ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new changes to tier 1 on the horizon??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arsenal49
Diamond Member

new changes to tier 1 on the horizon??

Post by arsenal49 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Hello everyone,

i heard about possible changes to tier 1 system in near future from one of the senior member over here in another thread. i know it takes considerable time to be passed as a law but any idea when those changes might come into force. maybe those who followed previous changes could speak from experience here!

thanks

hsmp_apr2010

Re: new changes to tier 1 on the horizon??

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 pm

arsenal49 wrote:Hello everyone,

i heard about possible changes to tier 1 system in near future from one of the senior member over here in another thread. i know it takes considerable time to be passed as a law but any idea when those changes might come into force. maybe those who followed previous changes could speak from experience here!

thanks
Hi,
What changes to Tier 1 do you anticipate. Can you please post the source you got this information...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Source of the rumour please!

Surprising how people start hearing about these changes, well before the govt. agencies start planning them / announce them. Or is it fear amongst potential applicants (e.g. - the Tier 1 (PSW) community) that's driving this speculation, or should I say, rumour-mongering?

A similar case.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Please note that such posts do no good - other than creating panic amongst the potential applicants who are preparing their applications or are planning to apply in the near future.

regards

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri May 28, 2010 8:52 pm

IMO, speculating the strategy to be used by the Ukba needs future Vision and can't be done by everyone in the forum. However, I appreciate the ones who wants speculate the further moves of the Ukba. It may help the future applicants to prepare self for any kind of shocks.I have seen the so called rumors at times proved to be the true changes in the immi policy( ex : bringing Back the bachelor degree was speculated way Back in dec 2009 & finally it came into effect since this April).
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 pm

dima wrote:( ex : bringing Back the bachelor degree was speculated way Back in dec 2009 & finally it came into effect since this April).
It wasn't a rumour since "way back in Dec '09", but one of the several recommendations from MAC in their report "Meeting the needs of the UK economy through selective high-skilled immigration" (released 04-Dec-09) that were accepted by the govt. and implemented through changes effective 06-Apr-10.

It is quite possible that you weren't aware of the MAC report and, perhaps, speculated up until Apr-10 that it was just a rumour that came true!

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat May 29, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri May 28, 2010 10:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
dima wrote:( ex : bringing Back the bachelor degree was speculated way Back in dec 2009 & finally it came into effect since this April).
It wasn't a rumour since "way back in Dec '09", but one of the several recommendations from MAC in their report "Meeting the needs of the UK economy through selective high-skilled immigration" (released 04-Dec-09) that were accepted by the govt. and implemented through changes effective 06-Apr-10.

It is quite possible that you weren't aware of the MAC report and, perhaps, speculated up until Apr-10 that it was just a rumour that came true!

regards
We all are aware Govt accepted MAC recomendation in feb 2010 and changes came into effect from april 2010, It was again speculated whether UK govt will accept MAC recomendation or not so, then it was indeed a speculation(vision!! ) for everyone till feb 2010 ...
:P
Last edited by dima on Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 29, 2010 12:58 pm

You're missing the point!

There's a difference between a rumour and published information. Likewise, there's a difference between speculation over published recommendation(s) by a committee instituted by the govt. to advise it on immigration matters and speculation over gossip / hearsay.

Gossip / hearsay, or speculation over it, has no place for encouragement or debate in this forum.

Feel free to contribute your thoughts (vision) on how to better manage the Tier 1 system in this topic and your speculation (vision) about strategy on migration in any of the several topics being discussed here.

regards