ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

liquid_87
Newly Registered

Post by liquid_87 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 am

Hi everyone,

I just need your advice and opinion...

My husband (non-EEA) applied for a Residence Stamp on 2nd September 2009, two days after his student visa expired (the previous application for the RS was rejected as there was no Sickness Insurance and I was applying as a student at the time). On the 2nd September 2009 we provided a new application with Sickness Insurance and by that time I got a job so my husband applied as an extended family member at the time (boyfriend of 2 years+evidence of a relationship) of a worker.
We got the COA dated 11th September 2009 however there was no indication that he can work in the UK.
In August/September 2009 time we've applied for a Certificate of Approval for marriage. After we got it in October 2009, we got married in February 2010.
Immediately, we have informed the UKBA of that so my husband would be now considered as my spouse and not an extended family member.
The main issue at the time was my status as an A8 national. In September 2009 I've applied as a worker however I went back to uni in October 2010.
In March 2010 I've applied for a Residence Certificate to establish my residence rights as a student. After an explanation that I was no longer working and I was a mere student with health insurance and self-sufficiency, the UKBA finally gave me the Residence Certificate at the end of March 2010.
Since I have managed to establish that I am exercising my treaty rights as a student I guess the application was straightforward.
I early April 2010 the UKBA returned my passport and all the evidence that we have provided with our application of September 2009 including the recently submitted marriage certificate.
I have wrote many complaint letters asking when will they make a decision and that it is illegal to be in breach of the UK and EU law (6 months)and so far no response...

Besides I know a friend A8 national whose husband applied for a RS as a spouse of a self-employed A8 national and he got the Residence Card instead as you can apply in a different category than a worker...

Is it a good sign that they've returned my passport and all the evidence in April 2010 without requesting anything else? Do you think that they may have any reason to refuse the application?

I would appreciate any comments and thoughts as this whole situation really upsets us...

sanu84

Re: Enquiry Please

Post by sanu84 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 am

babie_meg wrote:
Yes I guess my case is quite straightforward. I sent in our marriage certificate and my husband's payslips and work contract, and a tenancy agreement to show we've been living together for move than 2 years. on my COA there is a Case ID and a Ref number. I also requested my passport backs which i have now received back so we can plan some holidays now during the 6 month wait :D and in the letter they told us no need to send them back our passports until a caseworker has requested them back. on my COA it states I am free to live and work in the UK :D but they say if I travel i will need to apply for a family permit before returning but it's stupid because HO have all my supporting documents and I will need the same for the Family Permit application and I won't have them. So they are contradicting themselves!
Hi babie_meg,

I saw that you had requested your passport back. How long did it take for you to have it back?
I was wondering if you can give me some advices for this matter.
I sent the HO an email on May 17 asking my passport back.
On May 21, I called them at 01516725626 and found out that they hadn't done anything about my request. So, the lady I had on the phone sent a request to the passport department saying that i need my passport back by June 1st.
I just called the HO today and they said that they couldn't chase my passport since the request was on May 21 and it is less than 10 days.
I'm really worried right now because the appointment (which is not easy to get) for my visa application is on June 7.

Thanks in advance.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

liquid_87 wrote:Hi everyone,

My husband (non-EEA) applied for a Residence Stamp on 2nd September 2009, two days after his student visa expired (the previous application for the RS was rejected as there was no Sickness Insurance and I was applying as a student at the time). On the 2nd September 2009 we provided a new application with Sickness Insurance and by that time I got a job so my husband applied as an extended family member at the time (boyfriend of 2 years+evidence of a relationship) of a worker.
We got the COA dated 11th September 2009 however there was no indication that he can work in the UK.
In August/September 2009 time we've applied for a Certificate of Approval for marriage. After we got it in October 2009, we got married in February 2010.
Immediately, we have informed the UKBA of that so my husband would be now considered as my spouse and not an extended family member.
The main issue at the time was my status as an A8 national. In September 2009 I've applied as a worker however I went back to uni in October 2010.
In March 2010 I've applied for a Residence Certificate to establish my residence rights as a student. After an explanation that I was no longer working and I was a mere student with health insurance and self-sufficiency, the UKBA finally gave me the Residence Certificate at the end of March 2010.
Since I have managed to establish that I am exercising my treaty rights as a student I guess the application was straightforward.
I early April 2010 the UKBA returned my passport and all the evidence that we have provided with our application of September 2009 including the recently submitted marriage certificate.
I have wrote many complaint letters asking when will they make a decision and that it is illegal to be in breach of the UK and EU law (6 months)and so far no response...

