ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to tighten Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Haven't seen anyone highlighting the flaws in the system when they are in their home country preparing their PBS applications. But once they are in the UK, with visa in the passport and a job to go to, the flaws in the system become so apparent and difficult to bear! Right?

:lol: Love the attitude.

regards
lol... yeh to pounds ka kamaal hai... :D . it makes people a bit more selfish i guess!!!!!
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

layman

Post by layman » Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 pm

I believe survival of the fittest should apply. Caps are based on first come first serve passing the eligibility criteria, so not necessarily the most deserving would get through. It is not a method of selection, more of elimination - of the numbers, not the poor quality.

Better then to bring all of the eligible in and allow to compete fairly. More competition for the locals - yes, but UK government can't have the cake and eat it too(assuming the selections are not biased, which they can be and for understandable reasons). More competition for Tier 1 holders - same story as in their own country, so nothing new to be dissapointed about, apart from any shattered £ dreams. What say?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu May 27, 2010 10:30 am

Yes Indeed... Survival of the fittest is the final manthra for the immigrants.
...Be the best ( Also flexible 8) ) in one's work/job/attitude... No land can deny one of work... :D :P

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Dear Aliq

Before Nov 2006, there used to be points for expeirence in order to qualify for HSMP however UKBA changed that you know why? Because there was lots of abuse of the scheme as to gain points for experience one has to show just one experience letter.... so in order to stop abusing the system they removed the points for experience. It is easy for UKBA to assess the income as it is easily verifiable but experience is not easily verifiable

Regards

Rizwan

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu May 27, 2010 5:04 pm

They can have an assessing Body like 'ACS' as in Australia, which assess an applicants skills and certify the same.Was this the case with HSMP.. :? :roll:
Last edited by dima on Thu May 27, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu May 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Chill..We all need to understand that "world is flat" and just because u r born in a developed world,it shouldnt mean that you need not compete with some one from 'developing country'..
As far as HSMP for IT goes,my personal experience is that it is good for ppl. having 2-3 years of exp. as in india you dont get 'high' salary for this exp.However, as you cross 10 years exp. mark ,India would be a better option as salary are quite high in middle/top mgmt.This is only from finacial point of view.

prisat
Member of Standing

:(

Post by prisat » Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Haven't seen anyone highlighting the flaws in the system when they are in their home country preparing their PBS applications. But once they are in the UK, with visa in the passport and a job to go to, the flaws in the system become so apparent and difficult to bear! Right?

:lol: Love the attitude.

regards
EXACTLY !!!!! And people, remember - No Offense, Even if you take in the negative sense, Only becos of those people, the Best Ones can survive the worst too !!! Hope everybody understood what i meant...

I always say to people about this story !!!!!
Every morning in Africa, a deer wakes up.
It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest deer or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter if you are a Lion or a Deer. When the sun comes up you'd better be running..

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

ashishashah wrote:Chill..We all need to understand that "world is flat" and just because u r born in a developed world,it shouldnt mean that you need not compete with some one from 'developing country'..
As far as HSMP for IT goes,my personal experience is that it is good for ppl. having 2-3 years of exp. as in india you dont get 'high' salary for this exp.However, as you cross 10 years exp. mark ,India would be a better option as salary are quite high in middle/top mgmt.This is only from finacial point of view.
I Agree !!!

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm

I feel it plays out this way. No caps means lot of people will apply for say Tier - 1, we have lots of income flowing into the treasury which is good for any country. On the top of that half of the visa holders at least try to fly in search of job boosting the airline industry and stay put in any accommodation (read PG or hotel) , travel for jobs boost the hospitality and transport industries. Healthy competition helps to ensure the best people at reasonable wages.

Shepherd

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:I feel it plays out this way. No caps means lot of people will apply for say Tier - 1, we have lots of income flowing into the treasury which is good for any country. On the top of that half of the visa holders at least try to fly in search of job boosting the airline industry and stay put in any accommodation (read PG or hotel) , travel for jobs boost the hospitality and transport industries. Healthy competition helps to ensure the best people at reasonable wages.

Shepherd
Perfect !!!!!

skumar123a

Hi

Post by skumar123a » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:48 pm

HI everyone.....

