ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:44 am

hi all,
I ve been waiting for over 7weeks and havent manage to get through to the home office not even once, i tried few time before but no luck, it just seemed to me wasting 18p each time i try for absloutley nothing :P . i dont think i have much options but waiting and see, especially i work till afternoon everyday and cant contact them at 9 sharp at all.

Tim555

updates

Post by Tim555 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Updates from my side:
Passport Interview on: 08/05/10
Passport Received on: Pending
Supporting Doc Received on: Pending
Date of End of Journey :P : Pending

All the best for all those who are on same boat.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:37 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:Another update

Called today and was told that my application is under consideration ...... seems strange ,,,,,,,,, seven weeks on and my application moved as follows

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Waiting allocation to case working team
Under consideration

so it seems to me that instead of moving ahead application is infact moving back ......................
Called today and was told that my application is waiting allocation to case working team ............... lolz ..... I am afraid that they will ask me next week to send acknowledgement letter back to them so that they can send me my application ..............

freddfrog

Re: updates

Post by freddfrog » Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Tim555 wrote:Hi Guys,

Updates from my side:
Passport Interview on: 08/05/10
Passport Received on: Pending
Supporting Doc Received on: Pending
Date of End of Journey :P : Pending

All the best for all those who are on same boat.

Regards,
Good to hear Tim555, nearly there! More than likely you will receive your passport tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!

veryacidic
Newly Registered

Post by veryacidic » Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hello everyone, my experience so far:

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission:31/03/10 special delivery
Home office received application on the 1/04/10
CRITERIA - 4 yrs student+2yrs spouse+ 2months indefinite leave
Date of debit of debit/credit card credit card on 09/04/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:12/04/10 dated 09/04/10
Date homeoffice made decision:05/05/10 Supporting documents and approval letter received on the 10/05/10
Date of receipt of invitation letter for ceremony:pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln for passport :pending
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

I wish all of you waiting for your approval letters good luck :wink:

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 am

Congratulation ...........

vagus
Newly Registered

MY EXPERIENECE

Post by vagus » Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello everyone, my experience so far:

NCS or Postal : NCS Tyne and Wear
Date of submission:31/03/10 special delivery
Home office received application on the 1/04/10
CRITERIA -HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW PLUS 1 YR ILR[adult plus child]
Date of debit of debit/credit card credit card on 08/04/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:12/04/10 dated 08/04/10

Date homeoffice made decision:Called this monday- reply 'Decision made we will notify you by post. Still waiting for any letter!!!!

Update today 12/05/2010- Decision made - letter sent out this morning

Does it come as courier or normal post??

thanks
Last edited by vagus on Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi all,

could anyone received his approval letter tell us if it has been sent as a registered (recorded) or ordinary letter please.

Thank you

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Ramy90 wrote:Hi all,

could anyone received his approval letter tell us if it has been sent as a registered (recorded) or ordinary letter please.

Thank you
I think they always send through 2nd class normal post

alex99
Newly Registered

Post by alex99 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:39 pm

I've been told that decision has been made on the 4th of May
On the 5th i was advised that letter will be sent on the 6th. However, yesterday (11th) i was told that there is a 10 day delay in sending letters out? Has anyone else heard about it?
I have applied using NCS and the whole process from HO receiving the letter and making a decision was 26 days.
It seems that i will get a 2-in-1 letter by the 2nd class mail.

alex99
Newly Registered

Post by alex99 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Is anyone aware of a way of getting the telephone agent to tell the outcome of the application? They cannot do it over the phone, is there another way for them to communicate the decision back to me other than by post?

R-

Post by R- » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

alex99 wrote:Is anyone aware of a way of getting the telephone agent to tell the outcome of the application? They cannot do it over the phone, is there another way for them to communicate the decision back to me other than by post?
I'm afraid they'll never tell you the outcome over the phone. You'll have to wait for the post. The letters are sent as second class post.

alex99
Newly Registered

Post by alex99 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm

R- wrote:
alex99 wrote:Is anyone aware of a way of getting the telephone agent to tell the outcome of the application? They cannot do it over the phone, is there another way for them to communicate the decision back to me other than by post?
I'm afraid they'll never tell you the outcome over the phone. You'll have to wait for the post. The letters are sent as second class post.
Can this be done by email, fax etc?
Does anyone know the actual reason HO will not tell the outcome over the phone?

shekel

Post by shekel » Wed May 12, 2010 3:22 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:

Called today and was told that my application is under consideration ...... seems strange ,,,,,,,,, seven weeks on and my application moved as follows

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Under consideration

so it seems to me that instead of moving ahead application is infact moving back ......................
Called today and was told that my application is waiting allocation to case working team ............... lolz ..... I am afraid that they will ask me next week to send acknowledgement letter back to them so that they can send me my application ..............
I have no results yet either .... I think waiting consideration = under consideration in their eyes. Did you ask what date your application was allocated to case working team?

veryacidic
Newly Registered

Post by veryacidic » Wed May 12, 2010 4:42 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:Congratulation ...........

