ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ramy90

Post by Ramy90 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm

dimi wrote:
shekel wrote:
dimi wrote:Guys, please tell me if "acknowledgement letter" states that you can stay and work in the UK while your naturalisation application is being considered.
You are supposed to have an ILR or PR before applying for naturalization. With ILR or EU passport you can stay and work as much as you want to.

If you do NOT have ILR or PR, you are writing in the wrong forum.
I have automatically aquired PR last July, but haven't applied for eea4 confirmation of PR, therefore i do hold PR, but I don't have an actual stamp in my passport.
I might be changing jobs in mean while, and would like to know if actowledgment letter will confirm my rights while application is being considered, so please let me know if it does
The acknowledgement letter doesn't say anything regarding work, its all about the documents that they have received and that is all. you can call the home office and ask them for confirmation that you have the right to work.

Tim555

Re: updates

Post by Tim555 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi Guys,

Updates from my side:
Passport Interview on: 08/05/10
Passport Received on: Pending
Supporting Doc Received on: Pending
Date of End of Journey :P : Pending

All the best for all those who are on same boat.

Regards,
Good to hear Tim555, nearly there! More than likely you will receive your passport tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!
Hi Freddfrog,

Thanks for your kind words. Just to update you. Yesterday I contact to IPS they said my passport is printed and now in the process of delivery. Today I could not get it as I was not at home. Delivery guy just left 2 delivery cards with reference numbers. I guess one card is for supporting docs and 2nd of british passport. I called them and re-arrange a delivery for next monday on my office address. Let See....

My journey is nearly come to an end. Thanks to all those members who helped and guide me through out the journey. My kind regards and best wishes for all those who are on same waiting boat.

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

nyameye

My Wife's Update

Post by nyameye » Fri May 14, 2010 10:42 am

God is great!!!
Last edited by nyameye on Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks God - my journey is nearly over , I today received letter confirming my naturlisation. Here is the time line

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 20 March 2010 (Saturday)
Received at HO: 22 March 2010
CRITERIA - 2 YR Work permit + 3 year HSMP + 1 YR ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 29 March 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 31 March 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 14 May 2010 (letter dated 10 May 2010)
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:
Date of Receipt:

ryze
Newly Registered

Not allocated to a case worker

Post by ryze » Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 am

Hi all,
i phoned Nationality services on 08/05/2010,i was told buy the person dealt my call he cant bring up my file on the screen,and told me still my application not with a case worker,but he was mentioning my current nationality when i mentioned about traveling abroad,without me saying what natinality i am at the movement,its suprise me how,he was telling me.He mentioned aplication might take upto six months,i see on the board poeple who applied just before a week than me already recieved there approvals,please give me some enlightments

Date of submission : 08 April 2010
Received at HO: 09 April 2010
CRITERIA - Spousal Visa +ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12 April 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 14 April 2010
Date of receipt of approval: Not yet with a case worker(phone them on
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. for passport:
Method used:

shekel

Post by shekel » Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm

taaha wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
Called today and was told that my application is waiting allocation to case working team ............... lolz ..... I am afraid that they will ask me next week to send acknowledgement letter back to them so that they can send me my application ..............
I have no results yet either .... I think waiting consideration = under consideration in their eyes. Did you ask what date your application was allocated to case working team?
I called two times today, first time I was told that they can not provide any information until six months lapsed after application submission, second time I was told that Telephone Officer can not see detailed information about the case until three months have been passed after application submission.

That's pathatic ..... and no more calls to HO, at least for few weeks and this time I am not lying
HI ZIQBAL,

thats good decesion not to call them and donot worry INSHALLAH u will get ur approval very soon .
Any news today? I called, got same answer awaiting allocation to case worker.

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Fri May 14, 2010 1:53 pm

shekel wrote:
taaha wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:
shekel wrote:
I have no results yet either .... I think waiting consideration = under consideration in their eyes. Did you ask what date your application was allocated to case working team?
I called two times today, first time I was told that they can not provide any information until six months lapsed after application submission, second time I was told that Telephone Officer can not see detailed information about the case until three months have been passed after application submission.

