ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MOD1221
Newly Registered

Re: status change

Post by MOD1221 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

sherifuk,

Thanks,

Application submitted on Mar 19 2010 - Status on very same day was "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on"

May 12, 2010 - Status changed to "Application is under process at BHC"
May 17, 2010 - Status changed to "Application ready for pickup at UK Visa Application Center"

May 17,2010 - Status changed to "Application collected" after i have collected my passport at VAC center Lahore.

Wish all you folks best of luck too.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Re: status change

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 17, 2010 1:52 pm

[quote="MOD1221"]sherifuk,

Thanks,

Application submitted on Mar 19 2010 - Status on very same day was "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on"

May 12, 2010 - Status changed to "Application is under process at BHC"
May 17, 2010 - Status changed to "Application ready for pickup at UK Visa Application Center"

May 17,2010 - Status changed to "Application collected" after i have collected my passport at VAC center Lahore.

Wish all you folks best of luck too.[/quote]

MIne status changed same on the 12 may 10 to under process with bhc but surprise not received any txt yet. my vac was karachi. ur was lahore ... right i think might be its little bit delay hopefully we will expect the same soon

Asif121
Newly Registered

Post by Asif121 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm

navalaviator wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:salam ppl

just wanted to ask how recent the bank statement and wage slips need to be

for example if i am applying in august just say 8 august , do i have to have the bank statment for july and the pay slip for july or can they accept the june ones. It cuz i want to send my docs before end of july so they can get there in beging of august , but i will not have my pay slip for july or bank statment as i could only get it once the month as finished.

any advice
You are supposed to provide the bank statments and pay slips of the last 6 months so if you intend to apply in august then then bank statements and wage slips must cover the month of july. :wink:
The most recent statements just give an idea to the ECO that what is your current financial position.
So lets say if the statements provided were of june and the applicant applies in august so it would rise a doubt that the financial situation has been changed and it is not same as it was in june.
The last statement should not be more than 4-5 weeks old in order to avoid any risk of being refused on the bases of outdated statements as it has already happened to some people where ECO refused only coz the statements were not recent.

NOT TRUE AT ALL !!!!!!!
why do people scare other people on here by just because they think they know it all when in fact its just what they think is right to do to be on the safe side, i provided only 3 MONTHS WAGE Slips an my wifes visa was absolutely fine, please stop stressing people out with unnecessary tension.

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Asif

did u provide the most recent payslips?? I provided them till end of jan and bank statements till end of jan but because of delays the application wasn't submitted until the end of march!! At the time I thought it shouldn't matter as the were only 7 weeks old!!
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Its 3 months wage slip (if you are paid monthly).

Its 8 weeks (if you are paid weekly)

Its 6 months bank statement ( the last one must be no longer than a month old at time of application)

If you are self employed then its the last two years accounts

Hope this clarifies the matter for all without falling out with each other. 8)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 18, 2010 4:11 am

Asif121 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
zeddy zed wrote:salam ppl

just wanted to ask how recent the bank statement and wage slips need to be

for example if i am applying in august just say 8 august , do i have to have the bank statment for july and the pay slip for july or can they accept the june ones. It cuz i want to send my docs before end of july so they can get there in beging of august , but i will not have my pay slip for july or bank statment as i could only get it once the month as finished.

any advice
You are supposed to provide the bank statments and pay slips of the last 6 months so if you intend to apply in august then then bank statements and wage slips must cover the month of july. :wink:
The most recent statements just give an idea to the ECO that what is your current financial position.
So lets say if the statements provided were of june and the applicant applies in august so it would rise a doubt that the financial situation has been changed and it is not same as it was in june.
The last statement should not be more than 4-5 weeks old in order to avoid any risk of being refused on the bases of outdated statements as it has already happened to some people where ECO refused only coz the statements were not recent.

NOT TRUE AT ALL !!!!!!!
why do people scare other people on here by just because they think they know it all when in fact its just what they think is right to do to be on the safe side, i provided only 3 MONTHS WAGE Slips an my wifes visa was absolutely fine, please stop stressing people out with unnecessary tension.
i provided only 3 MONTHS WAGE Slips an my wifes visa was absolutely fine, please stop stressing people out with unnecessary tension
Well i just tried to help him regarding up to date bank statements and wage slips and this is what he was enquiring about and i didnt stress or scare any one :evil: allright and the advice given here is not the ultimate professional advice (except batley khan) these are just the opinions and suggestions based on peoples personal experiences and people should seek advice from immigration solicitors for their applications instead of relying any thing blindly written here and using it as guidance for your case.This forum is about sharing experiences and thoughts with other peoples so if you dont agree with any thing then just ignore it instead of raising doubts on the credibility of some ones opinion allright just open up your eyes before posting any thing. :shock:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 am

salaam guys

Anyone heard any news today??
Done waiting!!!!

mrh_786
Newly Registered

Post by mrh_786 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 am

deemi wrote:salaam guys

Anyone heard any news today??
Salaam All,

MOD1221, zs786, Khalid83, Congratulations on your success and may Allah bless you with long and prosperous lives together with your wives.

