ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concept of Family appointment ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajesh1319

Concept of Family appointment ?

Post by rajesh1319 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I want to apply for ILR for myself and 2 dependents (wife and son) in June.

Do I need to book a family appointment or individual appointment is sufficient?

I can book for myself as a main applicant and take authorization letter from wife for absence.

It is really hard to get a family appointment and I have been trying very hard for the last few weeks but no luck at all.

Really don’t understand the concept of ‘family appointment’ because if I applied through solicitor even they don’t take family appointment.

Can I take single appointment first and once successful in getting the family appointment cancel the single appointment? Is it possible to do this?

What is best time to get the family appointment even tried on Friday after 6:00 pm but no luck.

If anyone got the family appointment week starting 14.06.2010 in Corydon please share the exp how to get the appoitment.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm

If you are including your dependents in your ILR application, then you must schedule a family appointment - irrespective of whether your dependents accompany you to the PEO or not.

Family appointments aren't easy to get hold of, so keep trying both online and by phone.

regards

Kalugampitiya

Best time for family appointment is 15.30 to 1800 weekdas

Post by Kalugampitiya » Mon May 10, 2010 7:18 am

Best time to get family appointment is 15.30 to 18.00 hrs every week days.
I got mine in June checking during this time every week days.
Best of Luck
Kalu

BeHonest

Post by BeHonest » Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Login now and Book it. Family appointments are available.

mo222
Newly Registered

Post by mo222 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:41 pm

You don't need to take your family with you.. I just submitted my (successful) application, with 2 dependants, last Thursdy and I was just the only one who attended the appointment.

Actually I asked the UKBA about this matter before booking the appointment, so I was sure (my application was SET(o) - work permit)