ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 - application returned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msi786
Newly Registered

EEA4 - application returned

Post by msi786 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Hello everyone

I am a spouse of an EEA national. After one month of submitting the EEA4 application it has been returned to me with the letter stating the following:

"Your application requires additional supporting documents in the following indicated area:
Proof of residency in the UK for a minimum of five years (...)"

I have ordered already a bank statements for the last 5 years, however I am wondering whether I need to send all pages of the statement or just the first one with my address as it will come to a total of 180 pages!

I was also considering an option of requesting a doctors letter (as that was suggested by Home Office in the letter), has anyone done it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:24 pm

To my understanding there is no requirement to provide any docs to prove your residence in the UK as you derive your rights of residence from your EEA spouse.

Proof of your 5-year residency can be in the form of your EEA spouse's - P60s covering the period & recent wage slips (if employed); self assessments, accountant's letters (if self-employed); college letters, student grant letters/bank statements (if a student); bank, share-holding statements (if self-sufficient) e.t.c

Did you provide any of the above? If not what did you provide to show your (and your EEA spouse's) 5-year residence in the UK?

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi Plum70. Thank you for your reply. We have included in the application my wife's P60s for the last 5 years plus recent payslips to prove she was exercising treaty rights.

I have received with my application the guidance notes which had the following sections highlighted:

" (...) you must provide proof that you have been resident in the United Kingdom for a continuous five-year period (...) Examples of how you can prove that you have been resident include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements."

I have requested my bank to provide me with bank statements for the past 5 years, but am not sure whether I need to send them all pages or just the first one of every month?

mamag
Newly Registered

Post by mamag » Mon May 31, 2010 5:04 pm

msi786 wrote:Hi Plum70. Thank you for your reply. We have included in the application my wife's P60s for the last 5 years plus recent payslips to prove she was exercising treaty rights.

I have received with my application the guidance notes which had the following sections highlighted:

" (...) you must provide proof that you have been resident in the United Kingdom for a continuous five-year period (...) Examples of how you can prove that you have been resident include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements."

I have requested my bank to provide me with bank statements for the past 5 years, but am not sure whether I need to send them all pages or just the first one of every month?
HO did the same to me twice, and i recenly got a coa on the third attempt. the 5 years bank statements is enough as long as it showing the same address as the document that you sent for your spouse

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi mamag. Unfortunately my wife's P60s and payslips show only the address of her workplace. The only document showing our address is marriage certificate. Do you think we should also include a proof of address for my wife?

petra

Post by petra » Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 pm

you need to send your proof of living her in UK.
you can send you council tax bills or bank statments or any other household bill, if your name was in it.

They just want to see if you were living at the same address.

I hope it make sense to you.

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:20 pm

In this case we will also request bank statements for my wife covering the last 5 years. In conclusion we decided that we will enclose the following documents:
my wife's P60s and recent payslips
my wife's bank statements
my bank statements
my P60s (just in case)

I think the above should cover both conditions that I have been resident in the United Kingdom and that my wife was exercising treaty rights during the last 5 years.
Thank you all for your help.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Do you not have any utility bills in both you and your EEA spouse's name reflecting your residential address(es) in the UK for the last 5 years?

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Currently gas and electricity bills are in my name and BT bill is in my wife's name, however they would not cover 5 year period, as we have moved once and in the previous house there was a top-up system.

I agree that would simplify everything!

mamag
Newly Registered

Post by mamag » Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 pm

msi786 wrote:In this case we will also request bank statements for my wife covering the last 5 years. In conclusion we decided that we will enclose the following documents:
my bank statements
my P60s (just in case)

I think the above should cover both conditions that I have been resident in the United Kingdom and that my wife was exercising treaty rights during the last 5 years.
that is great and enough. , u do not need any other document

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Mon May 31, 2010 10:51 pm

msi786 wrote:In this case we will also request bank statements for my wife covering the last 5 years. In conclusion we decided that we will enclose the following documents:
my bank statements
my P60s (just in case)

I have also included electoral letters from councils and from estate agency where we renting flat.
Anyway, GOOD LUCK!!! and keep us updated whould be interesting to see how quick is Home Office now in issuing EEA4, I am on the same situation as you, so any information would be appreciated...

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you vadimvin, we will have a look for electoral letters as well. Can anyone tell me whether it is alright to just send first page of each month's bank statement?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

Plum70 wrote:To my understanding there is no requirement to provide any docs to prove your residence in the UK as you derive your rights of residence from your EEA spouse.
The right of permanent residence in the UK is acquired by five years of residence in the UK in conformity with the Directive / UK EEA regulations.

If a Permanent Residence Card is applied for, the applicant should be able to provide evidence that s/he has been resident in conformity with the Directive / UK EEA regulations.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Just one quick question. Can anyone please tell me whether my wife's passport will be returned earlier or at the same time as mine?

mamag
Newly Registered

EEA 4 UPDATE

Post by mamag » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:48 pm

ANY RECENT UPDATE ON EEA4 APPLICATION , HAS ANY ONE RECENTLY GOT PERMANENT RESIDENCE?

msi786
Newly Registered

Post by msi786 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I would be very grateful if someone could answer my question whether my wife's passport will be returned earlier or together with the whole application.

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Unless your wife request her passport it will come the same time as yours.If she urgently needs the passport she can call home office on 0845 010 5200

msi786
Newly Registered

Application re-submitted

Post by msi786 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:50 pm

After waiting nearly 2 weeks for my bank statements to arrive I have finally re-sent my application 2 days ago. Fingers crossed everything goes well.