ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country bands according to new rule & processing time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zee_Rab
Newly Registered

Country bands according to new rule & processing time

Post by Zee_Rab » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi everybody,

I am living in Pakistan and planning to apply for uk Tier 1. My monthly salary is around 100,000 Pak Rupees. I just want to ask from experts that i have check my earnings from point based calculator but i have confusion that some people say that there is no country band for uplift or multiplier after change in 6th april 2010.

1. Is it true that if i will apply they will multiply my salary with 5.3 (Country band D, Pakistan) now?

2. How much time it take to process the whole application from Pakistan.

An early response will be highly appreciated

Regards,

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I am not 100% sure, but with logical there should be country band to match the earning.

Zee_Rab
Newly Registered

Post by Zee_Rab » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks for your reply, but brother doubts are still there, i have gone through the ukba guide and there is mention that to match overseas earnings they provide uplift. so, i think we can find out by asking a person who has applied after 6th april as initial application.

rupeshmg
India

Re: Country bands according to new rule & processing tim

Post by rupeshmg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am

Zee_Rab wrote:Hi everybody,

1. Is it true that if i will apply they will multiply my salary with 5.3 (Country band D, Pakistan) now?

No, It is not true. You can multiply your salary with uplift ration of 5.3

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Country bands according to new rule & processing tim

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 am

Zee_Rab wrote:Hi everybody,

I am living in Pakistan and planning to apply for uk Tier 1. My monthly salary is around 100,000 Pak Rupees. I just want to ask from experts that i have check my earnings from point based calculator but i have confusion that some people say that there is no country band for uplift or multiplier after change in 6th april 2010.

2. How much time it take to process the whole application from Pakistan.

An early response will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Bro,
1) No, whoever said that to you is bollocking.. there is an uplift ratio of 5.3 for Band D and as to say for all the countries . You have to calculate : salary*exchange rate@1Pak rupees=X GBP*5.3

2) No idea about this processing time but i am sure there are threads which are already running on the processing time, you can get onto one of those and get your queries answered...Good luck

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 am

TIER 1: ADJUSTING OVERSEAS EARNINGS
We apply multipliers to past earnings from overseas to convert them into the equivalent UK earnings. These multipliers take account of the different earnings levels of highly skilled workers around the world. We are reviewing the multipliers we use to ensure that they are up-to-date. When this review is complete the multipliers will be updated on the Points-Based Calculator. These changes will not be completed by 6 April 2010 and so will be introduced at a later date. Please refer to the UK Border Agency website for updates.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... -of-policy

Zee_Rab
Newly Registered

Post by Zee_Rab » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks brother for your great help,
Now i am sure that there are country bands. I got reports of medical report of Tuberculosis.

Actually i am married and have 1 child 4 months young. I am planning to apply only mine first and when i will get visa, i will apply for my wife and child. But today, when i went to medical center i filled a form and gave all my particulars, there was also a column heading "Number of accompanying children under age of 11". Should i mention my son? i haven't mentioned it and its mention in my report that "Number of accompanying children under age of 11 = 0"

As i will apply alone its is correct that number of mentioned children is zero, but when i will get the visa of my dependents can i accompany my child with me?

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Zee_Rab wrote:Thanks brother for your great help,
Now i am sure that there are country bands. I got reports of medical report of Tuberculosis.

Actually i am married and have 1 child 4 months young. I am planning to apply only mine first and when i will get visa, i will apply for my wife and child. But today, when i went to medical center i filled a form and gave all my particulars, there was also a column heading "Number of accompanying children under age of 11". Should i mention my son? i haven't mentioned it and its mention in my report that "Number of accompanying children under age of 11 = 0"

As i will apply alone its is correct that number of mentioned children is zero, but when i will get the visa of my dependents can i accompany my child with me?

Hi ,

Applying from Pakistan TIER1 visa require you to be really good at your documents as the rejection rate is high . I was reading your post and will summarize all the things which you will need to apply visa . Check one by one your documents and verify them before applying as no one will help you .....

1) Put your passport for age and make sure it matches with all the documents you have like degree etc.

2) make NARIC your degree for BSC UK and as well as for English requirement. If not sit in IELTS and get 6.5 over all band.

3) Go to bank and have 15 month clean , official bank statement with " logo" and stamp on each page

4) Pick up a marker and highlight all the entries in your account statement.

5) Go HR in your company ( offer him / her lunch) and explain him /her that i am applying for TIER 1 UK . Ask what is better for them to issue ..pay slips or company letter .. if you are having payslip make sure they are signed ... and stamped and there is no word like fuel , medical , on your pay slip .. secondly go for company letter .... all the payments from your account must be stated in letter ( to me this is the best way)

6) You are going alone but you have child mention him in your application and be true to them ... apply after wards for your family .. but if you can apply it right now it's better .. trust me ....

7) be careful with your 90 days funds ..... a letter from bank stating cash funds for 90 days and balance never below 2800 pounds.

I was seeing RS/ Pound and it's going up and down so make a room and dont show exactly 2800 pounds in your account ....

******************** best of luck **************************
Thanks

Ali

Tier1_123

Post by Tier1_123 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Dear Ali,
Many thanks for such a comprehensive reply. Please note that i am planning to apply for Tier-1 within a couple of days with all the pre-req's met.
I am entitled for 250 liters of fuel per month and the pertinent amount is credited along with my salary under the head "Fuel Encashment".
Do let me know if the case worker will consider this or i have to take some measures in order to elaborate things.
P.S: The entitlement is as per the remuneration package letter by HR.

Regards,

Zee_Rab
Newly Registered

Post by Zee_Rab » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:41 am

Thank you Ali for you guidance,

1) i have passport for age.

Qualification

1) My Qualification falls in PBC

Previous earnings

1) i have got 1 year of bank statement with all requirements

2) i have got payslips from HR signed and stamped by chief accountant
(is it necessary for them to be signed by chief executive?) also on payslip its mention accommodation.

3) i have got TAX documents also

English Language

1) PBC awards me 10 points for my qualification.

Maintenance funds

1) i have got bank statement of 4 months.

So all of them clear to go?