Besides I know a friend A8 national whose husband applied for a RS as a spouse of a self-employed A8 national and he got the Residence Card instead as you can apply in a different category than a worker...

Is it a good sign that they've returned my passport and all the evidence in April 2010 without requesting anything else? Do you think that they may have any reason to refuse the application?

I would appreciate any comments and thoughts as this whole situation really upsets us...
you may consider writing to your local MP
we can all change our stars

liquid_87
Newly Registered

UKBA is having a laugh

Post by liquid_87 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

677ano wrote:

I actually wrote an email to my local MP on Monday and guess what?? My husband got his passport today with the Residence Card valid until the end of August 2010!! They are mad! What was the point of holding it for so long...and why did they grant it for only 3 months knowing that I exercise my rights as a student and that my course is until June 2011 :?: Does that ever happen? Are they assuming that our marriage will not last too long :shock: I do not know what to think of it...

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 pm

sanu84 wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
Yes I guess my case is quite straightforward. I sent in our marriage certificate and my husband's payslips and work contract, and a tenancy agreement to show we've been living together for move than 2 years. on my COA there is a Case ID and a Ref number. I also requested my passport backs which i have now received back so we can plan some holidays now during the 6 month wait :D and in the letter they told us no need to send them back our passports until a caseworker has requested them back. on my COA it states I am free to live and work in the UK :D but they say if I travel i will need to apply for a family permit before returning but it's stupid because HO have all my supporting documents and I will need the same for the Family Permit application and I won't have them. So they are contradicting themselves!
Hi babie_meg,

I saw that you had requested your passport back. How long did it take for you to have it back?
On May 21, I called them at 01516725626 and found out that they hadn't done anything about my request. So, the lady I had on the phone sent a request to the passport department saying that i need my passport back by June 1st.
I just called the HO today and they said that they couldn't chase my passport since the request was on May 21 and it is less than 10 days.
I'm really worried right now because the appointment (which is not easy to get) for my visa application is on June 7.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you need to call them to request your passport back if you need it urgently e.g. your travel is within the next 10 working days but they will tell you it will take them at least 10 working days and not guaranteed! Very frustrating. I called on 10 May to request it back, and then calling every day after to check if they had sent it out and asked for a Post Office tracking number.. they just told me the team was dealing with it and no update in their system. During this time, I sent 2 email complaints to the Home Office and 1 email complaint to my MP, and also sent a fax to a number that HO gave me to chase (apparently that fax number was for the team that send passports) them to send out my passport urgently. FInally on 17 May morning when I called again, they told me my passport had been sent out and gave me a Royal Mail tracking number, and I received it on 20 May. It was sent by Special Delivery guaranteed 1pm delivery.. so I received it on the 8th day, just within their 10 days promise.

677ano

Re: UKBA is having a laugh

Post by 677ano » Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 pm

liquid_87 wrote:
677ano wrote:

I actually wrote an email to my local MP on Monday and guess what?? My husband got his passport today with the Residence Card valid until the end of August 2010!! They are mad! What was the point of holding it for so long...and why did they grant it for only 3 months knowing that I exercise my rights as a student and that my course is until June 2011 :?: Does that ever happen? Are they assuming that our marriage will not last too long :shock: I do not know what to think of it...
Write a letter to the UKBA and draw their attention to the expiry date on the RC. I believe the RC is to be valid for 5 years while the EEA family permit is valid for 6 month. Check the stamp in your spouse passport does it say resident card?