Deemi, No update on my side yet, inshallah this week or maybe next.

26/03/10 : Application date
VAC: Mirpur
12/5/10 : Status Change to "Visa application under process at BHC"
12/5/10: Reply from UKHub, "no update wait 12 weeks"

The waiting continues...

sherifuk
Newly Registered

employement verification call

Post by sherifuk » Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Salaam All,

I recieved a call today from British Border Agency to confirmed my employement details. Actually i am senior management i answered the call and told em.. they asked is it your wife application i said yes and asking me about the company and said its just a verification call to confirm the employement.

I dont know what will happen nxt any advice. how many more days it will take. it coming to 8 weeks now this thrusday

batleykhan can you advice something on this.

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Sherif

Seems like the application is still here then and being looked at (which is a positive)!

I would guess that from this point forward its going to take at least 7 - 10 days just to post the thing back to pakistan!!

I know that one brother had his visa stamped the day after they confirmed employment! But like i said it will take time to post back to Pakistan!

Blows some of my theorys out the water though!! I was sure that they had been procesessed and were already back in Pak!!
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Re: employement verification call

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 18, 2010 1:52 pm

sherifuk wrote:Salaam All,

I recieved a call today from British Border Agency to confirmed my employement details. Actually i am senior management i answered the call and told em.. they asked is it your wife application i said yes and asking me about the company and said its just a verification call to confirm the employement.

I dont know what will happen nxt any advice. how many more days it will take. it coming to 8 weeks now this thrusday

These are just routine inquiries they make nowadays.

However it does not mean that they are looking at the file at that moment.

Most of the inquiries are made by various staff,before the file lands on the ECO desk and who will make the decision to grant visa or not.

If all things are in place and correct,it will help the ECO to make the right decision.

How long it takes depends on how quickly they make all enquiries. The quicker they can get response, the quicker they can issue visa. Average wait is still around 10 -12 weeks at moment. Hopefully you wont have long to go before you hear anything positively inshallah.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Tue May 18, 2010 1:55 pm

[quote="batleykhan"][quote="sherifuk"]Salaam All,

batleykhan can you advice something on this.[/quote]

These are just routine inquiries they make nowadays.

However it does not mean that they are looking at the file at that moment.

Most of the inquiries are made by various staff,before the file lands on the ECO desk and who will make the decision to grant visa or not.

If all things are in place and correct,it will help the ECO to make the right decision.

How long it takes depends on how quickly they make all enquiries. The quicker they can get response, the quicker they can issue visa. Average wait is still around 10 -12 weeks at moment. Hopefully you wont have long to go before you hear anything positively inshallah.[/quote]

Thanks for your help and advice

Regards

Sherifuk

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

calling cards

Post by sabeennaz » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Salam,

I know calling cards are worthless but i might as well add them in, as i dont have much evidence of contact. how shall i stick them on paper? and how many shall i show?

thanks

M_KHAN
Newly Registered

DAMN!!!!!

Post by M_KHAN » Tue May 18, 2010 7:36 pm

JUST MISSED A CALL FROM ECO. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT SHALL I DO?

WILL THEY REFUSE ME NOW?

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Re: DAMN!!!!!

Post by sherifuk » Tue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="M_KHAN"]JUST MISSED A CALL FROM ECO. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT SHALL I DO?

WILL THEY REFUSE ME NOW?[/quote]

how do you know its call from them... they call with an unknown number.. did they left the msg or someit... did they left any telephone number... i rekon they give it another go... make sure you keep your phone wid you all the time and answer the calls.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 18, 2010 7:48 pm

SheriffUk........ if you want to quote somebodys comment in your post.just press the quote button in that persons post.

Underneath put your commnets and then press preview button to see how it looks and then press send button. :wink:

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Salam sherifuk

Just wanted to ask what questions did they ask you, when they called to verify employment.

did they ask about your contract , weather it was full time work etc

thnks
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

kaidee

Re: calling cards

Post by kaidee » Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am

sabeennaz wrote:Salam,

I know calling cards are worthless but i might as well add them in, as i dont have much evidence of contact. how shall i stick them on paper? and how many shall i show?

thanks
Wassalamu 'alaikum

I glued my photos on pieces of paper and then put a staple in each side. You could do the same for your cards. I'd date them too to give an idea of the timespan and possibly add some credibility. Perhaps a couple of cards for each month with a date for each card?
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

Salaam guys!

Another day more or less done and seemingly no closer to a reply from the lovely UKBA!!

