ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gen (dependant) of wife refused from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vagabond4life

Tier 1 Gen (dependant) of wife refused from India

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 am

To summarise: even though I had provided all the docs, visa refused stating insufficient docs!!!!!

Hi

Application of my wife was refused by the Mumbai Dy High Commision citing the below reasons:
1. Unable to verify minimum bank balance for the 90 day period
2. Only marriage certificate attached but no wedding photographs or other docs to show we are living together & our relationship subsisted at the time of application.

However, I had submitted uptodate bank statement which was within a period of 6 days at the time of application. The letter mentions unable to verify the last months statement. As my last statement was not due for another week, I had taken a copy of last months transaction stamped & signed it from the bank. This was on a A4 size paper printed from my online account which had the banks logo, bank name, account name & number. (the letter does not mention that this statement is not acceptable)
UPDATE 07/06/10: The original statements submitted were until 19/04/10 and transactions after that were printed on A4 paper. As I had applied on 18/05/10, the original statements were within 30 day period

As for the second point, I had submitted our joint marriage photograph which was affixed on a affidavit (non judicial stamp paper) notaized by the Notary confirming our marriage date. I had also submitted a letter from my Indian bank stating we hold a joint account with them. Last but not the least, her passport was issued after our marriage which had my name as spouse and the same address on passport which is the permanent address mentioned in my passport.

As for the bank statement, I think VFS put all A4 size docs together whereas my original bank statements are of smaller size and therefore the ECO missed the latest statement. At the same time he must have seen ALL the docs submitted and should have noticed the last statement.

I therfore wonder how the Entry Clearance Officer refused visa on the above two grounds? And to make matters worse I do not have full right of appeal. My appeal is limited to secx 84 (1) b & c of Nationality, Immigration & Asylum Act 2002 which is discrimination against Race & Religion and Human Rights Act!!!!!!!!!!

The other option I have is to make a fresh application referring to the old application and providing the docs again which means another Rs48300.

I know someone whose wifes visa was rejected because of maintenance of fund issue ( 2days below min) and had successfully appealled but the visa is yet to be stamped after 7 months.

Can anyone who were in this situation advise on the next course of action??

Thanks
Last edited by vagabond4life on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:09 am

I was in similar situation but had sufficient funds covering 6 months

BDHC Chennai had overlooked my HSBC bank statements and rejected by Wife's Tier1 Dependant Visa,

I sent several mails to BDHC informing about this act using my id and wife's id, I had even sent the mail highlighting the negligence in handling the case to British High Commission Delhi,
After 2 weeks my Wife got a call to fax the bank statements and Send the Passport for Stampping,

Before you decide upon reapplication, try mailing them highlighting the issue clearly, it might be considered

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 am

I had submitted bank statement covering more than six months and had a balance in excess of £7000 all the time.

When did you apply for your wifes visa? Can you PM me the content of your letter so that I set the tone of my letter accordingly
Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa wrote:I was in similar situation but had sufficient funds covering 6 months

BDHC Chennai had overlooked my HSBC bank statements and rejected by Wife's Tier1 Dependant Visa,

I sent several mails to BDHC informing about this act using my id and wife's id, I had even sent the mail highlighting the negligence in handling the case to British High Commission Delhi,
After 2 weeks my Wife got a call to fax the bank statements and Send the Passport for Stampping,

Before you decide upon reapplication, try mailing them highlighting the issue clearly, it might be considered

abhin

Post by abhin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 am

my brother faced the same situation in February 2010, when his wife's visa was rejected saying insufficient funds. He didnot go for appeal saying it will take a lot of time. so he made a fresh application
Please may I know the date and from which VFS your wife applied for visa?
I have applied for my husband but still under process.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

I had applied on 18/05/10 from Mumbai through VFS Pune and the refusal letter was dated 31/05/10 the day I sent them fax to get an update as I was travelling on 01/06/10

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Hi there. Did he mention about the previous application when he applied again as the form contains a question regarding refusal of visas?

How long did it take for the fresh application? Did he make reference to previous application regarding insufficient funds and that he has now submitted statement showing enough funds?
abhin wrote:my brother faced the same situation in February 2010, when his wife's visa was rejected saying insufficient funds. He didnot go for appeal saying it will take a lot of time. so he made a fresh application

abhin

Post by abhin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:42 pm

He waited for around 2 weeks to make a new application because he had to go back to London to get the bank statment.
First time he had only kept bank statements.
second time he took a letter also from the bank confirming his minimum balance.
Yes in the concerned column in the form, he had mentioned that he is applying for the second time.

Please can you answer on which date you had applied for dependent visa and also from which VFS?

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:49 pm

abhin wrote: Yes in the concerned column in the form, he had mentioned that he is applying for the second time.
Does that mean if he applies for visa for any other country he has to write visa previously refused if asked in the application form for eg schengen visa
abhin wrote: Please can you answer on which date you had applied for dependent visa and also from which VFS?
I have already replied above...just above my last post

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:53 pm

vagabond4life wrote:
abhin wrote: Yes in the concerned column in the form, he had mentioned that he is applying for the second time.
Does that mean if he applies for visa for any other country he has to write visa previously refused if asked in the application form for eg schengen visa
abhin wrote: Please can you answer on which date you had applied for dependent visa and also from which VFS?
I have already replied above...just above my last post
Yes... This has to be mentioned in all the future visa applications for any country, along with the reasons for the same.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:08 pm

vagabond4life wrote:Does that mean if he applies for visa for any other country he has to write visa previously refused if asked in the application form for eg schengen visa
dima wrote: Yes... This has to be mentioned in all the future visa applications for any country, along with the reasons for the same.
I think I will first send mail to the High Commission explaining that docs were overlooked by misatke. This is what 'Tier1visa_2008' had done. As the docs were already submitted for the points raised by ECO, the Dy High Commission should able reverse the decision once they recheck their records. I dont want this (wrong) refusal affect any future visa applications.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 am

Can anyone with similar situation who have sucessfully resubmitted/ appealed or got the initial decision overturned post their experience and share how they went about the process.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

Do we have to include photograph of marriage along with marriage certificate? I didn't know that. What is the criteria of photo. Does it has to be verified by some one? I am applying for my Tier 1 dependent visa in a month. Please advise.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 pm

rohitktm wrote:Do we have to include photograph of marriage along with marriage certificate? I didn't know that. What is the criteria of photo. Does it has to be verified by some one? I am applying for my Tier 1 dependent visa in a month. Please advise.
My friend got his visa with only the marriage certificate. I guess it is at the discretion of the ECO to decide if he is satisfied that the relationship subsist between the two at the time of application.

I had got my marriage photo notarized on a stamp paper for passport purpose and submitted the same for the visa.

I advise you submit your marriage photo, with few more wedding photographs with family etc, marriage certificate, invitation cards, joint bank account passbook/statement (if any or open one). The ECO wants to confirm if your relationship susbists at the time of application. If you are in UK, then exchange some generic emails with your wife and attach the prints. Its better to submit additional documents now than get a refusal for silly reason.

mchalasani
Newly Registered

can I get BHC email id

Post by mchalasani » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi,

I got rejection for my dependant visa today, and i got full right to appeal...but knowing the fact appeal can take longer...i would like to fallow as thread starter..please give me email i d to contact BHC.

my case is bank statement is dated more than one month before the application, in real since there is no other trasaction in the month it show the earlier date i.e 1/04/2010 ..i wnt this to be considered as we have next transaction only on 04/05/2010 which we were not able to get concerned statemet before applying.

please provide the email/phone contacts .