ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

677ano

Post by 677ano » Fri May 21, 2010 8:59 am

eileenqx wrote:
Glauco wrote:I don't know how it works either...
Hopefully the Case ID is your place in the queue (besides it being your own reference number anyway).
I would like to think that Case ID is the number in the queue...
really? I do not understand. why we need so many months in the queue. I do not think there will be more people apply under EU law than UK law. How the normal Visa application only take 4 weeks. Then under EU law need 6 months or more. How long they will spend on one case? and how many people in the queue?
every case is treated differently some cases are resolved in 4-5 months others are longer it depends on how straight forward your case is and how you present it.
we can all change our stars

677ano

Post by 677ano » Fri May 21, 2010 9:01 am

eileenqx wrote:
Glauco wrote:I don't know how it works either...
Hopefully the Case ID is your place in the queue (besides it being your own reference number anyway).
I would like to think that Case ID is the number in the queue...
really? I do not understand. why we need so many months in the queue. I do not think there will be more people apply under EU law than UK law. How the normal Visa application only take 4 weeks. Then under EU law need 6 months or more. How long they will spend on one case? and how many people in the queue?
you will be surprised at the number of EEA applications it is quite much

deesnider
Newly Registered

Applied for COA on the 1st of February 2010

Post by deesnider » Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm

I and my British partner had applied for COA -civil partnership- on the 1st of February 2010 but the Border Agency hasn't responded yet and my student visa on my passport will expire on 26th May -this Wednesday-.

I called Home Office today but they didnt give me any information about the approval, only thing they said was ' you need to request your passport back' due to its visa expiry date. So I have decided to go to Croydon on Monday to get my passport back not to be an illegal person!

But I need your advice, what am I supposed to do?

I want to stay in the UK, am Turkish citizen.

kafi

Re: Applied for COA on the 1st of February 2010

Post by kafi » Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 am

deesnider wrote:I and my British partner had applied for COA -civil partnership- on the 1st of February 2010 but the Border Agency hasn't responded yet and my student visa on my passport will expire on 26th May -this Wednesday-.

I called Home Office today but they didnt give me any information about the approval, only thing they said was ' you need to request your passport back' due to its visa expiry date. So I have decided to go to Croydon on Monday to get my passport back not to be an illegal person!

But I need your advice, what am I supposed to do?

I want to stay in the UK, am Turkish citizen.
AS FAR I KNOW FOR COA YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS VALID VISA , BECAUSE SOMETIMES IT TAKES 4-8 WEEKS & IT IS QUIT DOUBTFULL THAT U APPLIED FOR COA AS UR VISA GOING TO FINISH IN A MONTH.

EVEN IF U GET COA LUCKILY , U HAVE TO EXTEND YOUR VISA GAIN ..

SO BEST THING I ADICE YOU IS TO DO THE STUDENT EXTENSION 1ST OR IF U UNABLE TO EXTEND UR VISA THAN GO BACK TO COUNTRY WITH UR PARTNER & COME BACK AS A DEPENDED VISA . AND THIS IS EASY AS WELL AS YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR HOME OFFICE DECISION FOR AGES.

deesnider
Newly Registered

Post by deesnider » Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 am

actually there were 4 months to expire my visa when I applied. So it wasnt a month and they didnt respond me quickly that I was unlucky. So you recommend me to go back to my country and come back again! I think it is impossible to extend my student visa as I have already finished my language course here a month ago. Thanks for your advice.

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Sat May 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Everyone,
I finally got my COA today 22 may 10 in the post and was dated 18 may 10.
My application as been received since 15 April 10.
Now I can get back to my Job.Now my suspension will be lifted by my employer.
So I will wait for my RC to be approve and my passport send back to me.
I wish all of us all the best.

es1985
Newly Registered

Post by es1985 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi guys, im really worried rightnow. I sent my EEA2 application around 12 April 2010 and i still have not receive my Certificate of Application (COA) yet. Btw, I'm married and for me now i just want to start working!!!!! I tried calling HO but couldnt get through and they ended my call. Other members said there was option 3, is there? Now im thinking to email them, can u guys provide me the email address please?

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 23, 2010 9:17 am

I am an Irish national and moving to UK next month to take up employment. Can I apply for EEA2 for my wife immediately after joining or do I need to wait?

also, do i need to register before I apply for EEA2?

Thanks in advance,

kafi

Post by kafi » Sun May 23, 2010 11:24 am

ChIrl wrote:I am an Irish national and moving to UK next month to take up employment. Can I apply for EEA2 for my wife immediately after joining or do I need to wait?