Anyway hoping someone has some news to help cheer me up as depression is setting in!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Everyone,

BatleyKhan: How Are you? Long time no speak? you probably dont even remember me.

Well im still not done with all this visa torture they implement on us. However the updates that i have are that the appeal has been allowed in late april. My solicitor has received the letter confirming the allowed appeal. Either me or my Wife have not yet received which is strange to me. My solicitor has E-mailed a letter and a copy of the decision letter to abu dabhi asking them to send a call letter.

My question is How long will the process take from here?

Anyone in the same boat or previously in the same boat please reply thankyou

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm

deemi wrote:Salaam guys!

Another day more or less done and seemingly no closer to a reply from the lovely UKBA!!

Anyway hoping someone has some news to help cheer me up as depression is setting in!

Wasalaam
Wa 'alaikumus salam

Easier said than done but try not to dwell on it. What will happen will happen. 50 000 years before the creation of the dunya Allah wrote all that will occur in the Lauh Mahfooth (The Preserved Tablet). The pens have been lifted and the ink has dried. There are 2 paths here that are united - your path and that of your wife, each have their own specific tests and perspectives of those tests and lessons to learn. Dua, earnest dua, is your weapon so pick your times carefully as some are better than others. You will either have your dua answered straight away/soon/later or have some bad averted from you instead or have a recompense for it in the akhirah. People will wish they had made more duas that weren't answered in the dunya when they see the compensatory reward in the akhirah. Win win.

As yardies say, "Jela daana paani utsi ponch jaasi" rough translation of the meaning is "When her destined food is ready she'll get there" :P

I've got a little over 3 months before our first baby is due so I'm bricking it a little that she won't get the visa or get it too close to the due date and so on but alhamdulillah, if that is what is written for me, my wife and our child then it shall surely pass and there is good in it for us. It is hard to see good in some situations but hindsight reveals it, to the point I saw the good in something that happened to me 10 years after it happened!

Patience can be bitter but it has great fruits and Allah rewards the patient ones without limit so seek help with patience and prayer (salah) and be persistant in sincere dua :D

Sorry if I haven't cheered you up but hope this gives you some tasallee/reassurance/comfort :P
Last edited by kaidee on Wed May 19, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Salaam,

My wife went to collect her application and she was refused an EEA family permit. I am really disappointed, the reason for the refusal was that the company i am working for is not registered with the company house which i think is strange, but i called my solicitor he said to me that a company doesn't need to be registered with the company house.

The second reason was that in my three months bank statements which I enclosed with my wife’s application were showing only one months wages of my current employment in them, but i had another job before this and in my bank statements you can see those wages from my previous job.

The third reason is that my pay date was 25th of December but the cheque was cashed on the 30th of December, this is very silly how long does it take for a cheque to get cashed well five working days is normal and given it was Christmas time so it should take at least five working days. The ECO also said that my marriage is of convenience, but I have provided a Nika Nama with English translation which is been attested and I also enclosed marriage photos.

My solicitor told me that a company doesn’t need to register with the company house, as long as they are registered with HMRC that is enough and they are paying taxes. He also told me that payslips are a minor issues and he can solve it.

Can someone please advise me how I should handle this, maybe Batleykhan can help me.

Thanks

khalid
Last edited by khalid83 on Wed May 19, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 19, 2010 12:52 pm

RM786 wrote:Hi Everyone,

BatleyKhan: How Are you? Long time no speak? you probably dont even remember me.

Well im still not done with all this visa torture they implement on us. However the updates that i have are that the appeal has been allowed in late april. My solicitor has received the letter confirming the allowed appeal. Either me or my Wife have not yet received which is strange to me. My solicitor has E-mailed a letter and a copy of the decision letter to abu dabhi asking them to send a call letter.

My question is How long will the process take from here?

Anyone in the same boat or previously in the same boat please reply thankyou
Hi RM786, yes i do remember you very well. I am glad you won your appeal.

Your solicitor only will recieve the adjudicators decison as he is your representative, not you or your wife. A copy will be send to teh ECO where you applied.

Unfortunately for some unknown reasons there appears to be lengthy delay in issuing visa. On average it takes about 3 months to get call letter, so you have a little bit more to go.

There is a post somewhere in this forum that has inquiries specific to this type of inquiries. I think I posted some comments on there. Have a look and read it and if any problem come back.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:58 pm

to RM786

i havent gone through an appeal process myself but know of someone whose appeal was allowed mid feb 2010, called by Gerrys mid April to hand in pp to issue visa, pp was returned mid may with visa stamped on it, hope this helps

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Salaam

Can you tell us exactly what questions they asked and how long the call was for.

Also, did they call your employers separately?

My wife applied on 31/03 at Lahore but there has been no change since

Thanks.