ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Checking Service (NCS)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

magsi23
Member of Standing

National Checking Service (NCS)

Post by magsi23 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Does anyone know if you can only use NCS only within your local council area where you normally reside?

Or it can be some other council?

Regards
Magsi

London-er

Re: National Checking Service (NCS)

Post by London-er » Sun May 16, 2010 1:00 pm

magsi23 wrote:Does anyone know if you can only use NCS only within your local council area where you normally reside?

Or it can be some other council?

Regards
Could someone with knowledge about this pls responde. I realised there are price differences in NCS services. Some charge more than the others.

John

Post by John » Sun May 16, 2010 1:10 pm

You can use any NCS office that you like, and indeed for some people it will be much more convenient to apply nearer to where they work, rather than where they live.

Also, when is the next appointment available? About a year ago someone I know, who lives in Birmingham , could not get an appointment at the Birmingham NCS for ages, but phoned up the Dudley NCS office and got an appointment just a couple of days later.
John

lboro

Post by lboro » Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 am

London-er wrote: Could someone with knowledge about this pls responde. I realised there are price differences in NCS services. Some charge more than the others.
London-er, how much difference you notice in the price? and how much was the cheapest one?

London-er

Post by London-er » Mon May 17, 2010 2:13 pm

London-er, how much difference you notice in the price? and how much was the cheapest one?[/quote]

Waltham Forest Borough Council charges £50
http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/index/c ... g-fees.htm
While Redbridge council Charges £35
http://cms.redbridge.gov.uk/community__ ... rvice.aspx

And so on . There are variations

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 am

I am surprised at this...I am planning to apply for Citizenship and checked with Bath Council services and they told me it will be around £90 for a couple. That is a lot of diccference.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:00 am

indianuk wrote:I am surprised at this...I am planning to apply for Citizenship and checked with Bath Council services and they told me it will be around £90 for a couple. That is a lot of diccference.
Bath & North East Somerset Council charge £75 for a couple (it's £90 for a family of 4). Redbridge charge £70.50 for a couple, and Waltham Forest charge £80, so actually not much difference at all.

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Wed May 19, 2010 11:24 am

After positing my bit i had a look at the BiaHomeOffice website and was surprised that councils charges are different. But yes you are right 'djb123', the difference is not much. So i would suggest look for dates that suite u and act accordingly. One of my freidn told me that he tried Cardiff council and waiting times were more than a month. So he had to go to one of the councils in Essex, waiting time 2 weeks.