ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Re: employement verification call

Post by sherifuk » Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

no recieved the call they asked me my name , company info how many people working and all tht, director details , and told me its a verification check thts it really.. he wanted to speak to hr department but i was on senior management below director so i answered the call

yas00007
Newly Registered

Post by yas00007 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Salaam Bro/Sis

THERE IS NO GOD ONLY ALLAH, MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH
Glory be to Allah, Praise be to Allah

My wife got her Visa today. She went over to the Islamabad VAC to collect today.

Applied: 24/03/2010
Visa Issued & Stamped: Couple days ago
Call received to pick up passport: 19/05/2010

So in total it took exactly 8 weeks.

My case was not straight forward at all, but it shows that if your paper work is correct then you should be fine. Dont take no chances, send all relevant stuff.

Also do dua, read your namaz and pray extra nafls and do dua from the heart and Insha Allahit will come true. Thats what was true in my case

I do dua for you all

Wasalaam

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Sallam everyone,

Uncle Batleykhan i have been waiting since last june for all this to be over and done with. So i guess i havent got much of a choice then hang on in there. lols.

CRT7 Welcome, i see its your first post. Thanks for your input. I hope my mrs gets her visa by september at the latest. You see i went to see her in jan for 2 months and we will inshallah be expecting our first baby in october. Ive read above that one of the members is in a similar situation.

Does anybody know how late a woman has to be in her prgnancy to not be able to fly on either PIA or Emirtes.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm

RM786 wrote:Sallam everyone,

Uncle Batleykhan i have been waiting since last june for all this to be over and done with. So i guess i havent got much of a choice then hang on in there. lols.

CRT7 Welcome, i see its your first post. Thanks for your input. I hope my mrs gets her visa by september at the latest. You see i went to see her in jan for 2 months and we will inshallah be expecting our first baby in october. Ive read above that one of the members is in a similar situation.

Does anybody know how late a woman has to be in her prgnancy to not be able to fly on either PIA or Emirtes.
International Airport regulations would not allow women fly if they are pregnant beyond 7 months - so 7 months is the boarder line. May Allah SWT make it easy for all of us inshAllah

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 am

@khalid83

Sorry to hear about your refusal mate.
The ECO also said that my marriage is of convenience, but I have provided a Nika Nama with English translation which is been attested and I also enclosed marriage photos.
Well thats strange if you provided wedding photos and Nikkah nama along with its english translation then i just cant figure out that how the ECO could assume that your marriage is polygmous or of convenience???

Did you provide any evidence of contact e.g letters,cards,itemised phone bills etc.(calling cards are not accepted normally as an evidence of contact and they have always been looked suspicious by ECO'S)

I hope your decision would be overturned with out going in to appeal if you provide correct evidence to address the refusal reasons.Atleast the ECO didnt refuse you on some serious grounds ,the reasons you have been refused on are normal daft ones unfortunately ,well hope for the best. :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu May 20, 2010 4:48 am

@RM 786
Its nice to see your posts mate,i have seen your posts in this thread some 100 pages back ,well i have trawled through first 180 pages of this thread so far :D

@someperson49
Good to see you back on the forum :)

@ys00000000000007 (lol)

Congratulations on your success. :)

@kaidee
Excellent mate indeed for posting some nice words.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 20, 2010 9:20 am

Salaam all
Salaam Bro/Sis

THERE IS NO GOD ONLY ALLAH, MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH
Glory be to Allah, Praise be to Allah

My wife got her Visa today. She went over to the Islamabad VAC to collect today.

Applied: 24/03/2010
Visa Issued & Stamped: Couple days ago
Call received to pick up passport: 19/05/2010
Congrats yas - 8 weeks seems to be the average at the moment based on all the people posting on here!

Hopefully I will hear something about the Mrs visa tomorrow or monday!!

Sherif and mrh - any news?? Only asking as your guys applications are within a day or so of mine!

Anyway i will update if i hear anything (which will be postive & soon inshallah!)

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 pm

not yet deemi i am on a waiting game as well

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I have my original Nikkah Nama here, do I need to get it translated and attested here or in Pakistan, does it also need signatures on it?

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 pm

salaam deemi......

jus to let you know that i applied on 9/3/2010 and still havent heard anything, when tracking on the website it says: app forwarded to Islamabad oc on..........i applied at Islamabad VAC.........its been more than 10 wks and my case seemed to be a simple straightforward one but Allah knows best..........guess we cant do anything before the 12wks are up........good luck anyway

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Salaam CRT7

Thanks! You have really cheered me up!! HAHA!!

Only kidding mate - its so annoying not knowing when they are going to get back to you!! Thats why i have been providing myself false hope from other peoples returns!

I know that the fact you applied about the same time has no impact on when you will hear (as people on these forums who applied on the same date got the decisions a month apart!!) but it gives you some sort of date to hope for anyway!