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 am

babie_meg wrote:
sanu84 wrote:
babie_meg wrote:
Hi babie_meg,

Thanks in advance.
Yes you need to call them to request your passport back if you need it urgently e.g. your travel is within the next 10 working days but they will tell you it will take them at least 10 working days and not guaranteed! Very frustrating. I called on 10 May to request it back, and then calling every day after to check if they had sent it out and asked for a Post Office tracking number.. they just told me the team was dealing with it and no update in their system. During this time, I sent 2 email complaints to the Home Office and 1 email complaint to my MP, and also sent a fax to a number that HO gave me to chase (apparently that fax number was for the team that send passports) them to send out my passport urgently. FInally on 17 May morning when I called again, they told me my passport had been sent out and gave me a Royal Mail tracking number, and I received it on 20 May. It was sent by Special Delivery guaranteed 1pm delivery.. so I received it on the 8th day, just within their 10 days promise.
Can you give me the fax number that they gave you? many thanks.

kafi

Re: UKBA is having a laugh

Post by kafi » Thu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm

liquid_87 wrote:
677ano wrote:

howcome they issued RC for one year . it must be joke

if u write to ur local mp and homeministry about this , it will give u solution quickly.
they cant issue rc like that

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Guys is almost a month now since I received my RC. Yesterday, I also got one year visa from the german embassy, so my holiday is set with my wife now. WE WERE ONCE LIKE YOU AND I PRAY THAT VERY SOON YOU WOULD BE LIKE US WITH YOUR 5YEARS RC.
let me retell you my success story so far
*I applied for Rc on 30th dec 2009
*HO recieved application on 31st dec 2009
*Recieved COA on 12 january 2010
*Call HO on the 19th of may 2010 and they told me my application is under consideration. Later on that eve, I had a call from HO asking me to confirm my addressed
*On the 30th of april 2010 received my passport with RC inside it dated on 27th april 2010

Just want to thank everyone in the house again for their major contribution and inspiration.

God bless you All and good luck to everyone

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Fri May 28, 2010 1:06 am

kindman wrote:Hi Guys is almost a month now since I received my RC. Yesterday, I also got one year visa from the german embassy, so my holiday is set with my wife now. WE WERE ONCE LIKE YOU AND I PRAY THAT VERY SOON YOU WOULD BE LIKE US WITH YOUR 5YEARS RC.
*Call HO on the 19th of may 2010 and they told me my application is under consideration. Later on that eve, I had a call from HO asking me to confirm my addressed
*On the 30th of april 2010 received my passport with RC inside it dated on 27th april 2010

Just want to thank everyone in the house again for their major contribution and inspiration.

Congrate kindman can you tell me detail of german visa how you get it which visa u applied and what dacuments you submit in emmbassy ?

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Fri May 28, 2010 1:11 am

Hi Guys i hv sent my EEA2 on 26th of April and still waiting for COA :(
i Called to HO many time but they said now they are taking 5 to 6 week to issue COA

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 am

kashijee wrote:Hi Guys i hv sent my EEA2 on 26th of April and still waiting for COA :(
i Called to HO many time but they said now they are taking 5 to 6 week to issue COA
I sent my EEA application on 30/04.I am counting 6 weeks ,lets see what will happen!

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Fri May 28, 2010 10:00 am

kashijee wrote:
kindman wrote:Hi Guys is almost a month now since I received my RC. Yesterday, I also got one year visa from the german embassy, so my holiday is set with my wife now. WE WERE ONCE LIKE YOU AND I PRAY THAT VERY SOON YOU WOULD BE LIKE US WITH YOUR 5YEARS RC.