I agree to some theories explained in this relay of posts. But scotlandindian said something about his friend. My friend who is a genius (I am damn sure about it) in Java, oracle did not get job in UK but my friend who is just an average programmer got a job. Everyone knows the reason why the later got the job. Because he is good at communication skills and the first has no presentation skills.
And Tier-I general visas are given to people who are skilled right. But UK government does not conduct interviews, i mean technical, to issue visas. Moreover we Indians put some kind of fake experience and ask for jobs. Still they get through the selection process, reason he is able to prove his fake experience. And government here makes rules liberal if tey need people and makes stringent rules if they need people. And if they are in short of skilled people, they even go for average candidates, because of skilled people shortage.
And if possible Mr. Scotlandindian dont degrade thevalue of friendship by taking it as an example for these kind of issues. If your friend reads this, he might not feel sad, but will sure feel insulted for degrading his value of friendship, even though u were making an example here and not hurting.

Sorry and thanks guys

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by dima » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

satishbellapu wrote:HI everyone.....

I agree to some theories explained in this relay of posts. But scotlandindian said something about his friend. My friend who is a genius (I am damn sure about it) in Java, oracle did not get job in UK but my friend who is just an average programmer got a job. Everyone knows the reason why the later got the job. Because he is good at communication skills and the first has no presentation skills.
Sorry and thanks guys
Yes!! Good communication skills and how you present your self at the discussions (of course along with your technical skills ) are the key factors whch makes the employer to zero in on you...

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Putting fake experience might be possible for IT and IT related jobs, but for other sectors like Mechanical, Process industries it could be easily found out as domain expertise and application of theory to the problem are investigated.

Shepherd

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:10 am

satishbellapu wrote:Moreover we Indians put some kind of fake experience and ask for jobs. Still they get through the selection process,
That's gross generalisation in my view and insulting for hard working Indians.

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 am

gotcha wrote:
satishbellapu wrote:Moreover we Indians put some kind of fake experience and ask for jobs. Still they get through the selection process,
That's gross generalisation in my view and insulting for hard working Indians.
I dont mean to insult Indians as I am an Indian as well. I am telling you the fact which happens in UK.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:51 am

satishbellapu wrote:I am telling you the fact which happens in UK.
This means, you either met all working Indians UK, and they said you so, or you are applying it to everybody, depending on your view.

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:59 pm

I would dispute below.. Satish you need to get your facts right.. Not every Indian here has fake experiance.. its because of fraction of people like you who morn on the public forums and give a bad name to Indians..

The fact is if you have confidence and you are right you can find right work.. i have seen people who were able to find jobs and infact good jobs because they did not do any thing wrong (in your words fake)..

satishbellapu wrote:HI everyone.....

And Tier-I general visas are given to people who are skilled right. But UK government does not conduct interviews, i mean technical, to issue visas. Moreover we Indians put some kind of fake experience and ask for jobs. Still they get through the selection process, reason he is able to prove his fake experience. And government here makes rules liberal if tey need people and makes stringent rules if they need people. And if they are in short of skilled people, they even go for average candidates, because of skilled people shortage.
And if possible Mr. Scotlandindian dont degrade thevalue of friendship by taking it as an example for these kind of issues. If your friend reads this, he might not feel sad, but will sure feel insulted for degrading his value of friendship, even though u were making an example here and not hurting.

Sorry and thanks guys

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Even I agree to all the britishers// BUT ONLY after I Reach UK and Get PR.. Once we get PR , we dont want much competition...

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:57 pm

well said cochi :lol: :lol: :lol:

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm

nksg wrote:I would dispute below.. Satish you need to get your facts right.. Not every Indian here has fake experiance.. its because of fraction of people like you who morn on the public forums and give a bad name to Indians..

