ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

677ano

Re: Enquiry Please

Post by 677ano » Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 am

mackcasper007 wrote:I will be travelling to the Uk soon I have an EEA entry clearance visa, How do I go about changing it to settlement on arrival, what are the steps (e.g type of application I should fill out, requirements and cost)must my spouse have a job? any information regarding this process will be highly appreciated.Thanks
If your spouse is an EEA citizen she would have to be exercising treaty rights before you can make an application for EEA residence card. Also if your spouse is from the A8 EU countries then she will have to complete WRS i.e workers registration scheme before you can apply for EEA residence card but you will still be able to apply for family member residence stamp FMRS.

If you give more details of your spouse nationality, current situation in terms of exercising treaty rights then we could advise you better.
we can all change our stars

mackcasper007
Newly Registered

Enquiry Please

Post by mackcasper007 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 am

My spouse is a EEA citizen from the A8 EU countries and we will be travelling together to the Uk.It would be great to have an outline of what I should apply for e.g FMRS and can people work without the EEA RC?My spouse used to work in the Uk so she has got an NI number does she still need to apply for WRS?Thanks inadvance for ur reply.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 am

mackcasper007 wrote:My spouse is a EEA citizen from the A8 EU countries and we will be travelling together to the Uk.It would be great to have an outline of what I should apply for e.g FMRS and can people work without the EEA RC?My spouse used to work in the Uk so she has got an NI number does she still need to apply for WRS?Thanks inadvance for ur reply.
It is a requirement for her to register for WRS after she complete the one year before you can apply for EEA residence card using form EEA2. But you can apply for FMRS while she is under the WRS. EEA applications are free but it takes up to six months or more to process.

Since you have EEA family permit you should get a bank account, NI and work on moving here before you send in your application.

if your spouse was working in the UK before and has registered for WRS and completed the 1 year with the same employer she does not need to register again.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 am

mackcasper007 wrote:My spouse is a EEA citizen from the A8 EU countries and we will be travelling together to the Uk.It would be great to have an outline of what I should apply for e.g FMRS and can people work without the EEA RC?My spouse used to work in the Uk so she has got an NI number does she still need to apply for WRS?Thanks inadvance for ur reply.
Please note she must be exercising treaty rights for your application to be considered

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am

Another Monday rolls around and still no COA.

Anybody with any luck so far? Is it just me that has a feeling that they send out COAs en masse? So none of us April batch has gotten that stupid letter. Luckily I've deferred my interview till end of June if not I would be so depressed :evil:

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Mon May 17, 2010 10:44 am

I received COA finally.Posted in very earlier April. It takes 5 and half weeks. Good luck to everyone.
Do not worry, it will come, but just will take 5-6 weeks now.
Now I formally join the long waiting team. :D

craftynick

Post by craftynick » Mon May 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi I am just looking for some clarification regarding my husbands visa. He is currently living with me here in UK (I am EU national he is non EU) on his 6 months EU Family permit, this expires in September. Do we have to wait until this is almost expired or can we apply for his EE2/residency card now? Apologies if this has been covered previously. Thanks

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Mon May 17, 2010 2:06 pm

eileenqx wrote:I received COA finally.Posted in very earlier April. It takes 5 and half weeks. Good luck to everyone.

Good luck!I sent mine on 30-04,still no acknowlegdement.
An hour ago i called number 01516725626 to ask regarding my application.
After waiting for more than 20 min,the guy came on but he was not helpful at all just to coming they received my application.

Is this number a PREMIUM ?Otherwise i will pay a lot of money in bills!

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 pm

craftynick wrote:Hi I am just looking for some clarification regarding my husbands visa. He is currently living with me here in UK (I am EU national he is non EU) on his 6 months EU Family permit, this expires in September. Do we have to wait until this is almost expired or can we apply for his EE2/residency card now? Apologies if this has been covered previously. Thanks
Hi Nick,

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, a Family Permit (FP) is similar to a visa and that will permit your spouse or family to ENTER the UK. To remain in the UK they will have to apply for a Residence Card (RC) which you can only apply from within the UK. So yes, you are able and should apply for an RC now.

If you're in any doubt, you can always call HO for advice, its best to call in the morning.

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 4:52 pm

eileenqx wrote:I received COA finally.Posted in very earlier April. It takes 5 and half weeks. Good luck to everyone.
YAY!! Congratulations Eileen :P I will wait for another 2 weeks then, seems like a month or more is the norm now... outrageous!

