ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa - which form?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lizziet

Fiance visa - which form?

Post by lizziet » Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi
I've just been trying to work out what we need to do - my boyfriend needs to apply from his country in south america for a fiance visa to marry me in the UK (I'm British).
Please can someone tell me which form he needs to complete in Chile and which form I need to complete in UK? I've looked at the Border Agency website but still not sure!
Thanks v much

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 28, 2010 3:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Fri May 28, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks very much.

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Fri May 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi, sorry if I'm being a bit thick but still not sure which form - is is the marriage visitor form or the settlement form?
Thanks

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 pm

lizziet wrote:Hi, sorry if I'm being a bit thick but still not sure which form - is is the marriage visitor form or the settlement form?
Thanks
where are planning to live after you get married? if it's the UK then you need to use the settlement form (the expensive one!).

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Sat May 29, 2010 10:52 am

djb123 wrote: where are planning to live after you get married? if it's the UK then you need to use the settlement form (the expensive one!).
We would be living in the UK so it's the settlement form then - thanks v much!