That's pathatic ..... and no more calls to HO, at least for few weeks and this time I am not lying
HI ZIQBAL,

thats good decesion not to call them and donot worry INSHALLAH u will get ur approval very soon .

what i understood from my friends in circle - THE MORE YOU CALL THE MORE IT GETS DELAYED - and that was one of the reason i only called once.. rest up to you guys may be i am just wrong but one my friend was even told by the HO the number of times he called them and he recieved his approval exactly after 6 months ..

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri May 14, 2010 3:35 pm

alibokhari wrote:
shekel wrote:
taaha wrote:
ziqbal_2000 wrote:

HI ZIQBAL,

what i understood from my friends in circle - THE MORE YOU CALL THE MORE IT GETS DELAYED - and that was one of the reason i only called once.. rest up to you guys may be i am just wrong but one my friend was even told by the HO the number of times he called them and he recieved his approval exactly after 6 months ..
thats true alibukhari,but some country they do extra check as well like any dengerous countrys thats main reason for delay

ziqbal_2000

Post by ziqbal_2000 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:07 pm

No Shekel .............. no more calls to HO .... I have itching in my fingures since morning but I am not gonna call them .... atleast for a complete month

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Not allocated to a case worker

Post by mrlookforward » Fri May 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Take a chill pill mate. It wont take too long. :D

shekel

Post by shekel » Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 pm

ziqbal_2000 wrote:No Shekel .............. no more calls to HO .... I have itching in my fingures since morning but I am not gonna call them .... atleast for a complete month
I will try to do the same ..

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 pm

here is my time line :)

Date of submission : 14 May 2010
Received at HO: pending
CRITERIA - 7 years ( 5 years + 1 year PR + 1 year of wait for the PR to be issued )
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Transcash
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: tbc
Date of receipt of approval: tbc
Date of Ceremony: tbc
Date of appln. for passport: tbc
Method used: tbc

wish everyone good luck ..and hope we gona get some news soon and fast Incha _Allah
Last edited by joelondon on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vagus
Newly Registered

My experience

Post by vagus » Sat May 15, 2010 11:48 am

Hello everyone, my experience so far:

NCS or Postal : NCS Tyne and Wear
Date of submission:31/03/10 special delivery
Home office received application on the 1/04/10
CRITERIA -HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW PLUS 1 YR ILR[adult plus child]
Date of debit of debit/credit card credit card on 08/04/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:12/04/10 dated 08/04/10

Date homeoffice made approval:07/05/2010(received 15/05/2010 snail mail post)

Cermony- pending

thanks

Tim555

UPDATE

Post by Tim555 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Guys today 8) I got my passport and supporting docs. Thanks to all memebers who were helpful throughout this journey :P . :D Good luck to all those who are on same boat and waiting for decision.

Date of passport application: 15.04.2010
Method used: Check & Send
Date of interview: 08.05.2010
Date of Receipt: 15.05.2010 ( re-delivered )

Regards,

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Breaker29

Re: UPDATE

Post by Breaker29 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Many congratulations Tim, y :D ou finaly made it to the finish line. :lol:
Enjoy your free movement in and out of UK :arrow: . You propably must feel like a second birth :shock:
I wish your feeling and acheavement to all of the forum members and visitors.

Peace.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sun May 16, 2010 6:47 am

Tim555 wrote:Guys today 8) I got my passport and supporting docs. Thanks to all memebers who were helpful throughout this journey :P . :D Good luck to all those who are on same boat and waiting for decision.

Regards,

Tim
Congrats Tim on completing your journey, it's all worth it I'm sure! :)

My family and I are going to France in 2 weeks time and it's great not to have to apply for a visa, pay, wait 2-3weeks by post before actually being able to go!

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Breaker29 wrote:Many congratulations Tim, y :D ou finaly made it to the finish line. :lol:
Enjoy your free movement in and out of UK :arrow: . You propably must feel like a second birth :shock:
I wish your feeling and acheavement to all of the forum members and visitors.

Peace.
Many thanks for your kind words and thoughts Breaker29.
God bless you.

Wish you good luck.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:59 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Guys today 8) I got my passport and supporting docs. Thanks to all memebers who were helpful throughout this journey :P . :D Good luck to all those who are on same boat and waiting for decision.

