ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL THOSE IN QUEUE AT BHC CHENNAI - PLS POST HERE !!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vidya

ALL THOSE IN QUEUE AT BHC CHENNAI - PLS POST HERE !!!!!

Post by vidya » Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm

visa type : tier 1 dependent for my newborn
application date : 11th may 2010
current status : under process at BHC chennai

i called vfs as BHC doesnt seem to pick calls anymore and they likely waiting time is 4 weeks

please can all those recently applied at BHC chennai post here ...it willbe very very helpful

abhin

Post by abhin » Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello,
i applied for dependent visa for my husband on 10th May from VFS Cochin, but the papers go to chennai BHC. So i am also in the same boat.
What i thought before was dependent visa doesnt take much time.
Even I am tensed.

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm

hi abhin

thanks for the reply ...hope all others waiting also reply so we get an idea of current timelines

i guess the average is 20 working days now ...heard that BHC chennai on leave this friday and monday for queens bday :(

:idea:

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:04 am

It can take 15 working days to 60 also.

Just sit down and relax!

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am

Any updates for any one...now that BHC Chennai will be closed this friday and monday!
Everything comes to an end eventully...

s19779

Post by s19779 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi All,
there is no use in calling BHC as I tried calling for 2 weeks and nobody picked up the call and even worse they cut the call sometimes.
VFS will not comment on anything except they say that it will take atleast 4 weeks for processing under new rule.

Anyways I got my dependent visa after 3.5 weeks and it was gruesome waiting for the result as the website was also not updated with anything except that it was forwarded to BHC.

So, you got to find something to concentrate and turn your mind away from this and it will happen when the time comes. :)

Getting Tier 1 is one hurdle and then Planning for accomodation and paying for it, job hunt, transportation expence, food & food expence , etc are the next nightmares and these are bigger hurdles that Tier1 itself....especially job hunting!!! :evil:

So all the best for you all..............and wish you a properous UK life!!!
Plan well and execute your steps!!

Regards

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm

adityak77 wrote:It can take 15 working days to 60 also.

Just sit down and relax!

aditya , yes am aware that sometimes it takes even 60 working days , but mostly thats for settlement visas and non settlement shudnt take that long i guess

they keep changing the processing times all the time , hence i thought this thread wud be useful ...and even otherwise its gruelling to wait and it can be a relief to communicate with other ppl in the same queue

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu May 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Daslimy1 wrote:Any updates for any one...now that BHC Chennai will be closed this friday and monday!

hey daslimy !! remember me from the dec 2008 ec applicants thread ? :)

applying for dependant visa ?

i came here for delivery and now applying for babys visa

vfs is not closed both the days i think monday theyre open ....no online update for me today

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu May 27, 2010 1:34 pm

s19779 wrote:Hi All,
there is no use in calling BHC as I tried calling for 2 weeks and nobody picked up the call and even worse they cut the call sometimes.
VFS will not comment on anything except they say that it will take atleast 4 weeks for processing under new rule.

Anyways I got my dependent visa after 3.5 weeks and it was gruesome waiting for the result as the website was also not updated with anything except that it was forwarded to BHC.

So, you got to find something to concentrate and turn your mind away from this and it will happen when the time comes. :)

Getting Tier 1 is one hurdle and then Planning for accomodation and paying for it, job hunt, transportation expence, food & food expence , etc are the next nightmares and these are bigger hurdles that Tier1 itself....especially job hunting!!! :evil:

Regards

hi s1 , thanks for the info ....am anxious as tickets are rebooked for the second or third time now and its costing each time a lot ...and that too the tension of VISA REJECTION :shock:

s19779

Post by s19779 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:47 pm

vidya wrote:
s19779 wrote:Hi All,

Regards

hi s1 , thanks for the info ....am anxious as tickets are rebooked for the second or third time now and its costing each time a lot ...and that too the tension of VISA REJECTION :shock:

My visa got rejected last year and I re-applied after waiting for 1 more year to correct my eligibility criterion and this year I got it and my dependent too was successful last week.

