ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Polish workers in UK, why Agencies tread us the same?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rene
Newly Registered

Polish workers in UK, why Agencies tread us the same?

Post by rene » Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi All !

Can somebody explain me why as Polish i can not find any ambitious job in Birmingham? I am fast learn, have experience and lots of creative things on my account. I'm alos starting my HND in Graphic Design this year and i can not find anything exept silly warehouse/assembly jobs !

I am really sick of working with people who's IQ is below average and when i say (nicely) what i'm thinking I GOT LEBEL "bad attitude"!

I know that lots of Polish working below their qualification and they not happy to work for minimum wage, so am i ! I am really tryin hard finding right job,sending CV to employers,adverts and Agancies. Is not that i'm not know where, i know perfectly who and where looking for new employees and is bit sad that just without being British i can not have even chance to get office job as stupid data entry position.

If someone read that post, i can tell you i never been worked in so many places as before i came to Birmingham. LOL i need to establish own forum about jobs i had been. People there looks and behave as from prison, only few individuals beign nice to me and use words such "thank you" and "please". Twice happen than i got jobs in the office, BUT it was't exactly office jobs, instead using Photoshop i sorting and booking dirty parcels and packages from couriers. And the other job i got to sorting files,where "A" to "Z" was't been sort correctly.

I tell you, i'm not gave up untill i will get something suit to me. I think even 250 ponds per week is perfectly satisfi me, but i don't got any job yet which pays me that money. Could get TAX Credit but temp work discualified me from on-going weekly money.

I am happy to discuss about Polish people (can't say about all of us, but i'll try about most) What is the problem with Polish people, if we are only not even 3% of UK population,and most going back home anyway after wile??We should become Muslim get little RESPECT?

* We pay rents,bills and only few knows about benefits,TAX credits and any support money
*We working in places where British refusing to work or just quiting after while "because is too hard"
*Most have Degree or finished University

And i'm never seen any problem with Muslim which has nearly 40% people in UK.

Just want remind that some of us have ambitions and likely have jobs ( or chance to got) adequate to qualification and not being treated as "meat" for low level work.

Thank you for reading.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sat May 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Most Brits I know have no problem with any foreigners whatsoever. However from this short post of yours I can see that you are pretentious, xenophobic, with flawed English and certainly a very bad attitude - so no real surprise that nobody wants to hire you!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Sorry Rene but going just by your post -
1. Your English is not good
2. Sentence construction and use of tense is bad
3. Incorrect assumptions in general.
4. No wonder noone wants to hear your ideas. You must be confusing them to death and blabbering irrelevant things at inappropriate times!!!

Believe me, in this scenario you having a job itself is great. I know many more out there - both better at English and with some sense - that are jobless now so quit grumbling. Just to highlight a good one from your post -
I think even 250 ponds per week is perfectly satisfi me
Lucky you that AGANCIES are not LEBELLING you otherwise so put up or pack up!!! :roll:

KP

rene
Newly Registered

@kenfrapin

Post by rene » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 pm

@kenfrapin how many languages do you know perfect except eng

ups :shock: never had english in school,so gramatically sometimes is poor. Just wonder can you read with understanding? I ask a question about skills and experiences.TI been living in Ireland before and there is way better , people are more friendly and open .

troubled

Re: Polish workers in UK, why Agencies tread us the same?

Post by troubled » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:41 pm

rene wrote:Hi All !

Can somebody explain me why as Polish i can not find any ambitious job in Birmingham? I am fast learn, have experience and lots of creative things on my account. I'm alos starting my HND in Graphic Design this year and i can not find anything exept silly warehouse/assembly jobs !

I am really sick of working with people who's IQ is below average and when i say (nicely) what i'm thinking I GOT LEBEL "bad attitude"!

I know that lots of Polish working below their qualification and they not happy to work for minimum wage, so am i ! I am really tryin hard finding right job,sending CV to employers,adverts and Agancies. Is not that i'm not know where, i know perfectly who and where looking for new employees and is bit sad that just without being British i can not have even chance to get office job as stupid data entry position.

