ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do EEA Nationals require 5 or 6 years before application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Do EEA Nationals require 5 or 6 years before application?

Post by johnvfc » Fri May 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello,

I am a bit confused regarding the following statement in UK border agency website:
If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or you are the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status if you have exercised EEA free-movement rights in the UK for a continuous five-year period ending on or after 30 April 2006. You do not need to apply for leave to remain. You should have held permanent residence status for 12 months before you apply for naturalisation.
I am EEA national and arrived in September 2004 to study till September 2005. Since then I have been working permanently (and continue to work). In September 2010 it will be 6 years in total.

My questions is that can I apply now or do I have to wait until September 2010?

Thank you

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Do EEA Nationals require 5 or 6 years before application

Post by Ben » Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm

johnvfc wrote:September 2010
^^
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

johnvfc
Newly Registered

Post by johnvfc » Fri May 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks for the reply