ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tmltml
Newly Registered

Change of name

Post by tmltml » Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

I wonder if anyone on this forum can help me. My wife is a filipina and we married in the philippines. She obtained a filipino passport showing my surmane then as her married name. However when we returned to this country I changed my name by deedpole and my wife also changed her name by deed pole so that she had my new surname. However as far as I am aware the Philippines authorities do not recognise deed pole changes on their citizens names. Hence my wife kept on using her original filipino passort in her previous name, which she has also renewed.
She is thinking of applying for British citizenship but all her documents are in her "new" name other than her passport. which is in her old totally different name. Does anyone think this will be a problem with the British authorities and if so is there any way of getting round it.
On another issue does anyone know what is the maximum time she can stay out of this coutnry before having to apply for a visa again. I cant seem to find this on the internet. Any responses much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation
TML

John

Post by John » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Does anyone think this will be a problem with the British authorities and if so is there any way of getting round it.
No I do not think that will be a problem. She just needs to apply for Naturalisation in her name, as changed to by the Deed Poll.
On another issue does anyone know what is the maximum time she can stay out of this coutnry before having to apply for a visa again
She already has ILR, so a maximum of two years. However an extended time outside the UK will affect an application for Naturalisation. The maximum time outside the UK in the last year up to the Naturalisation application should not exceed 90 days.

Does Philippines now allow dual nationality?
John

krimith

Re: Change of name

Post by krimith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

tmltml wrote:I wonder if anyone on this forum can help me. My wife is a filipina and we married in the philippines. She obtained a filipino passport showing my surmane then as her married name. However when we returned to this country I changed my name by deedpole and my wife also changed her name by deed pole so that she had my new surname. However as far as I am aware the Philippines authorities do not recognise deed pole changes on their citizens names. Hence my wife kept on using her original filipino passort in her previous name, which she has also renewed.
She is thinking of applying for British citizenship but all her documents are in her "new" name other than her passport. which is in her old totally different name. Does anyone think this will be a problem with the British authorities and if so is there any way of getting round it.
On another issue does anyone know what is the maximum time she can stay out of this coutnry before having to apply for a visa again. I cant seem to find this on the internet. Any responses much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation
TML
Your name change question about BC so that point when you apply you should send all document old name and new name as well as deedpoll original letter so no problem,bec for name they want any query so they can solve it with deedpoll letter and onther question i dont know wait someone help you