ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Vs GERMANY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

s19779

UK Vs GERMANY

Post by s19779 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Hello Everyone I have Tier1 visa for the UK and not moved in yet. Got this question when I was almost frustrated with job search in the UK, sitting in my home country.

Will Germany be a better place than UK in terms of :
1) Finding jobs
2) Employment offer process(If I apply from India/Uk)
3) Cost of living
4) Good life (I mean entertainment, stress free office environment, safe for immigrant, etc, etc.)

Looking forward for your interesting experiences.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Vs GERMANY

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm

s19779 wrote:Hello Everyone I have Tier1 visa for the UK and not moved in yet. Got this question when I was almost frustrated with job search in the UK, sitting in my home country.

Will Germany be a better place than UK in terms of :
1) Finding jobs
2) Employment offer process(If I apply from India/Uk)
3) Cost of living
4) Good life (I mean entertainment, stress free office environment, safe for immigrant, etc, etc.)

Looking forward for your interesting experiences.

Regards
1. Same as UK

2. harder, separate WP Process

3. Lower, but Taxes lot higher, if a single man u'll be lucky to see more that 50% net to gross...

4. I love Die Heimat, but Germany is like UK, the German race is as the English, even Hitler thought so. I've seen a lot of beloved in Germany so beware, it's normal there, for example they have a chocolate called 'negerkussen; ie negro's kiss, and it's ok! my gf when she was there had a friend from Mali, all her mates called him 'Der Affe' ie 'The Monkey' so much as I love it there, PC it is not so u need a much thicker skin than in UK.

German culture is to me very much like UK in seventies, ie office is 9-5 no exceptions, lunch hour is lunch hour no moving it....

But there is none of this UK/US thing we have now where ur weekend is ruined by work, weekend is shutdown in Germany, not so much saturday, but Sunday 'alles geschlossen' - ie all is closed, nothing is open...

Like I said I like it but only cos I want the seventies back!

Mulletts are still cool in DE....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s19779

Post by s19779 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm

I get the picture...........
I am aware of the beloved dwelling there still very adament to leave but are there any dangerous dearly beloved acts which threatens life?

I am low dweller, so will not be partying or mingling much with the people. Basically my social life is within my home or house or the place i stay.

And since the taxes are so high can we bargain for more salary than that of in UK for the same position? For example, if in UK we are eligible for 35k to 40k pounds PA can we ask for 50k to 55k pounds (I know it is euros, just for an example) in germany?

And more thing, the process of getting a work visa or resident permit is lengthy one and tiresome, but will it be worth it in terms of employment, career (I am aero engine design engineer), money, etc?

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 27, 2010 4:36 pm

s19779 wrote:I get the picture...........
I am aware of the beloved dwelling there still very adament to leave but are there any dangerous dearly beloved acts which threatens life?

I am low dweller, so will not be partying or mingling much with the people. Basically my social life is within my home or house or the place i stay.

And since the taxes are so high can we bargain for more salary than that of in UK for the same position? For example, if in UK we are eligible for 35k to 40k pounds PA can we ask for 50k to 55k pounds (I know it is euros, just for an example) in germany?

And more thing, the process of getting a work visa or resident permit is lengthy one and tiresome, but will it be worth it in terms of employment, career (I am aero engine design engineer), money, etc?

Regards
No - salaries are generally same or lower.

Seems to me Arabs or Turks are persona non-grata, so I dunno really...

WP is hard, but possible, see vivek taylor in EEA forum..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s19779

Post by s19779 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks pal.