ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Available funds! do i only need to prove i have them once?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timmy_too_far
Newly Registered

Available funds! do i only need to prove i have them once?

Post by timmy_too_far » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 pm

hokay so, im going in to get my biometrics done tomorrow, and i have my bank statement all ready to go but i was just wondering if they check ur account again before you get into the uk? i have the available funds now but it was just a lend til i have the bank statement printed, im planning to have cash for when i actually arrive in the uk but would it matter if i was flat broke in the meantime?

ive applied for the youth mobility scheme.

another thing as well, i just got the money for it a week ago... would that affect whether my visa is rejected or not?

WellingtonKiwi

Re: Available funds! do i only need to prove i have them onc

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:25 pm

timmy_too_far wrote:
another thing as well, i just got the money for it a week ago... would that affect whether my visa is rejected or not?
I doubt they’d ask to see your bank balance once you’ve been granted the visa, BUT you’re required to show that the minimum amount required has been in your account for three months, so unlikely you will get the visa unless the rules have changed recently..... besides, you don’t want to turn up broke in the UK – finding a job can take a while and everything is expensive!

jools182
Newly Registered

Post by jools182 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Where does it state that the funds have to be in the account for 3 months?

I can't find anything on the UK border website stating this, and it also says that instead of a bank statement, they will accept a letter from the bank confirming funds, and surely this would not state how long they have been in?

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:50 am

Sorry for the delayed reply – sorry also appears I may have put you wrong (I couldn’t find anything either). 3 months bank statements certainly used to be a requirement for the WHV and still is for some other points based visas, but maybe this has changed for the YMV... I know a lot of people are still advising to supply 3 months but if it’s not a strict requirement then you should be ok. Good luck!

timmy_too_far
Newly Registered

Post by timmy_too_far » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:10 am

WellingtonKiwi wrote:Sorry for the delayed reply – sorry also appears I may have put you wrong (I couldn’t find anything either). 3 months bank statements certainly used to be a requirement for the WHV and still is for some other points based visas, but maybe this has changed for the YMV... I know a lot of people are still advising to supply 3 months but if it’s not a strict requirement then you should be ok. Good luck!
awesome, thanks for that :D

shinyhorn
Newly Registered

Post by shinyhorn » Tue May 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Whatever you do, make sure you can prove that you have availeble funds when you enter the UK.

If the money was a loan, make sure that you can explain where it came from, and it will be best to have supporting letter form that source. If you explain or prove everything upfront in your application, then they will have no questions fo you, and it will be granted faster.