ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple entries and chest x-ray requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Multiple entries and chest x-ray requirements

Post by pyke » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:54 am

I'm on a Tier 1 General visa which allows multiple entries. On my initial entry, I was sent to Health Control at Heathrow where they did a checkup and x-ray - I had not brought one with me as it was a short one week trip for personal reasons but despite showing them my return ticket and hotel reservation for a week, they sent me to get an x-ray done.

I was assured that I would not require another x-ray on subsequent visits. I am worried that I might be sent to Health Control again on subsequent visits . Can someone please advise if I should carry another chest x-ray with me or if it is even required? If it makes a difference, the x-ray Health Control took on that initial entry is less than twelve months old.

Thank you.

troubled

Post by troubled » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

It happens to many people all the time especially if you come from a country where there is high risk of communicable diseases like tuberculosis. From your post I do not think you will be checked again since nothing serious was found.

pyke

Post by pyke » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 am

Thank you, I'd really rather not go through the hassle of another x-ray.

I was given the all clear at the time of screening and I'm not from one of the countries listed in the TB thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20