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 pm

missames wrote:
YAY!! Congratulations Eileen :P I will wait for another 2 weeks then, seems like a month or more is the norm now... outrageous!
May be Eileen is like a starter!We will see how it goes for April applications!
I sent mine on 30-04.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon May 17, 2010 8:21 pm

craftynick wrote:Hi I am just looking for some clarification regarding my husbands visa. He is currently living with me here in UK (I am EU national he is non EU) on his 6 months EU Family permit, this expires in September. Do we have to wait until this is almost expired or can we apply for his EE2/residency card now? Apologies if this has been covered previously. Thanks
If he has obtained NI number, gotten employment and opened a bank account. I will advise you make the application now as it takes 6 months and things are very slow at the HO

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 pm

maganzo wrote:

Good luck!I sent mine on 30-04,still no acknowlegdement.
An hour ago i called number 01516725626 to ask regarding my application.
After waiting for more than 20 min,the guy came on but he was not helpful at all just to coming they received my application.

Is this number a PREMIUM ?Otherwise i will pay a lot of money in bills!
dont worry it is not a premium number

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 9:34 pm

maganzo wrote:
missames wrote:
May be Eileen is like a starter!We will see how it goes for April applications!
I sent mine on 30-04.
Yeah hopefully!! I'll update when I get mine. Keep the faith!

craftynick

Post by craftynick » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

677ano wrote:[If he has obtained NI number, gotten employment and opened a bank account. I will advise you make the application now as it takes 6 months and things are very slow at the HO
Thanks for your help, he is working at the moment but it is only a temporary position on a week to week basis, do you know if this will affect it at all? He also has a bank account & his NI number.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Wed May 19, 2010 4:07 pm

craftynick wrote:
677ano wrote:[If he has obtained NI number, gotten employment and opened a bank account. I will advise you make the application now as it takes 6 months and things are very slow at the HO
Thanks for your help, he is working at the moment but it is only a temporary position on a week to week basis, do you know if this will affect it at all? He also has a bank account & his NI number.
no it will not affect it as you re the one expected to exercise treaty rights. my advice is that you should send the application now

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 am

thanks a lot 677ano for your advice

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Thu May 20, 2010 7:55 pm

missames wrote:
I have also received my COA on Monday. Posted my applicatino on 27 April, received by HO on 28 Apr. Date on the COA is 14 May. I think I got this sooner than most people probably because I sent 2 emails and 1 fax complaints to HO, 1 email complaint to SOLVIT and 2 email complaints to my MP and I called HO every day to harrass them! :D So for those who are still waiting for their COA, please don't stop bombarding the HO with emails, faxes and phone calls!! ha ha. I'm so happy that I finally have the evidence that I can work in the UK. Now I just hope the Residence Card will be issued within 6 months....

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Thu May 20, 2010 8:13 pm

babie_meg wrote:
missames wrote:
I have also received my COA on Monday. Posted my applicatino on 27 April, received by HO on 28 Apr. Date on the COA is 14 May. I think I got this sooner than most people probably because I sent 2 emails and 1 fax complaints to HO, 1 email complaint to SOLVIT and 2 email complaints to my MP and I called HO every day to harrass them! :D So for those who are still waiting for their COA, please don't stop bombarding the HO with emails, faxes and phone calls!! ha ha. I'm so happy that I finally have the evidence that I can work in the UK. Now I just hope the Residence Card will be issued within 6 months....

Congrats !I sent my application 3 days after you,and am still waiting COA.
Was your case straight foward?Good luck

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Out of curiosity - does your COA have the Case ID and Reference number?

I'm more interested to know if there's a case id.

Cheers.

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Glauco wrote:Out of curiosity - does your COA have the Case ID and Reference number?

I'm more interested to know if there's a case id.

Cheers.
Hi, my COA has Case ID, but no referrence No, what does this mean? I do not think they will allocate case reader so quick.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Thu May 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't know how it works either...
Hopefully the Case ID is your place in the queue (besides it being your own reference number anyway).
I would like to think that Case ID is the number in the queue...

eileenqx
Newly Registered

Post by eileenqx » Thu May 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Glauco wrote:I don't know how it works either...
Hopefully the Case ID is your place in the queue (besides it being your own reference number anyway).
really? I do not understand. why we need so many months in the queue. I do not think there will be more people apply under EU law than UK law. How the normal Visa application only take 4 weeks. Then under EU law need 6 months or more. How long they will spend on one case? and how many people in the queue?

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Fri May 21, 2010 5:09 am

maganzo wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
missames wrote:

Congrats !I sent my application 3 days after you,and am still waiting COA.
Was your case straight foward?Good luck
Yes I guess my case is quite straightforward. I sent in our marriage certificate and my husband's payslips and work contract, and a tenancy agreement to show we've been living together for move than 2 years. on my COA there is a Case ID and a Ref number. I also requested my passport backs which i have now received back so we can plan some holidays now during the 6 month wait :D and in the letter they told us no need to send them back our passports until a caseworker has requested them back. on my COA it states I am free to live and work in the UK :D but they say if I travel i will need to apply for a family permit before returning but it's stupid because HO have all my supporting documents and I will need the same for the Family Permit application and I won't have them. So they are contradicting themselves!

677ano

Post by 677ano » Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

Glauco wrote:I don't know how it works either...
case ID is your Home Office reference number it start with 123 and it is 8 numbers