If someone read that post, i can tell you i never been worked in so many places as before i came to Birmingham. LOL i need to establish own forum about jobs i had been. People there looks and behave as from prison, only few individuals beign nice to me and use words such "thank you" and "please". Twice happen than i got jobs in the office, BUT it was't exactly office jobs, instead using Photoshop i sorting and booking dirty parcels and packages from couriers. And the other job i got to sorting files,where "A" to "Z" was't been sort correctly.

I tell you, i'm not gave up untill i will get something suit to me. I think even 250 ponds per week is perfectly satisfi me, but i don't got any job yet which pays me that money. Could get TAX Credit but temp work discualified me from on-going weekly money.

I am happy to discuss about Polish people (can't say about all of us, but i'll try about most) What is the problem with Polish people, if we are only not even 3% of UK population,and most going back home anyway after wile??We should become Muslim get little RESPECT?

* We pay rents,bills and only few knows about benefits,TAX credits and any support money
*We working in places where British refusing to work or just quiting after while "because is too hard"

Just want remind that some of us have ambitions and likely have jobs ( or chance to got) adequate to qualification and not being treated as "meat" for low level work.

Thank you for reading.
You sound so grumpy ,why this kind of frustration? Let me tell you most us have got university degree, even masters and P.hd and still out of job.The present economic conditions make things difficult for everyone so take your frustration out from this forum.With this kind of attitude there is no doubt you end up in "warehouse". You have to be more polite and ask sensible questions.

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:47 am

OP,

What does being Polish have to do with it?

You may be surprised, but things are tough on a lot of people, you're not alone there. Many of us find ourselves out of decent employment too. I will assume that most of your rant is due to frustration and not some ingrained prejudices and controversial stereotyping.

Rather than descending into bitterness, continue to apply for jobs that you want and work on improving your shortcomings.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 am

Good long rant on your sad state of life – Nice release.

Most immigrants work harder than locals to make it for themselves, reason is THIS IS ENGLAND! (True for everyone, polish, Indians, Africans ... )

You might know 10 languages, but good English communication will go long way in getting you out of the warehouse.

Ambitious jobs are less in number with recession and more competition. (Say not only locals but ever increasing immigrants with good qualifications like you, flooding the country increase the competition)

Great that you pay rent and tax ... FYI, immigrants who are not from EU, Don’t get any access to public funds ... a situation bit worse than yours. (No public funds = no benefits)

And coming to last bit ... Muslims do face a similar issue here and there, that’s called life in today’s times. Deal with it or with great qualifications, get some good work in Poland and be happy.
There is nothing to gain if you are frustrated in a high paying country, doing warehouse work.

P.S: Muslims are NOT 40% but 2.7% according to last census. :twisted:

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:29 am

How about stopping these rants and learning the language which is spoken and understood in the UK mate? :)
If you think people of Ireland are more friendly than the people in UK, how about going back there? Isn't it your personal choice to live here? And if it is your personal choice, what are you ranting about?
If you think that you have the skills, you should have landed up where you wanted to be. If you din't end up where you wanted to be, then don't you think it's time to do a fresh introspection about where you stand and what you need to pick up on rather than cribbing here?! :)

Idea

Post by Idea » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 pm

OP

your claims are rubbish. there are 2 poles working in my department. in a recent downsizing a scot working in a similar role had to leave

there is no bias - only the market is bad and makes people find some excuses and someone to blame...a local who is affected might think immigrants are the reason for his plight..

rene
Newly Registered

yes i am frusciated

Post by rene » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

as i never had problem with any agencies/employers before i came to Birmingham, even in Leeds situation is better.My parter won't live anywhere but Leeds.

Maybe some judge me as i have bad attitude, but believe me you not want work with people which i had been working with. And is not a problem to get a job, go to at least 5 agencies and you will get call back withing 5 days.

Just stay in one place for at least a week :]

I'm going to study and than will back home so its kind a choice but education here is more specify in one direction so i choose stay here.

I like to listen opinion who working within warehouse and assembly - go ahead ... :D

rene
Newly Registered

yes i am frusciated

Post by rene » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 pm

as i never had problem with any agencies/employers before i came to Birmingham, even in Leeds situation is better.My parter won't live anywhere but Leeds.

Maybe some judge me as i have bad attitude, but believe me you not want work with people which i had been working with. And is not a problem to get a job, go to at least 5 agencies and you will get call back withing 5 days.

