ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Nationality proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drnaeem77
Newly Registered

Dual Nationality proof

Post by drnaeem77 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm

My sons were born in the UK and me and my wife has got Indefinite leave to remain. My sons have got British passport on the basis of ILR and born in the UK. They are also Pakistani National and have got ILR stamp in their Pakistani passport.
Do they have to get any stamp on their Pakistani passport to proof they being British citizen as well?

Waiting urgently for a valid reply.
Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm

My sons were born in the UK and me and my wife has got Indefinite leave to remain. My sons have got British passport on the basis of ILR and born in the UK. They are also Pakistani National and have got ILR stamp in their Pakistani passport.
Do they have to get any stamp on their Pakistani passport to proof they being British citizen as well?

Thanks

As far as UK is concerned, they do not need anything in their pakistani passports. The ILR sticker in their pakistani passport can remain as it is, but the ILR is not operational now, because your kids are now british citizens. You cant get their passports stamped at UK border anymore. You can simply keep both their passport. You can show pakistani passports to pakistan immigration, and British passport to UKBA. Its entirely legal, since both UK and Pakistan allow dual citizenship.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Re: Dual Nationality proof

Post by Sky_High » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 pm

drnaeem77 wrote:My sons were born in the UK and me and my wife has got Indefinite leave to remain. My sons have got British passport on the basis of ILR and born in the UK. They are also Pakistani National and have got ILR stamp in their Pakistani passport.

Thanks
You can not have any citizenship stamp on Pakistani passport. You dont need any. do you?

drnaeem77
Newly Registered

Post by drnaeem77 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks for reply. But if my kids would like to travel on pakistani passport to pakistan and return back to the UK on the same passport without showing UK passport; will ILR stamp is sufficient? Or they need any Right of abode stamp on pakistani passport? Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun May 16, 2010 7:58 pm

NO, they cannot enter UK just by showing their pakistani passports, as the ILR on the pakistani passports in now inoperative. They must have right of abode stamped. I wonder why would they want to do this un-necessary things, fill up even more forms and pay even more fees to UKBA, when there is no need to.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon May 17, 2010 3:22 am

Only two options ... British passport or Right of Abode stamp in Pakistan passport.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Just curious - why would a British citizen who holds a valid British passport prefer to enter the UK on a foreign passport?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

drnaeem77
Newly Registered

Post by drnaeem77 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi, In reply to Ben (guru) I just thought because of current political system, on my kids british passport there will not be any stamp showing that they went to pakistan.....That's the only reason I have asked the question.....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 3:12 pm

drnaeem77 wrote:Hi, In reply to Ben (guru) I just thought because of current political system, on my kids british passport there will not be any stamp showing that they went to pakistan.....That's the only reason I have asked the question.....
I understand. What's to stop them taking both passports though? They could show the Pakistani passport when entering / leaving Pakistan and show the British passport when entering the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Mon May 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Ben wrote:
drnaeem77 wrote:Hi, In reply to Ben (guru) I just thought because of current political system, on my kids british passport there will not be any stamp showing that they went to pakistan.....That's the only reason I have asked the question.....
I understand. What's to stop them taking both passports though? They could show the Pakistani passport when entering / leaving Pakistan and show the British passport when entering the UK.
I agree.

bani

Post by bani » Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 pm

You cannot apply for a "right of abode" stamp once you have a British passport. It's one or the other.

And yes, you can enter the UK on your other passport. And you would want to do that when the EU queue is very long.

You can show their certificate of naturalisation as proof of UK citizenship.