ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS requirement???

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cardiff
Newly Registered

IELTS requirement???

Post by cardiff » Mon May 31, 2004 5:43 pm

Hi everybody, i came to UK in 1999 for studies. At that time i did IELTS with 6 score as a requirement of admission to university. Here i completed my Bachelors and then Masters (Full Time) in 4 years time. Now i want to migrate to canada under skilled worker programme. My question is Do i have to do IELTS again for high marks or will they consider me as a fluent user of the language?

Thanks

KA

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:22 am

IELTS provides prima facie (conclusive) evidence of your language ability.

The second option is for you to submit documentation explaining your use of English such as your work history, academic studies etc in English. The Immigration Officer would then review this 'evidence' in accordance with guidance from a 200 page manual and make a subjective judgement.

With all due respect the IO's have a heavy work load and they won't be best pleased by this approach. Make it easy for you and the IO and re-do the IELTS (the 1999 results are ancient vis a vis the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) - it has no subjectivity and you want to get maximum points don't you?

fomar

Post by fomar » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:02 am

there are 2 kinds of IELTS exam general and academic.

Which one is required?
Which one is harder?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:17 pm

1. general
2. academic