ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sherlyta
Newly Registered

Post by Sherlyta » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi again,

So I received COA after 6 weeks. But this letter seems to be a joke. all it says it's to no call for any reason the HO and to not do any urgent travel. it doesn't state my right to work.

I recently had a job interview in a bank, and they told me if I am sucdessful they will need my orginal passpot. I thought with this letter I could do it. but if you are strict, there is not guarantee for a employer that I have actually this right to work, given that I am under a decision process waiting for a resolution... ? Well hopefully this doesn't affect me in my job search.

All I can see going through this thread is that the HO doesn't seem to show all the respect that people deserve.

I understand that the COA should specifies not only that HO has your passport but then your rights at least during the resolution period. or am I wrong?

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Re: Good day

Post by AnnaS » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:29 pm

maganzo wrote:
AnnaS wrote:So good news this morning! After nearly 9 months of waiting and multiple complaints to the HO, Solvit and our MP, have finally gotten my RC. At last can work and travel again!

Too bad I have to get a new passport now as this one expires in September. Guess I will have to live with two for a while as no way am going through that again.

Application was sent 10th of September 2009
Coa was received on 15th of September
RC received on 4th June 2010, dated 20th of May

I applied as unmarried partner

Thanks to everyone who advised me on here and good luck to all of you!

Congrats ,how many yrs have they given you?
Thank you,
5 years. I think its what they give by default unless your EU partner indicates a shorter stay for some reason. I might be wrong though :?

kafi

Re: Good day

Post by kafi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:44 am

AnnaS wrote:
maganzo wrote:
AnnaS wrote:So good news this morning! After nearly 9 months of waiting and multiple complaints to the HO, Solvit and our MP, have finally gotten my RC. At last can work and travel again!

Too bad I have to get a new passport now as this one expires in September. Guess I will have to live with two for a while as no way am going through that again.

Application was sent 10th of September 2009
Coa was received on 15th of September
RC received on 4th June 2010, dated 20th of May

I applied as unmarried partner

Thanks to everyone who advised me on here and good luck to all of you!

congrates Annas,

at least u got ur RC after a long time. its good that u have no tension for 5 years.

so have a nice holiday.. thx..

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 am

Sherlyta wrote:Hi again,

So I received COA after 6 weeks. But this letter seems to be a joke. all it says it's to no call for any reason the HO and to not do any urgent travel. it doesn't state my right to work.

I recently had a job interview in a bank, and they told me if I am sucdessful they will need my orginal passpot. I thought with this letter I could do it. but if you are strict, there is not guarantee for a employer that I have actually this right to work, given that I am under a decision process waiting for a resolution... ? Well hopefully this doesn't affect me in my job search.

All I can see going through this thread is that the HO doesn't seem to show all the respect that people deserve.

I understand that the COA should specifies not only that HO has your passport but then your rights at least during the resolution period. or am I wrong?
Only spouses of EU nationals has the right to work while their applications are under consideration and their COA states that.
we can all change our stars

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:30 am

[quote="Sherlyta"]

I understand that the COA should specifies not only that HO has your passport

the COA do states that you should not make any urgent travel plan until your documents are returned to you as well as stating your full name, DOB and nationality

677ano

Post by 677ano » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 am

Sherlyta wrote:
I understand that the COA should specifies not only that HO has your passport
the COA do states that you should not make any urgent travel plan until your documents are returned to you as well as stating your full name, DOB and nationality

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi All,
Please always call the HO once in every two weeks to ask for update, never give up regarding the manner they talk to you on the phone.
HO makes a lot of mistake and when you spot it, they will say it was an oversight from their admin staffs.
But if you make a little error, that will result in the refusal of your application, when will they learn and do things right.
When you call the HO, please always get the name of the person that pick your call, write the date, the person name and the reply you got from the person. You can use these information against them if the application goes to appeal stage.
Don't contact your local MP, AIRES etc if your application is still within the six months period. If you call them on the fifth month and they are telling you that your application has not been allocated to a caseworker, start making your complaint to the UKBA centre via phone, fax and email.
One thing the HO dislike is when an applicant complaint and they are at fault, they don’t believe extended family member application and that’s against the EU law. As soon as you make your complaint, the HO will call you and say sorry about what has happen and they will attend to your application asap but don’t make baseless complain.
I’m talking from experience, I called them up on Friday and the person that spoke with me said that they will be making decision soon as it’s about the time and I submitted mine in January but we all known how stressful it’s when you are locked in this country and no travelling for the next six to ten months. When you apply for job and there is no passport to present to the recruiter, what happen to your future in this country that has no written law.
All EEA2 applicant please don’t give up, fight till the end (positive outcome).

