ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused-urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

meha

Spouse visa refused-urgent

Post by meha » Thu May 20, 2010 1:57 pm

My wife filled in a spouse visa application in Kosova by selecting Settlement and then Wife type of application. It was refused on the grounds that the application was about indefinite leave to remain outside of country. I do not know how.
I have indefinite leave to remain and I live an work in UK. We have been married for less then a year and the type of visa we want is a spouse visa valid for 2 years so that she can come to live with me in the UK.

I am confused.

If I reapply online then after selecting Settlement for the Purpose of Application then there are several options. Is Wife more appropriate or Marriage is more appropriate for a 27 months spouse visa? I do not know what Marriage is in this case. Please help

I appreciate you help in this matter.

Best regards,

Meha

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Sounds like you applied for ILE, should have applied for FLR aka Spouse Visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

meha

Post by meha » Thu May 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Wanderer wrote:Sounds like you applied for ILE, should have applied for FLR aka Spouse Visa.
We did the usual application online as follows:
Purpost of Application
Settlement
Type of Application
Wife

If this selection is correct then I do not know how the ECO concluded that the application is for ILR.

If you check the online application, under Type of Application there are several options including Marriage option. Could Marriage be the right one for a spouse visa?

There is no option that says Spouse. Very confused. Please help.

moma

Post by moma » Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 pm

well ur wife was suppose to fill in a vaf4a form settlement visa yes but make sure that she knows its nt a ILE.