ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ngueda2009

after divorce

Post by ngueda2009 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 pm

i have just received the decree absolute of my divorce brief history: got married in may 2003 granted the family permit in 2006 divorce in may 2010.
i asked my solicitor whether i should informed the HO he said there is no need to as i will just apply for pr in sept 2011. is the solicitor right?
my second question is this as i am planning to travel to my country wouldn't the home office try to cancel my visa? my ex has always worked during all the time we were together and i have most of the payslips
thanks

troubled

Post by troubled » Mon May 24, 2010 6:47 am

You have to inform HO as clearly stated on the letter accompanying your resisdent card .If there is any change in circumstances with your eea member HO should be informed, divorce is a significant change so inform HO to be on a safer side.Sometimes solicitors can get things wrong so do not assume they are always right and remember this is your life but not the solicitor.

ngueda2009

thank you

Post by ngueda2009 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 am

thank you for the advice

denispearl

Sorry maybe not helpfull for you

Post by denispearl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi. Sorry for asking, but Ive got pretty same situation with divorce.
My wife is EU citizen I am not.
Juest wondering where should we apply for divorce and how whole procedure looks like?
Also how much is that and how long it takes??
Thank you

troubled

Re: Sorry maybe not helpfull for you

Post by troubled » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

denispearl wrote:Hi. Sorry for asking, but Ive got pretty same situation with divorce.
Juest wondering where should we apply for divorce and how whole procedure looks like?
Thank you
How long have you married? The marriage should be three years or more and one of you should be in UK for at least one year. You can get divorce through a lawyer or DIY stuff by applying through court on your own.I think the divorce fees to the court is £340 i.e decree nisi + decree absolute. How long will depend on the circumstances between you and your wife.It could be 3 months or more.

denispearl

Re: Sorry maybe not helpfull for you

Post by denispearl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm

troubled wrote:
denispearl wrote:Hi. Sorry for asking, but Ive got pretty same situation with divorce.
Thank you
How long have you married? The marriage should be three years or more and one of you should be in UK for at least one year. You can get divorce through a lawyer or DIY stuff by applying through court on your own.I think the divorce fees to the court is £340 i.e decree nisi + decree absolute. How long will depend on the circumstances between you and your wife.It could be 3 months or more.
4 years in march and we lived in the UK for 4 years (will be in July).
Could we have a divorce between Polish and Belarussian couple in the UK?
Would it be same cost?
Thanks