ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Wed May 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey Meg,

I'm not sure about that I'm afraid, but read through the messages in this thread because I remember something being said about requesting the passports back and the application still going through.

Honestly, this is a disgrace on UKBA's part :( unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. Though by law the COA should be sent within 2 weeks.

Hey there Eileen,

Sigh, yea I know, just playing the waiting game at the moment. To be honest I don't see how the elections would've effected process of our documents, especially not despatching the COA anyway. I'm really peeved about this, and I'm going to write to my MP and cc Nick Clegg on it haha!

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Eileen, are you already working then?

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Wed May 12, 2010 7:44 pm

babie_meg wrote:Hi Eileen, are you already working then?
yes, I am?

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Wed May 12, 2010 8:01 pm

how did you convince your employer that you could work in the UK with COA?

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Wed May 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Sorry i meant without COA, how did you convince your employer? Just want some advice... thanks

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm

babie_meg wrote:Sorry i meant without COA, how did you convince your employer? Just want some advice... thanks
I called HO, they told me if My visa expired, but I am applying another application to extend it. I still have right to stay and follow the right of my last Visa.

There is file on the HO website written like this clearlly. I remeberd for my friend extended Visa, she printed this information to show her employer.

Also if employer do not believe, I think when you post you have receipt, they can call HO to ask.

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey all....

Thought i will come join you all in the que :) ....My application was sent only yesterday by my solicitor...so i have a long wait ahead of me.

Some background..

I have being living with my partner now for four years...i was an overstayer when we met, we have 2 children at the moment and we applied for certificate of approval in june 09 and finally received it in feb 2010 and we had our civil ceremony in feb....

Now im anxiously waiting for the RC, hopefully within the six months...will keep you all updated.

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Thu May 13, 2010 6:40 am

jajanana wrote:
Hi Msmoby_ru,
Are you an extended family member or partner of an EEA?
I am the EU Citizen, my Spouse and Step-son are the non-EU nationals

Sherlyta
Newly Registered

Post by Sherlyta » Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 am

Hello,

Before to say anything I want to thanks this forum for all the information and the advise posted, it helped me since I applied for family permit as a wife of an italian.

I sent EEA2 application on april 20th this year, I haven't received any confirmation of my application yet. What would you suggest me to do? should I call them? Can I go to their offices? or should I just send a letter?

Could anyone provide the HO phone number for this purpose?

On the other hand, I gather I have the right to work, the problem is that I can't find any job even I am highly qualified person. I just received my National Insurance Number. Do you think I can claim Job seeker allowance?

My husband income doesn't cover our expenses and my savings are going to cero soon!

Do you think this will affect my EEA2 application?

Thanks for your comments
Sh

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Thu May 13, 2010 10:51 am

Sherlyta wrote:Hello,

Before to say anything I want to thanks this forum for all the information and the advise posted, it helped me since I applied for family permit as a wife of an italian.

I sent EEA2 application on april 20th this year, I haven't received any confirmation of my application yet. What would you suggest me to do? should I call them? Can I go to their offices? or should I just send a letter?

Could anyone provide the HO phone number for this purpose?

On the other hand, I gather I have the right to work, the problem is that I can't find any job even I am highly qualified person. I just received my National Insurance Number. Do you think I can claim Job seeker allowance?

My husband income doesn't cover our expenses and my savings are going to cero soon!

Do you think this will affect my EEA2 application?

Thanks for your comments
Sh
Hey there Sherlyta,

You mentioned that you applied for a family permit? That should allow you into the country and work for 6 months if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong on that. For the residence card, well, like many others before me we're still waiting on the certificate of application which will state that you have the legal right to live and work in the UK (same rights of your husband) while the HO is taking its own sweet time in approving the application.

You can call the HO at 0151 672 5626 and ask about your application status. But read through the previous posts on this thread as there are some really good tips about writing to MPs for help, and faxing a letter to chase them about the COA and other numbers to call. HO will not entertain walk-ins and people who show up in person.

There are a wealth of jobs available right now. Try totaljobs.com or jobsearch.com. Total jobs is my personal favourite. Gumtree.com is good for waitressing or general administration and data entry jobs. If you have copies of your passport, your husband's passport and marriage certificate you might be able to convince a potential employer to hire you because you are allowed to work legally, and your visa status will remain the same as your previous one while the HO is deciding your new application.

