ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruitment Company wants copy of passport & HSMP Visa

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

Recruitment Company wants copy of passport & HSMP Visa

Post by sajidzaidi » Sun May 16, 2010 3:11 pm

I applied for a job in UK and yesterday i received an email from the recruitment company that they need to ascertain my details and want a scan copy of my Passport and HSMP visa.

is it safe to provide these details

Regards

Sajid Zaidi

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Check to make sure that the agency is legitimate. If it is, you can give it to them.

It's commonly asked for to verify your identity and status.

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Sun May 16, 2010 8:30 pm

it has its website on the net. seems legitimate to me.
is there any other way to check legitimacy?

Regards

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Run a google search with the name of the recruitment agency and add the word "scam" with it.

Its what I usually do. OTOH, there wouldn't be anything they could do with just a scanned copy of your passport... is there? Now if it were your bank details then its dodgy. I still think that it would be better if you meet in person and show them your passport. At least, that's the usual drill with recruitment agencies. I could be wrong.