ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement info needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tayousaf
Newly Registered

settlement info needed

Post by tayousaf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi, I am a uk national and I got married last january 2010 and my spouse was granted ILE and she settled in the UK with me. Unfortunately, I have a new job in gulf in december and I would like my wife to join me but this means we no longer live together in the UK for the 2 year period required for ILR. I will be in gulf for at least 3 years and I would like to make frequent visits the UK with my wife.

1. Will she need a new visa to enter uk with me within those 3 years?

2. Once we return permanantly to the UK what process do we need to go through for her to enter the UK even though she was granted ILE and lived together as husband and wife?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Do you really mean that she got ILE? As that would require you to be living together outside the UK for four years or more.

tayousaf
Newly Registered

Post by tayousaf » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:36 pm

sorry, she got a visa for two years as spouse

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: settlement info needed

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:52 am

tayousaf wrote:Hi, I am a uk national and I got married last january 2010 and my spouse was granted ILE and she settled in the UK with me. Unfortunately, I have a new job in gulf in december and I would like my wife to join me but this means we no longer live together in the UK for the 2 year period required for ILR. I will be in gulf for at least 3 years and I would like to make frequent visits the UK with my wife.

1. Will she need a new visa to enter uk with me within those 3 years?

2. Once we return permanantly to the UK what process do we need to go through for her to enter the UK even though she was granted ILE and lived together as husband and wife?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Its a no brainer. She can come with you to UK for visits while her spouse visa is valid. Once her visa has expired, then it has expired and she cant enter. When you again want to settle back in UK, then she will have to make a fresh spouse visa application.