One quick question though - did your status not change to "application is under process at the BHC" recently? A lot of peoples who applied around March did - including my wifes who applied on the 26/3/10.

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 pm

deemi........well at least you feel better even if it is at my expense :(

the status hasnt even changed, it has always been app forwarded to islamabad oc on.....ever since i applied

UKBA contacted my employers in mid April so I guess its a consolation knowing that they havent lost the papers (lol)

But like you say, who knows how they work over there......

Just have to wait it out.....

You might hear from them soon if your status has changed recently....?

deemi

Post by deemi » Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

CRT7 - i wasn't being cheered at your expense brother!! I know how bad the wait is!! I was just making a stupid joke!

It is really annoying though that there is such a lack of consistency!! I know there are people whos status changed at the same time as mine and thier applications were returned within 2 -5 days! And then thier are others whos status changed and have had there employers contacted after the change in status!

I mean in your case its been a month since they contacted your employer! Whats taking so long after that?

And i know that they (to date) havent bothered to contact mine!
The only thing i can say is that i kind of work for a government department myself!! So am technically a civil servant (dont hate me people!). I guess the fact that they can find all the details about my employer online may be a reason not to contact them?

Anyway i am rambling!!

If you dont mind me asking - do you work for a large or small company??

Inshallah we wil all hear something soon and then i can stop writing these stupid ranting emails!!
Done waiting!!!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

I dont hate you i too am a civil servant (lol).........how do you know they havent contacted your employers? I contacted my head office and asked if UKBA had been in touch with them, they checked my notes and said yes they had been in touch enquiring about my employment status etc etc and that they sent the reply to UKBA mid April........

I know you were only jokin..........your right it is annoying but we have to be patient..........would help if there was some kind of pattern, consistency but there isnt..........

Inshallah you will hear smthn soon and Im sure it will be good news.........dont stress ok???

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Salam everyone,

Thanks navalaviator for your reply,

No I only provided Nika Nama its attested English translation and wedding photos. What should I do next, I mean shall I appeal or re-apply and is it possible that the refusal decision is being overturned and if yes what do I have to do.

Thanks,

khalid

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 am

Salaam all

Just a quick update - 8 weeks today and no news so far!

A quick question - does the tracking website get updated at random during the day or does it just happen once a day first thing in the morning??

Also anyone else heard anything?

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 am

deemi wrote:Salaam all

Just a quick update - 8 weeks today and no news so far!

A quick question - does the tracking website get updated at random during the day or does it just happen once a day first thing in the morning??

Also anyone else heard anything?

Wasalaam
w/s

Well for my Mrs' case, I checked my status at around 11am, and it said Forwarded to Islamabad OC, two mins later had a call from my wife in Pakistan saying she got a call telling her to collect her passport. Two minutes later, the status changed online.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 am

My wife submitted her application on 11/05/2010, I did not have any sort of update by email going through this forum people do receive an update after they submit the application am I right?

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 21, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks for the info zak!!

And z4ydi - they don't email an update but if ur wife signed up to the txt service she will get an update via txt and the status on the vac tracking website is also updated.

Hope this helps
Done waiting!!!!

mrh_786
Newly Registered

Post by mrh_786 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:32 am

Salaam All,

Deemi - no update for me either mate. 8 weeks today lets pray next week brings us all some good news.

Q4sim

Who should attest the english translation of a Nikah Nama

Post by Q4sim » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey everyone,
New to this board.
My wife is going to apply for a uk settlement visa really soon inshallah.
We have translated our Nikah Nama into English and have had it attested by an Oath Commisioner. However, I have heard that someones visa got rejected as it was not attested by a judge.
Is this true?

The following site mofa.gov.pk also states that Nikah Nama's need to be attested by a judge or a magistrate class 1.

Whats your experiences?

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri May 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Mrh - inshallah next week!! Haha!!

I seem to be saying that a lot recently!! And if one more person says no news is good news I may just lost it!!!
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey everyone,
New to this board.
My wife is going to apply for a uk settlement visa really soon inshallah.
We have translated our Nikah Nama into English and have had it attested by an Oath Commisioner. However, I have heard that someones visa got rejected as it was not attested by a judge.
Is this true?

The following site mofa.gov.pk also states that Nikah Nama's need to be attested by a judge or a magistrate class 1.

Whats your experiences?

It needs to be attested by a qualified interpreter and translator who can understand both English and Urdu.

Its no use having it certified by anyone who doesnt understand English well...... although he may be a judge.

Its best to have it done here in the UK

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Fri May 21, 2010 2:24 pm

My situation same guys no news 8 weeks yesterday

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:24 pm

slaam all

just an update, Mrs uk settlements visa submitted on the
31sr March 2010 at Gerrys Lahore

Status online: Visa application is under process at British high comission.

Inshallah may Allah give everyone sabar