ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal because of too much money

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Refusal because of too much money

Post by sooluvbi » Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Hiya everyone,

My friend has just received a refusal letter from HO stated the reason is he has too much money in his bank account!

I really dont catch them!. Is this one of their rules??

Cheers.

troubled

Post by troubled » Fri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Interesting!!!.May be the cap on immigration has began so any excuse will be given.You have to appeal or they refund your application fees.The most ridiculous reason i have ever heard.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:07 pm

ummm. i thought the cap was only on non-eu ECONOMIC migrants....not students.

anyway! could you provide us with more details?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Refusal because of too much money

Post by Tier 4 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 pm

sooluvbi wrote:Hiya everyone,

My friend has just received a refusal letter from HO stated the reason is he has too much money in his bank account!

I really dont catch them!. Is this one of their rules??

Cheers.
How much money was in his account by the way?
N/A

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:44 pm

absurd it seems,but that can't be the true reason,
HO might be suspicious about where the money come from...i.e. is there possibility of money laundering going on.....if there's substantial amount of cash in the Applicant's account,especially for a student....

sooluvbi
Newly Registered

Post by sooluvbi » Sun May 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi, actually we are studying at the same university but come from different countries. We just know each other because we are in trouble with the visa extension.

I asked him this morning and he said he is holding 80.000 pounds in his account. Actually, I have been quite shocked. But there is no rule states that he can not have more money than requirement, innit??..

Give me and him some advice, please :)

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:47 pm

sooluvbi wrote:Hi, actually we are studying at the same university but come from different countries. We just know each other because we are in trouble with the visa extension.

I asked him this morning and he said he is holding 80.000 pounds in his account. Actually, I have been quite shocked. But there is no rule states that he can not have more money than requirement, innit??..

Give me and him some advice, please :)
When he got his refusal letter, what did it exactly say? What reason did the UKBA give him exactly?

Having £80,000 in a bank account could raise an eyebrow or two but I do not see anything that says you can be refused for having too much money! I'm sure alot of the wealthy students have that much money in their accounts anyway!

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:48 pm

£80,000 that's not really a substantial amount of money for an international student,consider a degree length of 3yrs,that's about right,I was expecting more like 800,000+.....
Yeah,i also want to know what's UKBA's exact refusal words like on that letter.