ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA and WRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maganzo

Non-EEA and WRS

Post by maganzo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 pm

My fiance is under WRS,and next week we will marry.
In June this yr,she will be one yr working in UK.Then she can apply for Registration Certificate.

soon after our marriage ,should i use RC or FMRC to apply for a card?
Please help

rota919
Newly Registered

Post by rota919 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

What is your current immigration status?

In my experience with HO you will still need to proof a sustained relationship even if you are married before they will consider.
Well my experience dates from about 3 years ago and things might have changed in the mean time.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm

No proof of "sustained r/ship" when married is required unless there is an investigation into a marriage of convenience.

A marriage certificate is what is needed to confirm a genuine r/ship. Once your wife has obtained her registration certificate then you can apply for a residence card straight away.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Plum70 wrote:No proof of "sustained r/ship" when married is required unless there is an investigation into a marriage of convenience.

A marriage certificate is what is needed to confirm a genuine r/ship. Once your wife has obtained her registration certificate then you can apply for a residence card straight away.

We recently married at Registry Office,after getting COA from H/O.
My wife is under WRS and i am overstayer!
I am confused whether :
1.To go back to my country and apply visa to join my wife or
2.I can apply within UK for FMRC as a spouse of an EEA national,am not sure
how H/O will accept or not.

irric
Newly Registered

Post by irric » Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm

maganzo wrote:
Plum70 wrote:No proof of "sustained r/ship" when married is required unless there is an investigation into a marriage of convenience.

We recently married at Registry Office,after getting COA from H/O.
My wife is under WRS and i am overstayer!
I am confused whether :
1.To go back to my country and apply visa to join my wife or
2.I can apply within UK for FMRC as a spouse of an EEA national,am not sure
how H/O will accept or not.
Hi Maganzo...........
I might not be the expert but just to give u some facts...
Ur case is bit tricky...u need to win this on technicality......
Even if everthing is genieun.....u still need to proof that ur marriage is real and not to keep u here after overstay....And not to mention it depends on what basis u are a overstayer.....

I would advise to go for it without going back..... At first they will reject u and ask u to give some documents for overstat period......

However as u are married now to EU member, they cannot do anything against u..... but u need to win in a professional way.....

A solictior will be good in this case and in that case u should look forward to court hearing where u can justify whatever reason was there for overstay and that u are married and need to stay with ur partner........
HO cannot win against Human Rights....ok

Let me know what u have decided as i am dealing with another friend in real life with very same situation and i can tell u when he will get to court hearing or it may never go that far.......

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm

To me it clearly looks like a marriage of convenience, just from the fact that you are an overstayer. No question of human rights here either. You should pray the Home Office would see it different.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:To me it clearly looks like a marriage of convenience, just from the fact that you are an overstayer. No question of human rights here either. You should pray the Home Office would see it different.
Please dont judge somebody you havent made!It seems you are rude and wasting your time to write nonsense here.

John

Post by John » Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 pm

To me it clearly looks like a marriage of convenience, just from the fact that you are an overstayer
Oh OK, people that overstay are not allowed to fall in love! :roll:

maganzo, have you already got a CoA? To permit you to get married in the UK?
John

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm

John wrote:
To me it clearly looks like a marriage of convenience, just from the fact that you are an overstayer

Yes ,and i have already applied for FMRC.
Just waiting for COA(Application),it is almost 3 weeks since i sent the application to H/O.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 pm

John wrote:

I wish I was that lucky and fell in love with an eea citizen woman when I was living illegaly. It only happened shortly after I got ILR and that too with a British woman. But I am amazed at the amount of people who happen to be overstayers, students with visas running out shortly, asylum seekers etc etc falling in love with eea women, lol
:D

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:52 pm

mrlookforward wrote:
John wrote:

I wish I was that lucky and fell in love with an eea citizen woman when I was living illegaly. It only happened shortly after I got ILR and that too with a British woman. But I am amazed at the amount of people who happen to be overstayers, students with visas running out shortly, asylum seekers etc etc falling in love with eea women, lol
:D

You are stupid!The problem of your people when you get what you want,you pretend to be more than the natives!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Who are these "your people" ?

ld10

Post by ld10 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Many immigrants who themselfs migrated to UK and now have got their ILR or BC begins complain about immigration criticise other migrants, and behaving like they were born here in UK,its funny to hear.

F-warzone
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by F-warzone » Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello everyone

if someone could answer

I am Naturalized Citizen from one of the Eu states and my mother who is Non-Eu Citizen is legally living with me from past 1 year, we recently decided to move to the Uk and live there if possible.

Just wondering could my mother be granted permission to live with me in the Uk?

Thanks

elvina
Newly Registered

Post by elvina » Sat May 29, 2010 9:45 pm

exactly,pple come here to seek help not for others to jugde and condem. do u have proof that someones marriage is a sham marriage.even home office can not prove it themselves.
anyway i advice pple to seek help from cab or proffesion solicitors.