The fact is if you have confidence and you are right you can find right work.. i have seen people who were able to find jobs and infact good jobs because they did not do any thing wrong (in your words fake)..

satishbellapu wrote:
I already said i dont mean t hurt anyone. Till now some people used to get some exp on their cv and apply in India. Now the companies have become strict and its getting reduced now. In UK yes I have seen people who put fake experience on their CV. I am not supporting them or discouraging them. Finding a Good Job depends on lot of factors like country, experience, age etc. First of all what does a good job mean. Search job sites and see how much pay a fresher is getting. And a fresher has to cross lot of hurdles before he gets a job as I have faced the same situation after i finished my graduation before getting this graduate job. Putting a fake experience is his own choice. Go to London, Glasgow, Scotland, sheffield, Leeds and many more places to see how many people are searching jobs with fake experience. Facts are always hard to digest. I am sure I am getting my facts right. Why are people coming to UK on HSMP showing some funds which really doesnot exist. So is that right then.
If you cant show the salary UK embassy wants, what did u do.
Common guys be practical.

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

satishbellapu wrote:
nksg wrote:I would dispute below.. Satish you need to get your facts right.. Not every Indian here has fake experiance.. its because of fraction of people like you who morn on the public forums and give a bad name to Indians..

And this is my series of posts. I just came to get my doubt clarified in this forum and wanted to start this topic. You please make ur facts right, everything which u see is not what u see. There is lot more happening in UK. If everything comes in your way then ur in the wrong line.
If you have an opinion that's fine I have an opinion. That doesn't mean u r right and u defo don't know how many go for fake experience. U did not do a survey and went door to door in search of people who put fake experience. U and me r just estimating. If u have exact figures post them, i will be happy to forward to everyone.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

satishbellapu wrote:

satishbellapu wrote:
I already said i dont mean t hurt anyone. Till now some people used to get some exp on their cv and apply in India. Now the companies have become strict and its getting reduced now. In UK yes I have seen people who put fake experience on their CV. I am not supporting them or discouraging them. Finding a Good Job depends on lot of factors like country, experience, age etc. First of all what does a good job mean. Search job sites and see how much pay a fresher is getting. And a fresher has to cross lot of hurdles before he gets a job as I have faced the same situation after i finished my graduation before getting this graduate job. Putting a fake experience is his own choice. Go to London, Glasgow, Scotland, sheffield, Leeds and many more places to see how many people are searching jobs with fake experience. Facts are always hard to digest. I am sure I am getting my facts right. Why are people coming to UK on HSMP showing some funds which really doesnot exist. So is that right then.
If you cant show the salary UK embassy wants, what did u do.
Common guys be practical.

Hi ,

Why are people coming to UK on HSMP showing some funds which really doesnot exist. So is that right then.

It's a fact that people are playing around and showing big money and applying for TIER1 . TIER1 equation is simple and it says if you earn more you can qualify ... if every body is earning good and getting TIER1 than how it's possible they are putting fake experience.... Every sort of job have some facts and if you are more than good with facts you will get good pay. My point is with so many people coming , good and talented people are effected .... Go for CAP , i will be the first to vote ......
Thanks

Ali

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 pm

If u have exact figures post them, i will be happy to forward to everyone.
Post looks childish. How to do you propose to find out those on fake experience ? Are we going to conduct some poll? We need to grow up and understand that world is not a level playing field. If there are people with fake experience competing against those with genuine experience, you need to formulate a strategy to better them by projecting real time experience (which fakes obviously don't have rather than complaining about it.

BTW as I said earlier, this problem seems to be in "Supply in Full" IT field , as back at India it is the best paying field. I am sure you will find very few fakes in other fields like Mechanical design, Pharmacy, Hardware design (in short core fields) etc.

Shepherd

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 pm

satishbellapu wrote:
Just for statistics...

PLEASE DONT TAKE IT AS PERSONAL... THERE IS NO COMMUAL HARMONY INVOLVED HERE..... Iam proposing the thing from what i have read in the statistics..

Most of the fakes (irrespective of Education or job) comes from state<edited>. As a matter of i remember once US counsulate issuing a notice or order (something like that) to reject all applications (atleast most) if originating from that area.....

Please ignore if you think this is false.
<Edited>
Last edited by prisat on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:34 pm

I hope moderators lock this thread as starting from OP this thread was not at all related to Tier-1 but rather on struggles of Tier-1 Visa holders real and/or imagined which I understand is not yet on the board for discussion.

Shepherd