Congrate kindman can you tell me detail of german visa how you get it which visa u applied and what dacuments you submit in emmbassy ?
Thank u kashijee I applied for a short stay visa but because my wife is a german, they gave me one year. I complected online application and printed it out. doccuments require are your marriage certificate, your eea member passport and your passport as well. there is no visa fee for eea family members. that is all they need.

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm

kashijee wrote:Hi Guys i hv sent my EEA2 on 26th of April and still waiting for COA :(
So did I, methinks tomorrow is the day! Takes about 5-6 weeks now to receive the COA. Its bank holiday Monday, so by tomorrow if I don't get anything I'll be flooding HO with calls!

gfranklin
Newly Registered

Post by gfranklin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 am

Here is my process for EEA2 application for the Residence Card. I am still waiting.
===
  • 1/12/09 - Applied for RC.
    3/12/09 - Application received by HO.
    9/12/09 - Certificate of Application, and got passport back for travel during processing time (as requested)
    31/03/10 - Received letter, dated 12/03/10, asking for the return of my passport and additional documents.
    15/04/10 - After planned trip outside UK, returned my passport along with additional supporting documents.
    16/04/10 - Passport and document received by HO's Liverpool location, according to HO agent over the phone. Case still in process.
    19/05/10 - Called HO (0845 010 5200, option 1 then option 2). Case still in process. Rescheduled a planned trip to Spain, costing £100 for change.
    17/06/10 - Planned trip for Spain. Hopefully will receive passport with RC by then.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 pm

missames wrote:
So did I, methinks tomorrow is the day! Takes about 5-6 weeks now to receive the COA. Its bank holiday Monday, so by tomorrow if I don't get anything I'll be flooding HO with calls!

One op,Gabrielle applied on 20-4-10,COA approved by H/O 21-05-10 and she received today,01-06.May yours no the way!

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm

maganzo wrote: One op,Gabrielle applied on 20-4-10,COA approved by H/O 21-05-10 and she received today,01-06.May yours no the way!
Thanks Maganzo! Nothing today yet, but hopefully within the week!

Gabrielle
Newly Registered

Post by Gabrielle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Application sent on 20/04/10
HO received on 21/04/10
COA finally arrived today, 1/06/10 (dated 21/05/10)

nao123
Newly Registered

EEA2 submitted in Feb - with Caseworker - anyone else?

Post by nao123 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 am

Hello! Thanks for all the help and support via this forum!

My question - I applied via EEA2 for a RC back in early Feb, and received my COA within in 10 days. I rang today and I have a casenumber and they have told me it's with a caseworker now. Once it's a case worker, how long do you think it takes? Has anyone else who applied in Feb get an answer by now? They have not requested my passport back (had to get it back for a Family Permit for travel outside UK).

Also, a lot of people quote "straight forward case". I'm not sure if mine would be - same sex common law relationship living together since Oct 2007. Have bank statements (no joint account though) showing same address, photos, family and friend statements, travel docs, council tax bills with both our names on them, utility bill, and everything else they requested with the Liverpool office right now. Would this be a straightforward case, or do common law relationships seem to take longer?

Many thanks!

P&T

Re: EEA2 submitted in Feb - with Caseworker - anyone else?

Post by P&T » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 am

nao123 wrote:Hello! Thanks for all the help and support via this forum!

My question - I applied via EEA2 for a RC back in early Feb, and received my COA within in 10 days. I rang today and I have a casenumber and they have told me it's with a caseworker now. Once it's a case worker, how long do you think it takes? Has anyone else who applied in Feb get an answer by now? They have not requested my passport back (had to get it back for a Family Permit for travel outside UK).

Also, a lot of people quote "straight forward case". I'm not sure if mine would be - same gender common law relationship living together since Oct 2007. Have bank statements (no joint account though) showing same address, photos, family and friend statements, travel docs, council tax bills with both our names on them, utility bill, and everything else they requested with the Liverpool office right now. Would this be a straightforward case, or do common law relationships seem to take longer?

