ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for Name change for dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

onlyuk

Query for Name change for dependant

Post by onlyuk » Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 am

Hi All,

I have got my Tier 1 and applying for the Dependant visa for my wife.

My query is that, In my marriage certificate I have my Last name with wife's first name. The same i have filled in the form as well while applying for my tier 1. But in my wife's passport i have her last name with her first name and my name as husband's name is also not there. Basically i didn't get her passport change after marriage.

Now while applying for dependant, what should i be doing. Should i get my wife's passport change with my last name and husband name entered. ( this will be time taking and a lot of pain)

Or there is any other way out for this ?

What should i fill for Wife applications's Family Name ( Ideally should be same as in Passport which is in my Wife's passport.)
What should i fill for Wife application's Other names ( If i give name with my last name as in Marriage certificate in this, then it's kinda contradictory as i am giving name with my last name in other names here but gave it as main name in my application)

Please help me with this and share your experiences as lot of people might have faced this issue. Seniors your experience will be very helpful in this case.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Query for Name change for dependant

Post by dima » Thu May 27, 2010 9:50 am

onlyuk wrote:Hi All,

I have got my Tier 1 and applying for the Dependant visa for my wife.

My query is that, In my marriage certificate I have my Last name with wife's first name. The same i have filled in the form as well while applying for my tier 1. But in my wife's passport i have her last name with her first name and my name as husband's name is also not there. Basically i didn't get her passport change after marriage.

Now while applying for dependant, what should i be doing. Should i get my wife's passport change with my last name and husband name entered. ( this will be time taking and a lot of pain)

Or there is any other way out for this ?

What should i fill for Wife applications's Family Name ( Ideally should be same as in Passport which is in my Wife's passport.)
What should i fill for Wife application's Other names ( If i give name with my last name as in Marriage certificate in this, then it's kinda contradictory as i am giving name with my last name in other names here but gave it as main name in my application)

Please help me with this and share your experiences as lot of people might have faced this issue. Seniors your experience will be very helpful in this case.
If her married name is her current Official name, then you have use her married name in all the applications.Also,you can make an affidavit about the name change and if time permits you can include your name in her passport too.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Thu May 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Her married name is not the official name but i have used her married name while applying for my tier1 as i have married name in marriage certificate. But her passport has the unmarried details. So that is the problem. So i m just thinking what to do for dependant visa.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Using a name different from one under which the passport is issued will require you to provide evidence of name change (e.g. - marriage certificate, affidavit etc.).

There is no requirement of spouse's name to be included in the passport.

regards

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Thu May 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Well i have the marriage certificate and it has the married name. What kind of affidavit i 'll need to provide. Do case workers consider the affidavit which i can get created on 20 or 50 Rs stamp paper. or is it some other type of affidavit.

Also does anyone have the format of such affidavit which anyone might have used in his case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu May 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Marriage certi and affidavit(Normal ones in 20/50 stamp paper) will go fine.There is no harm whatsoever in producing both marriage certi and affidavit( for the name change) together.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....