So you got to wait......patiently :evil: which I hate but no other choice!!
Do not worry, you will get it!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:14 am

also its interesting to note that a large volume of applications are received daily by VFS for BHC to process, Not just Tier-1. Its a visitor/student rush as well.

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:21 am

Appln Date : 17th May
Place : Bangalore
Today 28th : Status Appln send to BHC...
SO still waiting for In process status

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

hi cochin

i guess it doesnt take 10 days to get into process after reaching bhc ...probably VFS hasnt smsed u the latest status ...can u check online and see what it says.

vfs also took rs100 from me for sms alerts but i didnt get even a single one ....they sent me an email to say fwded to bhc ...then i started checking online status which changed to in process within 5 days

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I am checking online at the VFS line tracking status.. It should be same as the sms right??? I didnt opt for sms .. 100 rs is too high just for 2 sms.... or max 3...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:38 am

I applied on 10th May VFS Mumbai. Still "under process"

In no great hurry at all.
What I would advice ppl is just chill and keep your mind diverted to diff things, rather than wait for visas.

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 am

thanks sush, i already had checked that link and it says acc to feb 2010 data that 96% of tier 1 visas were processed in 10 wk days and85% of other non settlement visas ( tier 1 dependant ?) in 10 wk days ....so guess the time is more now in may they say peak season for student and visitor visas :cry:

phani123
Newly Registered

tier1 wait

Post by phani123 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:44 am

Hi all.....I am waiting on my tier-1 too

submission date: 12 may 2010
BHC chennai started processing on 17 may 2010
Status still shows under processing....

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon May 31, 2010 11:08 am

phani , all the best - only urs or dependant visa as well

any updates for anyone today ...was hoping since VFS is working today that we mite see online update tho BHC closed since friday .....

but no luck so far ...really praying that i get it this week ....3 weeks over as of today and 15 working days gets over wednesday ( due to 2 days holiday)....

am i right in assessing that BHC chennai is still processing april last week applications rite now ?

phani123
Newly Registered

Post by phani123 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi vidya....Its only mine alone. I am not married.

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:22 am

anyone got any update today?

vfs still says 4 weeks for tier 1 /dependant ..im into my 4th week now

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 am

Hi,
My wife applied for a tier 2 dependant on 20th May and the status is still with status "application under process". My friend's wife had applied in Apr and got it within 5 days. Thought this was the ave processing time... but doesnt look like. Cant wait for the status to change.

abhin

Post by abhin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 pm

hi vidhya,
i sent a mail to helpdesk with the application reference number.
they replied that the processing is still going on and not to worry. Try sending them a mail.I took the email id from vfs website.
Even i entered the fourth week. I have applied a day before you on 10th May.
I applied for my Tier 1 general in April and got it in 12 working days. so i was expecting dependent visa much before that time.
Hope we get it this week and keeping fingers crossed for the visa to be stamped in it.

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 pm

hi abhin , guess u emailed VFS and not BHC right ?

ihave BHCs email id as well , but they sent an auto response that they will reply only if its more than one month since we applied.

2 years back when i got my tier 1 , bhc chennai used to even answer telephone calls and inform us till which week applications they had completed , how many more days exactly ( eg - u will get it by this friday etc) but nowdays they dont answer the calls and all info is via VFS who really just look at the same online tracking that we do.

guess we wud have been luckier with timelines in april , happens to me everytime :roll:

lets hope we get it this week with visa stamped !!!

tier1uk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1uk » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 pm

vidya wrote:anyone got any update today?

vfs still says 4 weeks for tier 1 /dependant ..im into my 4th week now
Hi Vidya,

Even am still waiting for updated status, my details as below:
application date: 7-05-10.

will update once there are any changes in status.

Please post if there are any changes that occured