Thanks Ziqbal, and don't worry u will get ur approval soon.

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. The home office charge £720 each and they don't send the decision by 1st class instead of second ( normally 2nd class take 2-3 days more), its only 10p more!!!!
Alex, who told you that there is 10 days delay to send out letters? I am sure that the mail been running as normal as ever from royal mail side, but i think you meant there is problem from the home office side to send out letters, is that what u meant?

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Alex if i were you, i would call the council and explain to them that you might have lost your invitation letter in the post, they could have received your certificate already.

alex99
Newly Registered

Post by alex99 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:17 pm

thanks for replies guys.
Delay is on the HO side.
Just to clarify - HO is sending the letter to applicant and in case application was successful a certificate is sent to the council? I had an idea to try and ring the council but they ask straight away if i have got a letter from the HO...

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed May 12, 2010 7:07 pm

alex99 wrote:I've been told that decision has been made on the 4th of May
On the 5th i was advised that letter will be sent on the 6th. However, yesterday (11th) i was told that there is a 10 day delay in sending letters out? Has anyone else heard about it?
I have applied using NCS and the whole process from HO receiving the letter and making a decision was 26 days.
It seems that i will get a 2-in-1 letter by the 2nd class mail.
ALEX, My one decision made on 28th april but approval and ceremony letter came to gether with document and yes one thing my solicitor recevied dx secure post still he recevied on 6th may so if your one normal post so must be take 7 to 10 days i am thinking hopefully before this weekend u must be recevied.

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:44 pm

shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Under consideration

I have no results yet either .... I think waiting consideration = under consideration in their eyes. Did you ask what date your application was allocated to case working team?
I called two times today, first time I was told that they can not provide any information until six months lapsed after application submission, second time I was told that Telephone Officer can not see detailed information about the case until three months have been passed after application submission.

That's pathatic ..... and no more calls to HO, at least for few weeks and this time I am not lying

taaha
Newly Registered

Post by taaha » Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Under consideration

I called two times today, first time I was told that they can not provide any information until six months lapsed after application submission, second time I was told that Telephone Officer can not see detailed information about the case until three months have been passed after application submission.

That's pathatic ..... and no more calls to HO, at least for few weeks and this time I am not lying
HI ZIQBAL,

thats good decesion not to call them and donot worry INSHALLAH u will get ur approval very soon .

dadoctor
Newly Registered

Post by dadoctor » Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:

Waiting consideration
Under consideration
Under consideration

Haha I am sure you are not lying this time. See I told you. No more calls to the operators (they will get a big head). I agree with people above about certain nationals getting extra checks hence delay in their applications. So accept the fact and forget about the application (I know its hard) for a couple of months.
The thing that pissed me off was the unhelpful tone of telephone operators.
Also stop looking at the timeline of other people. That causes frustration if you know what I mean.
For now enjoy the semi final with Australia....

dimi
Newly Registered

Post by dimi » Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 am

Guys, please tell me if "acknowledgement letter" states that you can stay and work in the UK while your naturalisation application is being considered.

shekel

Post by shekel » Thu May 13, 2010 8:21 am

dimi wrote:Guys, please tell me if "acknowledgement letter" states that you can stay and work in the UK while your naturalisation application is being considered.
You are supposed to have an ILR or PR before applying for naturalization. With ILR or EU passport you can stay and work as much as you want to.

If you do NOT have ILR or PR, you are writing in the wrong forum.

dimi
Newly Registered

Post by dimi » Thu May 13, 2010 12:01 pm

shekel wrote:
dimi wrote:Guys, please tell me if "acknowledgement letter" states that you can stay and work in the UK while your naturalisation application is being considered.
You are supposed to have an ILR or PR before applying for naturalization. With ILR or EU passport you can stay and work as much as you want to.

If you do NOT have ILR or PR, you are writing in the wrong forum.
I have automatically aquired PR last July, but haven't applied for eea4 confirmation of PR, therefore i do hold PR, but I don't have an actual stamp in my passport.
I might be changing jobs in mean while, and would like to know if actowledgment letter will confirm my rights while application is being considered, so please let me know if it does