Regards,

Tim
Congrats Tim on completing your journey, it's all worth it I'm sure! :)

My family and I are going to France in 2 weeks time and it's great not to have to apply for a visa, pay, wait 2-3weeks by post before actually being able to go!
Thanks freddfrog for kind words.

France is really nice place especially Paris. I went there with my Mrs on new year for couple of days by eurostar. It was really nice experience.

Good luck and enjoy your trip ( without visa ) 8) .

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon May 17, 2010 1:46 pm

update !!

Date of submission : 14 May 2010
Received at HO: 17 May 2010
CRITERIA - 7 years ( 5 years + 1 year PR + 1 year of wait for the PR to be issued )
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Transcash
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: pending
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: /
Date of appln. for passport: /
Method used: /

wish everyone good luck ..and hope we gona get some news soon and fast Incha _Allah

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Ha ha.
I reckon 99% of the traffic on UKBA telephone lines is due to people repeatedly calling up to check thir application status.

I have a question: If I just got naturalised by another country while waiting for british nationality, should I tell UKBA, or shouldn't bother? What do you think?

I am Russian, but lived for quite a few years in Bulgaria and then applied for Naturalisation there. However it took them 6 years to process my application and a month after I applied for UK nationality I suddenly (surprise, surprise) got naturalised as a Bulgarian citizen.
Obviously I need to go there and get the naturalisation act, attend a ceremony, apply for a passport...

Don't know what to do now? SHould I tell UKBA or not?

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Mon May 17, 2010 2:54 pm

anyone facing long delays on getting place for ceremony should try ENFIELD COUNCIL they are very helpful , i got my place booked for this Thursday 20th May. application was approved last Friday 14th May

krimith

Post by krimith » Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 pm

alibokhari wrote:anyone facing long delays on getting place for ceremony should try ENFIELD COUNCIL they are very helpful , i got my place booked for this Thursday 20th May. application was approved last Friday 14th May
yes,alibokhari my application approved 0n 28th april recevied ceremony letter 6th may and book on 7thmay they give me 19th may and private one 14thmay but it was friday no worth thats why attend on 19thmay

shekel

Post by shekel » Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 pm

ameba wrote:Ha ha.
I reckon 99% of the traffic on UKBA telephone lines is due to people repeatedly calling up to check thir application status.

I have a question: If I just got naturalised by another country while waiting for british nationality, should I tell UKBA, or shouldn't bother? What do you think?

I am Russian, but lived for quite a few years in Bulgaria and then applied for Naturalisation there. However it took them 6 years to process my application and a month after I applied for UK nationality I suddenly (surprise, surprise) got naturalised as a Bulgarian citizen.
Obviously I need to go there and get the naturalisation act, attend a ceremony, apply for a passport...

Don't know what to do now? SHould I tell UKBA or not?
IMHO u are technically not a citizen there yet :) So why confuse HO with something that can't help?

fcuk19
Newly Registered

Update!!!

Post by fcuk19 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 am

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission : 29 March 2010
Received at HO: 30 March 2010
CRITERIA - 11 years ( 9 Years ILR )
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Debit
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 06 April 2010

ps: Out of my family of 6, im the only one NOT british Yet!! I think my chances of approval are good but im still nervous!! I picked up the phone today to check progress but when it was ringing i hung up lool!! Nerves!!

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Update!!!

Post by f2k » Tue May 18, 2010 3:51 pm

fcuk19 wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission : 29 March 2010
Received at HO: 30 March 2010
CRITERIA - 11 years ( 9 Years ILR )
Date of debit of debit/credit card: Debit
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 06 April 2010

ps: Out of my family of 6, im the only one NOT british Yet!! I think my chances of approval are good but im still nervous!! I picked up the phone today to check progress but when it was ringing i hung up lool!! Nerves!!
Lol! :lol:

looking at some of the updates on this site it looks like they are now taking longer to process application, around 6/7 weeks. Possibly this is because a lot of people may have applied to beat the april fee increase or some were worried about the election having in effect. so hopefully it wont be long before you join the rest of your family.