ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for New Job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

References for New Job

Post by Mohanfromblr » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi All
I have been in UK and started for apllying jobs since 4 months. Staying in Midlands.
I have already seen many posts regarding references needed for new jobs.
I am getting at least 10 calls a day out of which 8 people ask the same set of questions like
1. What are the companies already interviewed with?
2. What are the agencies you have approached so far?
3. What are the companies which have your CV in their DB?
4. Who are the managers who have interviewed you in recent past?

I started to cut the call as and when they started asking these questions.
But frnds, please tell me of your experience as what I should do.
This question I am asking because there are really some genuine agencies who did arrange an interview for me but also they asked these questions.
Please tell me how to deal with the people who ask these same questions. I amy be missing some agencies because i am not responding to those who ask these questions.
What about this guy
www.evolution-jobs.co.uk
They always say that they have got an oppurtunity but always asks the first question 1.What are the comapnies you have already interviewed with?

Thanks & regards
Mohan Rao

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Classic fishing for leads - there is no job. Just tell them you are bound by confidentiality and cannot say, or just put the phone down. Option 2 for me...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:03 am

Annoying, isn't it? I get that too from some agents.

Trouble is, some may have genuine vacancies despite being hardwired to fish. I once refused to disclose those details to an agency which subsequently arranged to send me to a company I had already been sent to by another agency. It got messy.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: References for New Job

Post by *FC* » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Mohanfromblr wrote:Hi All
I have been in UK and started for apllying jobs since 4 months. Staying in Midlands.
I have already seen many posts regarding references needed for new jobs.
I am getting at least 10 calls a day out of which 8 people ask the same set of questions like
1. What are the companies already interviewed with?
2. What are the agencies you have approached so far?
3. What are the companies which have your CV in their DB?
4. Who are the managers who have interviewed you in recent past?

I started to cut the call as and when they started asking these questions.
But frnds, please tell me of your experience as what I should do.
This question I am asking because there are really some genuine agencies who did arrange an interview for me but also they asked these questions.
Please tell me how to deal with the people who ask these same questions. I amy be missing some agencies because i am not responding to those who ask these questions.
What about this guy
www.evolution-jobs.co.uk
They always say that they have got an oppurtunity but always asks the first question 1.What are the comapnies you have already interviewed with?

Thanks & regards
Mohan Rao
I think you are doing really good by cutting the call :wink:
They (callers) just need information from you and they call back the companies asking for the names you gave them .... :evil:

As wanderer suggested, Just tell them that you cannot disclose any information since it is confidential! They will cut the call quicker than you do if they are the fishing idiots! :twisted:

FC