Just stay in one place for at least a week :]

@Idea - so you lucky couse i really dont know many with great postion.

I'm going to study and than will back home so its kind a choice but education here is more specify in one direction so i choose stay here.

I like to listen opinion who working within warehouse and assembly( with Degree or MA) - go ahead ... Is ANYONE??

And more sources about population
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 621482.ece

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Quite a few degree and postgraduate degree holders have posted on this forum about doing security guarding and taxi driving.

There is a recession on. Change agencies to one that doesn't do warehouse jobs and manufacturing could be a good start.

I know Polish people with degrees working in their field, but they moved to the UK a few years ago.

See the following articles about graduate unemployment

http://www.nursingtimes.net/graduate-un ... 18.article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 716497.ece

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:24 pm

I am sorry :oops:
Last edited by Blackwater1 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:24 pm

"Blackwater1" - you got issues mate? you on pills offlate? Respect. :evil:

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 pm

making intentional grammer mistakes
Grammar isn't it? Intentional Spelling mistake?

:D

Shepherd

rene
Newly Registered

Post by rene » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 pm

PaperPusher have i wrote anywere than i know only that kind of agencies? I did't said i know only manufactoring and industrial agencies (look below, in but when i send my CV or been in person and when lady see our (me and my partner) names on (this happen in Solihull) straight away refuse it , before this she was fine to speaking with us.

AND OMG "Quite a few degree and postgraduate degree holders have posted on this forum about doing security guarding and taxi driving. " That you call a hard work? LOL i got SIA soon and so what, will be got 6ph and do nothing.

And above i'd ask if anyone with degree and MA working withing factory or warehouse ( I MEAN CLEARLY LOW POSITION). I love to hear opinion about that kind of job.

Oh and if i sending average 15 emails with CV nearly each week i really will be happy if i got just half kind replies (even if not sucessfull).

http://www.agencycentral.co.uk/agencyse ... ingham.htm

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 pm

And to think they make it harder for non-EU immigrants to come here...
:roll:

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 pm

So you have a CV with only your name on the front page? And of course you have a British accent, so the lady at the agency was dearly beloved and rejected your CV because of your name, because she really couldn't be aware of your non UK origins by talking to you.

Are you here for job hunting tips or to have a rant?

By the way, I do not work in manufacturing.

In the UK employers do not always respond to unsuccessful applicants, particularly in a recession when they get hundreds of applicants for each position.

Maybe you are actually currently in the job that best suits your talents.

rene
Newly Registered

Post by rene » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:17 am

PaperPusher wrote:So you have a CV with only your name on the front page? And of course you have a British accent, so the lady at the agency was dearly beloved and rejected your CV because of your name, because she really couldn't be aware of your non UK origins by talking to you.

Are you here for job hunting tips or to have a rant?

By the way, I do not work in manufacturing.

In the UK employers do not always respond to unsuccessful applicants, particularly in a recession when they get hundreds of applicants for each position.

Maybe you are actually currently in the job that best suits your talents.
Why discussion going only about me? I mean most Polish people are in the same situations. PaperPusher are you still dont get it? I ask someone for opinion who working within low level work with higher qualification , i guess no-one is here !!!

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 am

rene wrote: Why discussion going only about me? I mean most Polish people are in the same situations. PaperPusher are you still dont get it? I ask someone for opinion who working within low level work with higher qualification , i guess no-one is here !!!
Most polish people I know are doing really good and have opened their own businesses, be it Cleaning, Hospitality or whatever and in turn they have generated a lot of employment. So aren't observations relative?

How would one define a higher qualification? A qualification considered very high in Poland or France or for that matter any other country might be considered low in the UK. The point here is about the qualification required in the local market !!

And no, I don't think people here have anything against you as a person, just that they perceive your posts as a rant. :) And honestly, I personally don't understand your exact point so if I could ask you, can you please explain the issue you were trying to put forth so we can all have a meaningful discussion? :)

FC

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:04 pm

rene wrote: Why discussion going only about me? I mean most Polish people are in the same situations. PaperPusher are you still dont get it? I ask someone for opinion who working within low level work with higher qualification , i guess no-one is here !!!
I think what you are missing Rene is that you are NOT qualified for the jobs you think you should be given but believe you are far superior and only being discriminated against by doing a so called low end job.