Thanks in advance,

yes u need to register for WRS first if u do job in uk than ur wife can apply for EEA2 or

if u are self employed than ur wife can apply now for eea2 ,,, but you need submit your slef employed tax return if u have one, proof NI payment & invoices & bank statement

kafi

Post by kafi » Sun May 23, 2010 11:34 am

es1985 wrote:Hi guys, im really worried rightnow. I sent my EEA2 application around 12 April 2010 and i still have not receive my Certificate of Application (COA) yet. Btw, I'm married and for me now i just want to start working!!!!! I tried calling HO but couldnt get through and they ended my call. Other members said there was option 3, is there? Now im thinking to email them, can u guys provide me the email address please?
u should get ur coa by right now. I dont know whay is this,

did u send ur documents by recorded delivery ? if u do so u can call them and tell them the recorded delivery number . They will able to find it where is the application is..

or you can email them.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 23, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks Kafi. Very much appreciated. I was not aware of that. I thought WRS was introduced in 2004 for 8 countires who joined EU in 2004. I am an Irish citizen.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tregister/

In any case, how long does it take for registering with WRS and when can I apply EEA2 for my wife?

Can I meanwhile review EEA family permit until she gets EEA2?
kafi wrote:
ChIrl wrote:I am an Irish national and moving to UK next month to take up employment. Can I apply for EEA2 for my wife immediately after joining or do I need to wait?

Thanks in advance,

yes u need to register for WRS first if u do job in uk than ur wife can apply for EEA2 or

if u are self employed than ur wife can apply now for eea2 ,,, but you need submit your slef employed tax return if u have one, proof NI payment & invoices & bank statement

kafi

Post by kafi » Sun May 23, 2010 11:40 am

ChIrl wrote:Thanks Kafi. Very much appreciated. I was not aware of that. I thought WRS was introduced in 2004 for 8 countires who joined EU in 2004. I am an Irish citizen.

In any case, how long does it take for registering with WRS and when can I apply EEA2 for my wife?

kafi wrote:

Thanks in advance,

i think u r right , u dont need to apply for wrs... so it good that she can apply now..

u both needs some proof of address , like - joined bank statement or bank statement, utility bills, tv licence or tenants agreement & wages slips... etc..

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 23, 2010 11:47 am

I know it's a stupid question to ask looking at this thread. But, can I expect a decision in three months as my wife's case is straightforward as we have lived in ireland for 5 years and have kid? Does it help?

If not how can she travel out of UK and return back?

kafi wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Thanks Kafi. Very much appreciated. I was not aware of that. I thought WRS was introduced in 2004 for 8 countires who joined EU in 2004. I am an Irish citizen.

kafi wrote:

Thanks in advance,

i think u r right , u dont need to apply for wrs... so it good that she can apply now..

u both needs some proof of address , like - joined bank statement or bank statement, utility bills, tv licence or tenants agreement & wages slips... etc..

liquid_87
Newly Registered

Post by liquid_87 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 am

hi guys, I just wonder what is the best time to call UKBA to inquire about my husband's application for a RC? I've tried today at 09:05 and they cut me off, no one to answer my call :roll:

simple_shoes
Newly Registered

how about those applied in March/April?

Post by simple_shoes » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

hi all, this is my story:
I arrived in UK with family permit visa as a wife of Italian citizen. On the 4th month of my FP visa I applied for EEA2 residence card.
my dates are:
30.03.2010 - sent EEA2 application
31.03.2010 - EEA2 was received by Home office
28.04.2010 - received COA dated 21.04.2010
current - still waiting for residence card.

the case was really straitforward and all necessary docs were submitted - evidence of employment in UK of both of us, bank accounts information, marriage certificate with official translation, two passports, NI number, photos. the only bad record in my story was that before my eea family visa i had 2 refusals for UK visa (tourist and business visa) but I explained them in details in a cover letter attached to the application.
I have 2 questions.
1) Will it influence the timing if only my husband will recall his passport back? If they have already issued a COA does it mean that they need only my passport with them or they need both till the RC will be issued?
2) I haven't called or written to Home office yet. If they are so unfriendly and so many people are calling them I am really stressed of the thought of contacting them. Are these calls/letters really effective?

I blindly dream about having my passport back by August.
PS this bureaucracy is such a crap!

adolma999
Newly Registered

Re: how about those applied in March/April?

Post by adolma999 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:17 pm

simple_shoes wrote:hi all, this is my story:
I arrived in UK with family permit visa as a wife of Italian citizen. On the 4th month of my FP visa I applied for EEA2 residence card.
my dates are:
30.03.2010 - sent EEA2 application
31.03.2010 - EEA2 was received by Home office
28.04.2010 - received COA dated 21.04.2010
current - still waiting for residence card.

the case was really straitforward and all necessary docs were submitted - evidence of employment in UK of both of us, bank accounts information, marriage certificate with official translation, two passports, NI number, photos. the only bad record in my story was that before my eea family visa i had 2 refusals for UK visa (tourist and business visa) but I explained them in details in a cover letter attached to the application.
I have 2 questions.
1) Will it influence the timing if only my husband will recall his passport back? If they have already issued a COA does it mean that they need only my passport with them or they need both till the RC will be issued?
2) I haven't called or written to Home office yet. If they are so unfriendly and so many people are calling them I am really stressed of the thought of contacting them. Are these calls/letters really effective?

