ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY DAUGHTER IS NOT HIS(EEA)AND HE WON'T ENDOSE HER I HAVE PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adulteress
Newly Registered

MY DAUGHTER IS NOT HIS(EEA)AND HE WON'T ENDOSE HER I HAVE PR

Post by Adulteress » Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 pm

I got my Permanent residence card January this year. My husband has been behaving jealous. He cheated on me many times when we were together. I cheated twice and i got pregnant by another man and have a daughter Amanda. we agreed to forgive and forget and move on. My husband refused to get Amanda Italian passport even though his name is on her birth certificate. Even when he applied for my PR he refused to let me add our daughter. He hardly carries her or plays with her and he keeps saying he doesn't want keep his name on her certificate. The real father has moved back to Cameroon and he is happy to have his name on her birth certificate. I have not seen him since the affair three years ago, but I spoke to him and said if I remove my husband's name if he will be willing to have his name on.
Now we have to save money for the DNA. My husband says he will not pay but he will be happy to take the DNA since I receive the working tax credit and he does not contribute to her upkeep like buying her clothes (he is just not interested in her).
The relationship is very unhealthy he calls me Adulteress, and I want to move out with my daughter.
I am from Senegal. My husband is Italian but originally from Gambia, while Amanda’s father is from Cameroon. Amanda now has a Senegalese passport but nothing stamped on it.
I have a few questions.

• a. How can I legalise my daughter's stay so that she can travel out of the country. As we have never applied for any travel documents for her.

b. How can I change the surname name on Amanda’s birth certificate to the surname of her biological father and also the father’s details? I don't need her biological father but in case of anything, I want her to be able to trace her roots.

c. I had Amanda three years after I married my husband (although we had been together two years before we married) we married January 2004 and I got my family dependency visa in September 2004. Amanda was born March 2007. I don't know if these dates affect anything.

d. If I leave my husband, am I still entitled to TAX credits and will I be able to apply for housing benefit as I am on very low income.
Thanks everyone

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat May 15, 2010 6:16 pm

If you have permanent residence and your daugter was born in uk ,then just register her as British using MN1 form.

Adulteress
Newly Registered

Post by Adulteress » Sat May 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks a lot Troubled.

I actually called the passport office and they had told me that it was not possible to obtain british citizenship for my daughter, after reading this, i will save up quickly to get the money for the DNA test. so that my daughter can travel with me.
I have just copied and pasted what I read.

The child of an EEA national who did not become a British citizen at birth may now have an
entitlement to be registered as a British citizen under section 1(3), if the parent has since
become “settledâ€

677ano

Re: MY DAUGHTER IS NOT HIS(EEA)AND HE WON'T ENDOSE HER I HAV

Post by 677ano » Sat May 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Adulteress wrote:I got my Permanent residence card January this year. My husband has been behaving jealous. He cheated on me many times when we were together. I cheated twice and i got pregnant by another man and have a daughter Amanda. we agreed to forgive and forget and move on. My husband refused to get Amanda Italian passport even though his name is on her birth certificate. Even when he applied for my PR he refused to let me add our daughter. He hardly carries her or plays with her and he keeps saying he doesn't want keep his name on her certificate. The real father has moved back to Cameroon and he is happy to have his name on her birth certificate. I have not seen him since the affair three years ago, but I spoke to him and said if I remove my husband's name if he will be willing to have his name on.
Now we have to save money for the DNA. My husband says he will not pay but he will be happy to take the DNA since I receive the working tax credit and he does not contribute to her upkeep like buying her clothes (he is just not interested in her).
The relationship is very unhealthy he calls me Adulteress, and I want to move out with my daughter.
I am from Senegal. My husband is Italian but originally from Gambia, while Amanda’s father is from Cameroon. Amanda now has a Senegalese passport but nothing stamped on it.
I have a few questions.

• a. How can I legalise my daughter's stay so that she can travel out of the country. As we have never applied for any travel documents for her.

b. How can I change the surname name on Amanda’s birth certificate to the surname of her biological father and also the father’s details? I don't need her biological father but in case of anything, I want her to be able to trace her roots.

c. I had Amanda three years after I married my husband (although we had been together two years before we married) we married January 2004 and I got my family dependency visa in September 2004. Amanda was born March 2007. I don't know if these dates affect anything.

d. If I leave my husband, am I still entitled to TAX credits and will I be able to apply for housing benefit as I am on very low income.
Thanks everyone
speak to an advisor at the citizens advise bureau about housing benefit and tax credits, you will require the presence or written consent of the biological father as well as DNA proof before you can change the father name on the birth certificate.
we can all change our stars

Adulteress
Newly Registered

Post by Adulteress » Sat May 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks a lot Junior member,
I spoke to Amanda's father and he is happy to do a DNA. we are now trying to arrange how to collect his swop as he leaves in cameroon. You guys have been so helpful

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 pm

troubled wrote:If you have permanent residence and your daugter was born in uk ,then just register her as British using MN1 form.
This is excellent advice. Why do you not think it is possible Adulteress?

John

Post by John » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Directive 2004/38/EC, I agree, on the facts that have been given that is clearly the easiest solution.
John