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Has anyone applied for an EEA Family Permit from Ireland? If so, how long did it take after your appoint at the embassy? I have my appointment on 15 June, and we are hoping to move by mid-July.

Reading through all these post, the UK seems to be almost just as bad Ireland with this. I can't believe they require you to get an permit before entering only to have to apply for the RC after arrival. How difficult can it really be? We almost decided to move to the Netherlands, and we are starting to wish we would've, but circumstances are sending us to England. It has me worried as we are not married, and I know we would've had a residency card in NL within 30 days.

I hope those on here receive their RC soon!

Also, as an unmarried partner, will I have the right to work/study while my EEA2 application is pending? I'm planning on being a student if my funding comes through, but if not, I may need to get a job instead and defer my course for a year (when I qualify for home fees).

Cheers!

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:14 pm

kabuki wrote: Also, as an unmarried partner, will I have the right to work/study while my EEA2 application is pending? I'm planning on being a student if my funding comes through, but if not, I may need to get a job instead and defer my course for a year (when I qualify for home fees).
Cheers!
If you get the FP you will be able to work for the six months its valid. Normally unmarried partners do not have automatic right to work (unlike spouses) as they are considered extended family members. With the FP it should be Ok though. Good luck!

sillycrab

Post by sillycrab » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:46 pm

first of all, Congratulations to those who have got their RC after waiting for months. It's great to know so much from all of you. I've learned a lot, indeed.

I have applied for FMRS recently, not directly related to EEA2, but it'd be great if i could hear from any of you as I reckon some of you had dealt with FMRS before. Or shall I post as a new topic?? sorry if i shouldnt post here

I rang HO last friday for the second time since i posted my application on 06/05/2010, lucky me, male advisors answered each time and they were kinda nice. first thing i asked on friday was whether or not i will receive an acknowledgment or COA for my FMRS application, he didn't confirm whether it will be just an acknowledgment to confirm the receipt of my application or a COA.

but he then asked me how long since I posted my application as well as the special delivery tracking number. He confirmed that the HO received my application on 07/05/2010. and i should be expecting the COA (or perhaps just acknowledgment??) next week, which will be the fifth week the coming friday. so finger crossed that I will be getting something by friday morning. i will be ringing them again and getting ready the letter to MP on friday if nothing comes. Wonder if the MP will help though, after the election.

im also wondering if FMRS applicants will receive COA or just an acknowledgment. I've gone through loads of information from the website as well as the forums, nothing clearly states how long it normally takes to process FMRS or what an applicant will receive after submitting an application. I would love to see some successful cases or stories of FMRS applications =)

all responses are highly appreciated xxxx

crapstone
Newly Registered

Post by crapstone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 am

Hi all,
To add on to Sillycrab's questions, I have read through the forum and everyone seems to be calling a number in Liverpool to inquire about their application- what number are you guys calling? Please please kindly give it to me!

Our situation- my husband, a non EEA has applied for an EEA2 permit, (I am EEA). He sent it almost 5 weeks ago, but forgot to take a copy of his passport, a copy of our marriage cert, etc. He still has not received a COA, and no employer would let him thro the door for an interview until they see his right to work here. This is killing us financially because we also have a small baby and I don't make that much money at my job. He is usually the main earner in our family. What can we do to speed up the receipt of the COA? We are so desparate!

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49 am

Liverpool office
0151 672 5626

Commonwealth

URGENT ADVICE

Post by Commonwealth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 am

By 21st june 2010 my EEA application will be exactly 6 months with HO, whenever l called, l was being told still under consideration. Can someone advice me on what to do for the remaining two weeks? Should be calling them everyday or twice a week or be more patient until aftet six month. Cant just wait to have my passport with RC on it. Am just static in one direction. All advice is important and will be much appreciated.

Commonwealth

DIFFERENT STORY

Post by Commonwealth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

Spoke with HO this morning and l was told that my application is still with case working team while l was told last week that the application has been assigned to a specific case worker. By 21/06/2010,it will be exactly 6month, please advice on what to do because they have started changing their story.
Thanks everyone

kafi

Post by kafi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 am

I called to homoffice today . spoke to one person Mr DAVID who is really help full.