I blindly dream about having my passport back by August.
PS this bureaucracy is such a crap!
If u look into posts on this website u will find at least one person who requested his passport back and then got his RC within the period of 6 months.
What happend normally when u request ur passport back is that they send it with a letter saying not to return the passport until u have been contacted again (by that time they contact u hopefully ur RC will be ready). So that means they can process ur application without ur passports being with them for the whole period of 6 months.

Commonwealth

PLEASE HELP

Post by Commonwealth » Tue May 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Can smone advice me on how many weeks it will take before l receive my passport? I applied for EEA2 in dec 2009 requested for my passport in march and returned passport in april 2010 as requested by home office. Imagine till now l have not heard anytime from them. Hw long will it takes to receive my RC on my passport. Advice please. Thanks

kafi

Re: PLEASE HELP

Post by kafi » Tue May 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Can smone advice me on how many weeks it will take before l receive my passport? I applied for EEA2 in dec 2009 requested for my passport in march and returned passport in april 2010 as requested by home office. Imagine till now l have not heard anytime from them. Hw long will it takes to receive my RC on my passport. Advice please. Thanks
u supposed to get it by now

any way u should wait till 6 motnhs and u can inform to ur local mp about this situation

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

kafi wrote:
Commonwealth wrote:Can smone advice me on how many weeks it will take before l receive my passport? I applied for EEA2 in dec 2009 requested for my passport in march and returned passport in april 2010 as requested by home office. Imagine till now l have not heard anytime from them. Hw long will it takes to receive my RC on my passport. Advice please. Thanks
some of the member are so lucky ... the got rc in 3/4 motnh before elecetion..

but now it delaying again.... as i also applied in 21 january,,,, its more than 4 month. still no news from ho.

its frustrating as well... i booked holiday and i cant go to outside the uk..

god knows how long it takes to get this rc.....

P&T

Post by P&T » Tue May 25, 2010 3:30 pm

kafi wrote:
kafi wrote:
some of the member are so lucky ... the got rc in 3/4 motnh before elecetion..

but now it delaying again.... as i also applied in 21 january,,,, its more than 4 month. still no news from ho.

its frustrating as well... i booked holiday and i cant go to outside the uk..

god knows how long it takes to get this rc.....
Hey Kafi & Commonwealth!

We are also waiting for this RC our summer plans have been shot left right and centre ahh!!

Our application was sent Jan 11th! We've decided to get in touch July 5th a week before the 6 months are up because everytime we call we get the same response "sorry we are unable to give progress reports until after the 6months are up bla bla bla!"

Its all very annoying..

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue May 25, 2010 4:39 pm

kafi wrote:

Thanks in advance,

no Ireland is not part of the A8 countries so he does not require to register for WRS his wife can apply as soon as he move to the UK for EEA2

677ano

Post by 677ano » Tue May 25, 2010 4:48 pm

first call the HO and ask them to give you the case work team you should send a letter by fax to them as a reminder that the 6 months is almost up

Commonwealth

Home office attitude

Post by Commonwealth » Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks everybody for all your comments and advice. I always call them but only response am usually getting is that your application is still under consideration and no time frame until six months.
Why are they behaving like third world countries. Just to check documents and confirm authencity. They requested for the same documents l have submitted at initial stage which l have submitted since 33 days now and l also confirmed they have received the documents. I think someone should have commonsense and attitude to work in that particular office.
My life is just static, employers are reluntant to give employment without passport even by providing COA that states clearly that you can work snd live in UK. Also smone cant travel. Why?
Why are they treating us like this?

mamag
Newly Registered

Re: Home office attitude

Post by mamag » Tue May 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Thanks everybody for all your comments and advice. I always call them but only response am usually getting is that your application is still under consideration and no time frame until six months.
Why are they behaving like third world countries. Just to check documents and confirm authencity. They requested for the same documents l have submitted at initial stage which l have submitted since 33 days now and l also confirmed they have received the documents. I think someone should have commonsense and attitude to work in that particular office.
My life is just static, employers are reluntant to give employment without passport even by providing COA that states clearly that you can work snd live in UK. Also smone cant travel. Why?
Why are they treating us like this?

For your employer , just tell them to check your right to work with the employment agency that HO sent up to help employers to verify identity of employee

As HO issue , you will have to exercise patient , that's HO for you , hopefully with the new govt there will be improvement

Commonwealth

STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION

Post by Commonwealth » Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 am

I called HO this morning and the guy l spoke with said that my application is still under consideration. Can somebody advice why is it so difficulty to decide an application ASAP?
Am fed up with this system.