ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Use of Joint Fixed Deposit as maintanence of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ca_rahul2010
Newly Registered

Use of Joint Fixed Deposit as maintanence of funds

Post by ca_rahul2010 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Request to please clarify on the use of Joint Fixed deposit as the evidence of maintainence of funds.

I have a FD which is jointly held by me and my wife. The FD shows my wife's name as the "depositor" and my name also printed on FD as "Joint Holders Name".

Will the same suffice as evidence of funds. I am applying for the Tier 1 (General) visa as main applicant in my initial application. I will file for my wife as a dependant later on once I get my Visa.

Please suggest.

aprao_bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by aprao_bangalore » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

We had a similar situation. I have a joint FD with my husband as the primary holder. But since I was the primary applicant for tier 1 we changed the primary account holder name such that my name is displayed on the statements. Also I submitted a written consent from my husband's side on a stamp paper that I can use the whole amount for my use. I got my visa stamped.

ca_rahul2010
Newly Registered

Post by ca_rahul2010 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:31 pm

thanks for the reply aprao_bangalore. Would request your help on my case for Tier 1 (General).

1) Age : 31 years
2) Qualification: Chartered Accountant from ICAI, & B.com (Honours) from Delhi University
3) Past 12 months earnings : 9.4 lacs substantiated by payslips and bank statement.
4) Designation: Manager Finance, 8 years of financial experience
5) FD as mentioned available for showing evidence of funds
6) English Language: have never appeared for IELTS
7) Dependants: 2 (my wife and kid)

Few of my questions are as follows:

1) For claiming english language points, do i need to appear for IELTS, Since i have Bachelor's degree in B.Com (Honours) from Delhi university, Would i get the points directly under the category " My degree was taught in english"

2) How much is the starting salary i can expect. It seems to me that UK is quite expensive and rather than earnings/savings it does not become a question of survival for me.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 am

ca_rahul2010 wrote:thanks for the reply aprao_bangalore. Would request your help on my case for Tier 1 (General).

1) Age : 31 years
2) Qualification: Chartered Accountant from ICAI, & B.com (Honours) from Delhi University
3) Past 12 months earnings : 9.4 lacs substantiated by payslips and bank statement.
4) Designation: Manager Finance, 8 years of financial experience
5) FD as mentioned available for showing evidence of funds
6) English Language: have never appeared for IELTS
7) Dependants: 2 (my wife and kid)

Few of my questions are as follows:

1) For claiming english language points, do i need to appear for IELTS, Since i have Bachelor's degree in B.Com (Honours) from Delhi university, Would i get the points directly under the category " My degree was taught in english"

2) How much is the starting salary i can expect. It seems to me that UK is quite expensive and rather than earnings/savings it does not become a question of survival for me.
For point 1: If you select "Degree taught in English" on PBS and you are given points on ur degree in the next page on PBS then u do not need to appear for IELTS
For point 2: It all depends how much you have to spend deending on ur family. lifestyle etc. so no specific answer here...good luck!!

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Forget about salary mate. First think of finding a job. Honesly saying many people including me fly to UK as if someone at airport is waiting to handover you a highly paid salary job. Be practical, specially when you have kids. My suggestion is to come alone, find job and proper place to live. After then, call your family. It's different to be in foreign country.

ca_rahul2010
Newly Registered

Post by ca_rahul2010 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 am

Actually both finding the job and reasonable salary seems to be important factor. I was working out on the same, that's why thought it does not becomes a survival issue rather than savings.

Rohit you are correct, I would like to be there alone for first 4-5months and then call my family.

Still the expenses with family seems to be high as follows:

Rent 500 per month
Food 300 per month
Travel 150 per month
Mobile 50 per month
Misc 150 per month

Total per month expense GBP 1150

Salary GBP 25,000 per anumn (seems like the average start could be this in financial sector)
Taxes & Insurance 6,250 (approx)
Salary after taxes GBP 18,750 per anumn

Per month after taxes GBP 1562

Net saved GBP 350 - 400 per month (equals INR 3 Lac per anumn) which seems to be too low.

Can you please check my above facts, I may be wrong in analyzing the cost of living and salary. I would like to apply after due diligence :roll: (as we say in our CA interpretations) as this would be an important decision in life to work and live in a foreign country.