ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory Periodic Tenancy vs Assured Shorthold Tenancy ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doc_S

Statutory Periodic Tenancy vs Assured Shorthold Tenancy ???

Post by doc_S » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:08 pm

We had Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement for initial 6 months on our current home from Apr 2008 to Oct 2008. Since then it became Statutory Periodic Tenancy. (Can be terminated upon two months notice by landlord or one months notice by ourselves.) We are still living in the same property. My mother (for whome we are applying/appealing visa) have already been here twice and lived in the same property. However, this time, ECO said no proof of suitable accomodation has been provided.

1. I am getting formal property managers report on the house tomorrow to cover suitability/overcrwoding issue.

2. However, does holding a Statutory Periodic Tenancy make any difference? Does it have to be Assured Shorthold Tenenacy? I dont want to renew Assured Shorthold tenancy as we have liberty to move if needed on one months notice.

3. If I get a letter from letting agent saying that we have been living in this property since Apr 2008, have been paying regular rents via standing order without fail and there is no intention of landlord to get the property back from the tenant in the near future (or should we mention 6 months), then does this suffice requirement for available accomodation without going into Assure Shorthold Tnenacy agreement for 6 months or a year?

4. Lastly, if I get such a letter (hope letting agent agrees), then does this letter alone along wih the property report enough for the evidence of available accomodation and its suitability? Or do I still have to provide the tenancy agreement. I am reluctant to supply the tenancy agreement because there is a clause far into the 7th page "Not permit any visitor to stay for more than three weeks in any three months period".

My mother came and stayed with us twice before on the same property for 5 months each without problems, but on both occasions we didn't submit tenancy agreement, just bills as a proof of address. But now one of the refusal reason is no evidence of accomodation (though bills were still there)

Thanks.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am

Anyone ??? :(