ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK - EEA2 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChIrl

UK - EEA2 application

Post by ChIrl » Sun May 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Does anyone have an idea about how long does it take to get approval for EEA2 application in UK for spouces (Non-EU) of Irish citizens? Does Ireland have special agreement with UK?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 am

Six months. No special treatment for family members of Irish citizens, as this would be discriminatory against family members of citizens of other EU Member States.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon May 31, 2010 12:06 pm

But, I see that some people got the approval within 5 weeks. How is that possible?
Ben wrote:Six months. No special treatment for family members of Irish citizens, as this would be discriminatory against family members of citizens of other EU Member States.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Because straightforward applications shouldn't require the full six months permissible processing time and the UKBA are improving.
ChIrl wrote:But, I see that some people got the approval within 5 weeks. How is that possible?
Ben wrote:Six months. No special treatment for family members of Irish citizens, as this would be discriminatory against family members of citizens of other EU Member States.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon May 31, 2010 12:25 pm

That's great. Final question? Can my wife qualify as a straightforward case or what determines to be straightforward case? What additional documents required?

Myself and my wife living together in Ireland for the last 6 years. We have all the necessary paper work to prove that. My wife also granted UK visa (5 years visit visa) + EEA family permit granted very quickly in the past.

Thanks once again,
Ben wrote:Because straightforward applications shouldn't require the full six months permissible processing time and the UKBA are improving.
ChIrl wrote:But, I see that some people got the approval within 5 weeks. How is that possible?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon May 31, 2010 12:34 pm

These questions would be best asked in the UK EEA-route Applications section.

Your wife is the spouse of an Irish national and is a "family member" (§ 2(2)), as opposed to a "beneficiary" (§ 3(2)).

As long as you are resident in the UK in conformity with the provisions of the Directive and of the national transposition, at the time and for the duration of the application, I would suggest that the application would be considered straightforward.

In any case, the Residence Card must be issued within six months. Important to remember that your wife's right to reside (and to study or work) is effective immediately. The issuance or even application of a Residence Card has no effect on this.
ChIrl wrote:That's great. Final question? Can my wife qualify as a straightforward case or what determines to be straightforward case? What additional documents required?

Myself and my wife living together in Ireland for the last 6 years. We have all the necessary paper work to prove that. My wife also granted UK visa (5 years visit visa) + EEA family permit granted very quickly in the past.

Thanks once again,
Ben wrote:Because straightforward applications shouldn't require the full six months permissible processing time and the UKBA are improving.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon May 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks Ben. Very much appreciated.

I agree that my wife's right to reside effective immediately. But,until such time she gets Residency, she may not be able to travel in and out of England freely. Planning to go on holidays during which time her EEA family permit expires.

As sugested, I will post a message in EEA route application forums.

Thanks once again.
Ben wrote:These questions would be best asked in the UK EEA-route Applications section.

Your wife is the spouse of an Irish national and is a "family member" (§ 2(2)), as opposed to a "beneficiary" (§ 3(2)).

As long as you are resident in the UK in conformity with the provisions of the Directive and of the national transposition, at the time and for the duration of the application, I would suggest that the application would be considered straightforward.

In any case, the Residence Card must be issued within six months. Important to remember that your wife's right to reside (and to study or work) is effective immediately. The issuance or even application of a Residence Card has no effect on this.
ChIrl wrote:That's great. Final question? Can my wife qualify as a straightforward case or what determines to be straightforward case? What additional documents required?

Thanks once again,