Note that I have known many Poles - many are brilliant, my family knew a lot while in the Middle East and they were ingenious Architects, tremendously paid for their exceptional skills and very lovely people. Same goes for the UK as well where you have your smart, average and dumb personalities - it's the same for any ethnicity and not limited to just people from Poland - so you need to get your head straight here.

In the end, only those who have the right skills and attitude will do well, irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds. The rest will struggle and have to work very hard and fight for survival - that's all there is to it. You just think you are far superior than what people make of you and dont accept that you AINT that great. Work a little more, improve yourself and you will do good.

KP

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: Polish workers in UK, why Agencies tread us the same?

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:20 pm

rene wrote:Hi All !

Thank you for reading.
Reading through your post and your cheap complaints, the only thing that I want to ask you is 'which village you are from?'.

I couldn't care less about your sad pathetic mind but what I do like to know from you is what do Muslims have to do with your sad consfused life ?

Your post clearly shows you are one of those Poles who suffer from superiority complex believing they are somehow superior to other nations specially their Eastern European neighbours, jews and recently Muslims. This is not true in all cases because when it comes to Western countries specially the US, then you suffer from inferiority complex. In the process doing nothing but proving themselves what they are...DUMB.

No need to blame other nationalities either. While you can just buy a Low Cost Airline ticket and move your a-ss to UK, non-EUs have to go through a lenghty expensive process of getting a visa before they can even get to UK i.e. they have to prove their worth before they are let in. You shouldn't be surprised then if they have comfortable well paid jobs and you can only dig roads. Besides, as one of the other posters mentioned, they are not entitled to benefits so if you want to blame someone for benefit and tax fraud, start with yourself.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Rene love,
We have a cleaner in our office,she is from your village only.She gets 750 GBP in a month but has a million dollar smile
What a beauty :oops:

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 pm

I found this thread very interesting.

I think that there are few things missing from this interesting discussion.

1 - Unemployment in Birmingham is very high
2 - Education and experience gained in Poland is seemed lower than UK
3 - This recession has affected more white collar class so there are many UK nationals in the market with UK degrees and experiences (Who can speak and write English very fluently).

British jobs for British people! (When thousands of unemployed British workers who have UK degrees and experiences are available, why should employers hire EU/Non EU staff?).

My GP is from Poland. Once I had this discussion with her that why Polish people are (mostly) in lower level jobs. She said that UK does not has attraction for highly skilled people from Poland as professhionals like doctors, accountants etc are earning very good money in Poland and are always in demand. Mostly people who can not find the well paid jobs in Poland because of lower skills and education come to UK.

Discussion about Muslims or non Muslims are not relevant here. 40% Muslim population in UK is joke and I advice you to not express these opinions in interviews otherwise you will never get the job. Another advice is to not comare Non EU immigrants with EU immigrants. Reason: If you see old non EU immigrants who came here about 20/30 years ago they are very well settled here with their own business and house and if you look new non EU immigrants than you will clearly find two categories -1 Workpermit holders - examples are Doctors, nurses, bankers and top consultants etc. 2 Tier 1 holders - If you look the level of English, qualification, experience and earnings quired to get this visa you will find that these are very very highly skilled people so no surpurise if they get well paid jobs.

rene
Newly Registered

Post by rene » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:17 pm

*FC* wrote:
Most polish people I know are doing really good and have opened their own businesses, be it Cleaning, Hospitality or whatever and in turn they have generated a lot of employment. So aren't observations relative?

How would one define a higher qualification? A qualification considered very high in Poland or France or for that matter any other country might be considered low in the UK. The point here is about the qualification required in the local market !!

And no, I don't think people here have anything against you as a person, just that they perceive your posts as a rant. :) And honestly, I personally don't understand your exact point so if I could ask you, can you please explain the issue you were trying to put forth so we can all have a meaningful discussion? :)

FC

Thats why me and my partner working on own business, but even here business advisors making problems, as we already have business plan but they won't help us with financial side of the plan. Totaly ignoring our phone calls! Do you know is hard when you working full-time not sit all day on forum?