Many thanks!
Hi Nao123!

Good question! The UKBA has a good way of giving applicants a false sense of security by telling them that their EEA2 application is with a case work team etc. Thats what they told me in March (two months ago!) and my husband and I are still waiting the RC has not been issued yet :? !!!

Details: sent EEA2 app Jan 11th, received COA dated 18th Jan and still waiting...

Our case is also straightforward so its difficult to tell why its taking them so long!!

Anyhow keep the faith im sure we'll all hear from them soon enough!

kafi

Post by kafi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:11 pm

P&T wrote:

Also, a lot of people quote "straight forward case". I'm not sure if mine would be - same gender common law relationship living together since Oct 2007. Have bank statements (no joint account though) showing same address, photos, family and friend statements, travel docs, council tax bills with both our names on them, utility bill, and everything else they requested with the Liverpool office right now. Would this be a straightforward case, or do common law relationships seem to take longer?

Many thanks!
Hi Nao123!

Good question! The UKBA has a good way of giving applicants a false sense of security by telling them that their EEA2 application is with a case work team etc. Thats what they told me in March (two months ago!) and my husband and I are still waiting the RC has not been issued yet :? !!!

Details: sent EEA2 app Jan 11th, received COA dated 18th Jan and still waiting...

Our case is also straightforward so its difficult to tell why its taking them so long!!

exactly my application also with a case worker from 18th march as i had been told. i applied in 21st January. still no news from them though my application is straight forward.

after election they change their policy .. they r making delay again..

i will inform my local MP in next week....

its totally unacceptable.

P&T

Post by P&T » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 pm

kafi wrote:
P&T wrote:

Many thanks!
Hi Nao123!

exactly my application also with a case worker from 18th march as i had been told. i applied in 21st January. still no news from them though my application is straight forward.

Just managed to get through to the UKBA! Apparently our application was assigned to a caseworker yesterday!! So the information we received in March about it being assigned to a casework team was wrong according to the gentleman I spoke to :? . I could hear him tapping away checking the computer so its all a mystery...

Patience is key!!!

Kafi try your local MP keep us posted :) !

677ano

Post by 677ano » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 pm

P&T wrote:
kafi wrote:
P&T wrote:

Many thanks!
Hi Nao123!

Just managed to get through to the UKBA! Apparently our application was assigned to a caseworker yesterday!! So the information we received in March about it being assigned to a casework team was wrong according to the gentleman I spoke to :? . I could hear him tapping away checking the computer so its all a mystery...

Patience is key!!!

Kafi try your local MP keep us posted :) !
kafi,

The information is not wrong every application is assigned to a case work team once they have sent out the COA. The case work team leader then assign it to a case worker, some applications are straight forward and are resolved within 3-5 months others take longer. The way you prepare your application and the genuineness are also very important.

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Good day

Post by AnnaS » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm

So good news this morning! After nearly 9 months of waiting and multiple complaints to the HO, Solvit and our MP, have finally gotten my RC. At last can work and travel again!

Too bad I have to get a new passport now as this one expires in September. Guess I will have to live with two for a while as no way am going through that again.

Application was sent 10th of September 2009
Coa was received on 15th of September
RC received on 4th June 2010, dated 20th of May

I applied as unmarried partner

Thanks to everyone who advised me on here and good luck to all of you!

maganzo

Re: Good day

Post by maganzo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 pm

AnnaS wrote:So good news this morning! After nearly 9 months of waiting and multiple complaints to the HO, Solvit and our MP, have finally gotten my RC. At last can work and travel again!

Too bad I have to get a new passport now as this one expires in September. Guess I will have to live with two for a while as no way am going through that again.

Application was sent 10th of September 2009
Coa was received on 15th of September
RC received on 4th June 2010, dated 20th of May

I applied as unmarried partner

Thanks to everyone who advised me on here and good luck to all of you!

Congrats ,how many yrs have they given you?