I would advise against claiming jobseeker's allowance. Legally you are allowed to do so but HO states
Public funds

You do not have to work while you are living in the UK. But if you do not work, you must be able to support yourself and your family in the UK without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.
Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... s/#header3

Should you choose to apply for job seeker's allowance and other benefits legally available to you, you would just complicate your application further. But that, along with everything I've said above, is my own personal opinion.

Good luck!

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Thu May 13, 2010 2:40 pm

I have just written to my MP to complain about the delays on issuing COA.
Not sure how effective this will be.

P&T

Post by P&T » Thu May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

babie_meg wrote:I have just written to my MP to complain about the delays on issuing COA.
Not sure how effective this will be.
Hi Babie_meg!

Well to be honest its hard to say how effective the MP can be, we had two letters sent out by my MP (two months ago to speed up issuing my RC) and so far we havent had any progress :( ...But in saying that we believe that any steps taken to push your EEA2 case with the UKBA is a good thing so push them as far as you can!

Your COA (certificate of application) must by law be issued immediately by the Secretary of State under The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006
Section 17
(3) On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061003.htm#17

So to all EEA2 applicants keep on calling, faxing, sending letters, whatever it takes to get your voices heard and RC sorted!!

Good luck to us all with fingers super crossed!!

P&T

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Fri May 14, 2010 10:04 am

Has anyone made their EEA2 applications in April received their COA?

Sherlyta
Newly Registered

Post by Sherlyta » Fri May 14, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks missames for your valuable advise.

Well I called that number and it answered a machine just to entertain you, saying nothing really, but you can go to the royal mail and see if application has been received and be prepared to wait 6 months and it gave us a number to call if we want our passports to be returned - 0845 010 5200 and that number is completely busy... after 15 min waiting in the line, we are going to try in other moment now.

I will have to write a letter to my MP; not sure how to ask him about it though. I hope the new government doesn't make it harder to us.

let's hope everything goes well and on time.

Sh

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm

An update on my situation.. Well I finally got our application back after it had been sent to the wrong address, back to the HO, and then back to us again, more than a month after it had been considered invalid..

Invalid.. The reason? As a student, I have to provide evidence of comprehensive health insurance. Not just for me, but my partner to. Well I already knew that, and had included a certificate of insurance covering both of us from Standard Life, comprehensive it is too!! Called them.. They had even written by partner's name wrong in the letter asking for the document... I was told that they're very sorry and that it must have been overlooked, so I should just resubmit the application again.

I can't believe how slack these people are, considering their whole job is to check documents, write a few things down, how do they manage to get it so consistently wrong!? If they have an issue with the health insurance again, I'll just have to start bugging my MP..

So very frustrating...!

kafi

Post by kafi » Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 pm

I called again to home office to know about my application. they say still under consideration

its nearly 4 months & still under consideration that passed to a case worker on 18th march..

wt the hell is the case worker doing ? its really funny . home office services is nothing but a joke now.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 pm

since it's taking so long for them to issue the COA and I desperately need evidence that I can live and work in the UK, I'm now considering requesting my passport back from HO and go out of the country and apply for family permit instead (since my application for RC will still continue in HO).

has anyone applied for Family Permit before? Can I apply at the British Embassy in Dublin for example? How long does it take? is it difficult to apply? what supporting documents will I need to provide?

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 pm

babie_meg wrote:since it's taking so long for them to issue the COA and I desperately need evidence that I can live and work in the UK, I'm now considering requesting my passport back from HO and go out of the country and apply for family permit instead (since my application for RC will still continue in HO).

has anyone applied for Family Permit before? Can I apply at the British Embassy in Dublin for example? How long does it take? is it difficult to apply? what supporting documents will I need to provide?
Hi Babie, are u from ireland?
FP only give u 6 month to come to UK stady and worlk, but after 6 month u have to apply for RC again. Apply for FP is faster than RC. there is time processing form on HO website for different country.

It is really disappointed that HO seems stop processing our application. The first time I posted eea2 in March, it only takes 3 weeks to come back, because I sent some photocopies ducuments, they sent back all my documents. I sent again on earlier April and nothing back. It seems everthing process on normally time in March, but after easter, I do not know what is wrong with them.....