He told me my application still waiting in queue for a case worker and hopefully it will pass to a case worker in end of this month or the beginning of next month .. He also advised me not to complain as its going through a normal procedure . there is a huge volume of applications coming on , so it may take up to 5-6 months.

though in march some other person told me my application with a case worker from 18th march that was really bogus... i dont understand how this people r telling lie all the time

i applied on 21st janury, 10

kafi

Re: DIFFERENT STORY

Post by kafi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 am

Commonwealth wrote:Spoke with HO this morning and l was told that my application is still with case working team while l was told last week that the application has been assigned to a specific case worker. By 21/06/2010,it will be exactly 6month, please advice on what to do because they have started changing their story.
Thanks everyone

if it is passed to case worker team you should get this in 2/3 weeks time .. and may one week more for the postal

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Commonwealth what are you waiting for before you send the complain email and fax to the Northwest region?
I and Kafi applied the same day, I jus finished typing my complain letter and I will send it out this night so that they will start looking at it first thing tomorrow morning.
Don't give the UKBA breathing space, if you do, you will be waiting forever.
When it is the fifth month and they haven't contact you, please make complain.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:52 pm

jajanana wrote:Liverpool office
0151 672 5626

I have tried this number ,a few minutes ago,but what i get is the automated answer.nobody is there to answer.Have you got an alternative one?

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 pm

sillycrab wrote:first of all, Congratulations to those who have got their RC after waiting for months. It's great to know so much from all of you. I've learned a lot, indeed.

I have applied for FMRS recently, not directly related to EEA2, but it'd be great if i could hear from any of you as I reckon some of you had dealt with FMRS before. Or shall I post as a new topic?? sorry if i shouldnt post here

I rang HO last friday for the second time since i posted my application on 06/05/2010, lucky me, male advisors answered each time and they were kinda nice. first thing i asked on friday was whether or not i will receive an acknowledgment or COA for my FMRS application, he didn't confirm whether it will be just an acknowledgment to confirm the receipt of my application or a COA.

but he then asked me how long since I posted my application as well as the special delivery tracking number. He confirmed that the HO received my application on 07/05/2010. and i should be expecting the COA (or perhaps just acknowledgment??) next week, which will be the fifth week the coming friday. so finger crossed that I will be getting something by friday morning. i will be ringing them again and getting ready the letter to MP on friday if nothing comes. Wonder if the MP will help though, after the election.

im also wondering if FMRS applicants will receive COA or just an acknowledgment. I've gone through loads of information from the website as well as the forums, nothing clearly states how long it normally takes to process FMRS or what an applicant will receive after submitting an application. I would love to see some successful cases or stories of FMRS applications =)

all responses are highly appreciated xxxx

What number did you use?I have tried the 0151...,but only i can get is the automated answer!I applied FMRS on 30-04,still waiting COA!

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi maganzo that's the right number, there are option to put on the system.
Just listen and type in the number you wish to make enquiries about.

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT ADVICE

Post by AnnaS » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Can someone advice me on what to do for the remaining two weeks? Should be calling them everyday or twice a week or be more patient until aftet six month. Cant just wait to have my passport with RC on it. Am just static in one direction. All advice is important and will be much appreciated.
Hello, I am not sure about the specifics of your case or if it is in any way similar to mine so this advice is purely personal. I do not pretend to know how the HO operates, in fact a lot of their actions prior to finally issuing my RC seemed kinda random.

However these are some things you can do when the 6 month deadline is reached:

Call them to give a heads up and say that you're aware of the six month rule and that they are now in breach of it.

E-mail the complaint department, again quote the six month rule and say you will persist.

Without waiting contact Solvit (I believe they were the deciding factor in my case) It took a little over a month after their intervention for the HO to issue RC.

If things are still dragging, write to your MP, sometimes they help.

I don't know if calling repeatedly helps, other people say it does but I didn't. Also my partner asked for his passport back and never had to return it, some say it helps cause they have to dig out and open your file.

That's all I can think of for now, so good luck!

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Commonwealth you can follow Annas directive, it will work but please contact the complain centre today if you can.

Commonwealth

Much appreciated

Post by Commonwealth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Thanks everybody for your concern. I have complained to North West complain Dept, their response was stupid, said that we are working hard to resolve all case and that they can say when the case will be decided. Am confused.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

When did you complain?

Commonwealth

Post by Commonwealth » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Complained in May and Received their response on 4/06/2010