ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doll737
Newly Registered

Post by doll737 » Sat May 01, 2010 9:08 pm

no he didnt. its coming to 13 weeks now and he still hasnt got it back :( i dont know why its taking so long to stamp a visa on a passport. i email them every week n they never ever reply.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I thought i'd bring this thread back into action as i was wondering where it had gone.

BatleyKhan: How Are you? Long time no speak? you probably dont even remember me.

Well im still not done with all this visa torture they implement on us. However the updates that i have are that the appeal has been allowed in late april. My solicitor has received the letter confirming the allowed appeal. Either me or my Wife have not yet received which is strange to me. My solicitor has E-mailed a letter and a copy of the decision letter to abu dabhi asking them to send a call letter.

My question is How long will the process take from here?

Anyone in the same boat or previously in the same boat please reply thankyou

searching

hi

Post by searching » Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm

appeal logged in abudhabi its been over 3 months now. and this is what i have received

Thank you for your email.
This is to inform you that your visa application is under process with ongoing checks. Due to a large number of on going appeals we have heavy workload of cases. Therefore we are sorry to say that at present we can not give you precise time frame in this respect. We shall be grateful if you would please wait to be contacted by this office.

Head of Post Decision Team
UKBAIG Abu Dhabi

do they normally take this long to review please advice

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,

This thread seems dead at the moment. I would like to encourage every1 to please post as all information and previous experiances of people will be handy to know for those who are in similar situations.

My situation,

Applied for Spouse Settlement: June 2009
Visa Rufused: July 2009
Applealed: August 2009
Hearing Date: April 2010 (Positive outcome) :D

When will my wife receive her call letter?????????

Thanks

ace999
Newly Registered

Post by ace999 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 am

RM786 wrote:Hi everyone,

This thread seems dead at the moment. I would like to encourage every1 to please post as all information and previous experiances of people will be handy to know for those who are in similar situations.

My situation,

Applied for Spouse Settlement: June 2009
Visa Rufused: July 2009
Applealed: August 2009
Hearing Date: April 2010 (Positive outcome) :D

When will my wife receive her call letter?????????

Thanks
Dear normally it takes 28 days for you to receive call letter. Meantime the ECO have the right to counter your Allowed Appeal (vey unusual) if they want, in which case the case goes to higher court for review. Otherwise you will receive call letter in due time. In case you dont try contacting the authorities which Allowed your Appeal they may then send you via email or post.
I hope it helps :)

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Ace,

Thankyou for your advice. Its been 1 month since the appeal hearing. I hope my wife will receive the call letter soon.

Is anybody else in a similar situation or has anyone been in a similar situation in the last 2 months you experiences will be very helpful for me to know and put me in some ease.

Thankyou.

ace999
Newly Registered

Post by ace999 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Your welcome

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Fri May 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi Friends

I guess i will be in same boat as u guys for a while and i wish all of you a very good luck with ur applications..

I received a appeal allowed letter on 26th May and now i am waiting for HO's replay and their reaction...

basically it was my moms application for a visitor visa (2 years) which we applied last year in April and it got refused after few months on stupid grounds that the sponsor don't have enough funds (40k per year) wasn't enough for them (my brother was the sponsor).. all evidence were provided but it seems they did not effort to go through them and all other crap that she won't come back etc ignoring the fact that she's bin here before and went back ... anyhow we made an appeal and on other hand applied again but this time for 6 months ... they refused again but this time made an excuse that she can't prove that she will return back and used the point that we didnot included the monthly rent she was getting from her property.. till that time we had enough of all this so we made another appeal and decided to wait ..

Anyhow luckily now we got a replay but now it seems its going to take another few months to get the visa ... i don't know how much more we have to suffer....

bcu_student
Newly Registered

complaint

Post by bcu_student » Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 am

I think we should all complain about the experience we had with the UK visa service. I have already made two complaints to the Home Office.

go to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/en ... complaints and fill out the complaint registration form and send it to the address mentioned on the website. They will give you feed back. They sorted out my problem and i hope they will do something for you as well. Just tell them about your fraustration and the problems you have encountered.

besst of luck to all

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm

Asalam alaycum all

looks like threads gone quiet again.

My wife won her appeal for spouse visa and solictor has recieved determination yesterday alhamdolilah.

I know there is huge backlog at mo, but anyone have idea when she nay recieve call letter?

RM786, has ur wife received call letter yet?

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 am

Hi Folks,

My spouse visa appeal was heard on 29th April and my solicitor got the AIT determination in my favour in mid-May. I got my call letter from the BHC Islamabad last Wednesday (2nd June) and got a booking for 14th June to submit my passport.

I am assuming this quick response is because the student visa applications aren't coming in large numbers right now so the backlog is not that big.

Regards,
Mesam.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:23 pm

That's quite quick, considering some people have been waiting months for a
call letter.

Insh Allah I hope u get the passport back quickly, keep us posted.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 am

Thanks Musab,

I know what you mean. When I saw the letter last week, it was a totally surreal experience as I was expecting to arrive in July at the earliest and given the way the BHC's past performance. These guys even rejected my visitor visa application for a one week course at London Business School that was sponsored and financed by my employer last year.