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri May 14, 2010 6:41 pm

babie_meg wrote:Has anyone made their EEA2 applications in April received their COA?
This is the second week since i sent my application.Havent received anything till now,even the acknowledgement that they received my application.
It is terrible.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Fri May 14, 2010 6:47 pm

eileenqx wrote:
babie_meg wrote:since it's taking so long for them to issue the COA and I desperately need evidence that I can live and work in the UK, I'm now considering requesting my passport back from HO and go out of the country and apply for family permit instead (since my application for RC will still continue in HO).

FP only give u 6 month to come to UK stady and worlk, but after 6 month u have to apply for RC again. Apply for FP is faster than RC. there is time processing form on HO website for different country.

It is really disappointed that HO seems stop processing our application. The first time I posted eea2 in March, it only takes 3 weeks to come back, because I sent some photocopies ducuments, they sent back all my documents. I sent again on earlier April and nothing back. It seems everthing process on normally time in March, but after easter, I do not know what is wrong with them.....
oh so you did apply in March and they sent back everything? does it mean they rejected your application because you sent them only photocopies and not originals and so you had to re-apply?

I sent them everything in original but I have just requested them to send back our passports today. I know my file has not been created yet because all my documents are sitting in their post room they haven't even looked at them yet... so if they do send me back our passports, when they actually go and check my docs and create my file, they will not have our passports with the application, not sure if they will reject then..!? although they did tell me the application would continue ...

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 pm

babie_meg wrote:
eileenqx wrote:

oh so you did apply in March and they sent back everything? does it mean they rejected your application because you sent them only photocopies and not originals and so you had to re-apply?

I sent them everything in original but I have just requested them to send back our passports today. I know my file has not been created yet because all my documents are sitting in their post room they haven't even looked at them yet... so if they do send me back our passports, when they actually go and check my docs and create my file, they will not have our passports with the application, not sure if they will reject then..!? although they did tell me the application would continue ...
yes, but only one of the document is photocopy. I do not think they creat a case or recorded for me for the first time. because there is no reference no. It means did not pass the first check.

The second time I sent at the beginning of April, I think they even have not opened yet. because when I called HO, they can not tell me what is in the application and the process. My god, it is 6 weeks already, my application still in their post room maby.

If u get your passport back, your application will be still in process until they call you for passport back. THey can not refused u, if you give a reason for passport back and told them you will return it.

kafi

Post by kafi » Sat May 15, 2010 12:25 am

hmoff recruited 390 case worker in the end of 2009 but still they became lazy after easter .

they shouldnt take more than 2 weeks to issue COA & 3moths for the EEA1/EEA2 if it is staright forword case,

but i cant find any reason why they are keeping our file in their store room for ages.

we should all of us, inform to our local MP about this.. if at least 10 MP write to the secretary of HOME OFFICE, it may make faster than now

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat May 15, 2010 8:16 pm

armstrong wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:
kafi wrote:i called homeoffice today to know any updates of my application..

i spoke to a lady , but she didnt let me know any updates ..

she told me i made application on 21 january,2010 ... as it is less than 6 months she isn't able to tell any updates , by law.
This is scandalous. I would demand to know what law states that they can't provide an update if your application is less than six months old???
happened to me so many times now i always thought it was just me. applied in Dec 2009 and still wouldn't give me any updates so i'm just gonna wait till June and have a real go at them.
I applied in December I have since received my Residence card 3rd week of April
we can all change our stars

677ano

Re: 14 months

Post by 677ano » Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 pm

deyne wrote:Hi guys
I have submitted my application on 20th Feb 2009 which is stated on COA,sent additional docs in Dec 2009 and they had got them in Jan 2010 by special delivery(another joke of postoffice)...then I have been waiting sine so far and there is not any updated.I have just called them as well in liverpool a few days ago,who was over the phone said my case is still under consideration and wouldn't give any further information...
really really really tired and desperate...cant do a thing without my passport...

anyone has the same sh**?
very funny over one year? good God
we can all change our stars

mackcasper007
Newly Registered

Enquiry Please

Post by mackcasper007 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 am

I will be travelling to the Uk soon I have an EEA entry clearance visa, How do I go about changing it to settlement on arrival, what are the steps (e.g type of application I should fill out, requirements and cost)must my spouse have a job? any information regarding this process will be highly appreciated.Thanks