I am just glad that my ordeal looks close to being over. Now comes the fun part of looking for a job in the UK :D

Regards,
Mesam.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Musab_27,

I am still waiting at the moment for the call letter to arrive. One of my wifes friends who is in a similar situation had her appeal hearing on the 23rd April, received her call letter Last Friday. Im hoping ours wont take to long now. When was your wife hearing? Did you have a solicitor to represnt your case? Ask him to e-mail the determination letter to BHC and urge them to send out the call letter.

I have also asked for my MP's Help. I hope its not to long now as we have been waiting over 1 year and the mrs is pregnant.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Asalamalaycum all

RM786 I did have solicitor, but I represented myself as case was straightforward,judge allowed appeal within 20 mins, hearing was on 27 May. No point wasting money on solicitors if their not required:-).

Will wait for a few weeks before chasing up call letter, I hope ur wife gets her soon.

Mesam, won't be easy finding a job in this climate, unless you have a skill which is in demand.

sam-zen

collge closed

Post by sam-zen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

my college is closed ,visa is stell valid that person went back home is he come back>>>>with new sponsor.got visa dec2009 stell valid dec 2011
SAM JORDY

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 am

Hi Folks,

Quick Update: Went to the Islamabad VAC and submitted my passport at the legendary "Counter 10" ( I always wondered before what that counter was for !). The Gerrys rep. said that it could take between 4 and 6 weeks for the visa to get stamped.

Wi th regards to finding a job, I have an MBA and 5 years working in top telcos as a financial analyst and am a part-qualified CIMA. Hopefully that should be enough to get me started over there. As always, any pointers would be most welcome :)

Regards,
Mesam.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Salam all

how's your appliacations coming along?

Have you got ur call letter yet RM786?

Have u got passport back mesam?

I'm still waiting on call letter

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:27 am

Hi,

Passport is still with the BHC as of Monday. I expect it to come sometime next week or the week after as I submitted it on the 14th.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:02 pm

hi guys

looks like im in the same boat as all u hu have had sucessfull appeals and yet are waiting 4 their visas to be issued.

hopefully batleykhan or the moderators can do something to help.

xx

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Asalam alaycum all

mesam, anyone else i have a few questions which i hope you can answer.

my wife got call letter today alhamdolilah.

Letter asks her to give date of intended travel and length of stay, what should she put down for length of travel? and where should she note this as there was no form attached to letter

also she has been told to sumbit a copy of sponsers passport to confirm immigration status? were you asked this?

just to give idea of call letter time frame

hearing was on 27 May
determination received by wife on 11 june 2010,
Call letter received 12 July.

So it is taking roughly 4 weeks.

sardarjee
Newly Registered

dependant visa

Post by sardarjee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am

hellow all
applied for my dependant visa for UK on 23/06/2010, recently i have got auto e-mails stating me the status of my passport being underprocess, thus i beleive my passport could be ready in near future any time.
i hope its true???

before i sumitted my case,i had a real tough time at vac, as they pointed out my photograps were not quite good and needed to do phtocopies of ma docs again...in this all time consuming things i forgot to submit my wedding photo as a proof of my wedding(but marriage certificate is signed and registered in council and can be chased if the ECO want to),more over i could not send in my covering letter in that state of chaos created by vac officials, they did not allow to bring in my wedding cd to submit with the case also.

though i made this mess up but other docs are strong enough i assume like employment letter statin wages and employment status of my wife, 6 months salary slips, three months bankstatements,tenancy aggreement etc.

would appreciate a quick and detailed response from u guys to suggest me where do i stand,what r the chances of my visa???.

thanks

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 am

AoA Musab,

Yes, you need to give the sponsor's passport photocopy. In my case, my wife was my sponsor so I gave a copy of her passport.

With regard to the length of stay and intended date of departure, there is no separate form. In my case, I simply went to Gerry's Islamabad VAC and the gerry's dude at the counter asked me to write down the intended date of departure on the letter. i would suggest you put the date of departure about 6-weeks to 2 months from the date of submission. In my case, I submitted on 14th June so I put in the date as 1st august which makes around 6 weeks.

Regards,
Mesam.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:25 am

AoA Sardarjee,

I doubt the ECO will make a fuss about photos as long as the rest of the docs are sorted out. As for the CD, it is not allowed since the last year. Just remember the main things on which the application depends:

1- No previous history of breaking UK Immigration rules or giving false info.

2- Sponsor should have a job and a place to live, preferably independent.

3- Ability to prove marriage and an enduring relationship.

If you have these covered, there should be no major issues.

Regards,
Mesam.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 pm

hi everyone,

sorry havent been around for a while busy with work. This wait is really never ending isnt it. My wife submitted her passport about 2 weeks ago now. So we will see what happens. The call letter took about 6-7 weeks to arrive. appeal was allowed on the 27th April. Is anyone in the same boat? my wife is waiting for her passport to get back after an allowed appeal. Please share with us your stories, as i think we can benefit from this. Also anyone who has recently received their passports, how long did they take to come back?

Kind Regards