ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa for my Parents - very urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachingpt
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa for my Parents - very urgent

Post by sachingpt » Thu May 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Hello,

I know this topic has been create many times but I have more specific question and if somebody can answer this I would be very greatful.

Here it is:

I am on intra company transfer since Jan 2008 in UK and having visa till Oct 14 2010. I would like to call my parents over for visiting UK (no occassion). I am planning to apply their visa on 24th may 2010 and there are couple of point I would like to ask:

1. Since I have only less than 5 month visa, will there be any problem for them to get visa on?
2. My father hasn't got any saving etc however my mother got property on her name and that is the only thing I can show to them in terms of financial aspect. I am sponsering then so will show my bank statements etc.
3. My brother with his wife and two children lives with my parents, so is it something I can show as families ties and if yes, what document would I need.
4. Can somebody show me a sampel coering letter from me and my parents to embassy?
5. Also I have got one bedroom property but that's not mentioned in rent agreement. planning to rent two bedroom. will there be any problem

Hope to get a response very soon, and if somebody can guide me what should I do in this case that will be very appreciated

Best regards,
Sachin

batleykhan

Re: Family visitor visa for my Parents - very urgent

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 pm

sachingpt wrote:Hello,

I know this topic has been create many times but I have more specific question and if somebody can answer this I would be very greatful.

Here it is:

I am on intra company transfer since Jan 2008 in UK and having visa till Oct 14 2010. I would like to call my parents over for visiting UK (no occassion). I am planning to apply their visa on 24th may 2010 and there are couple of point I would like to ask:

1. Since I have only less than 5 month visa, will there be any problem for them to get visa on?
2. My father hasn't got any saving etc however my mother got property on her name and that is the only thing I can show to them in terms of financial aspect. I am sponsering then so will show my bank statements etc.
3. My brother with his wife and two children lives with my parents, so is it something I can show as families ties and if yes, what document would I need.
4. Can somebody show me a sampel coering letter from me and my parents to embassy?
5. Also I have got one bedroom property but that's not mentioned in rent agreement. planning to rent two bedroom. will there be any problem

Hope to get a response very soon, and if somebody can guide me what should I do in this case that will be very appreciated

Best regards,
Sachin
You are wanting to call your parents for no specific occasion, you only have 5 months stay left in this country, your father hasn't any savings and you haven't got sufficient accommodation in the UK, I am sorry but you are not going to like what I am about to say and that is the chances of getting your parents for a short visit is practically nil in view of the above.

Sorry :cry:

sachingpt
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa for my Parents - very urgent

Post by sachingpt » Thu May 13, 2010 2:43 pm

batleykhan wrote:
sachingpt wrote:Hello,

Here it is:

Best regards,
Sachin
You are wanting to call your parents for no specific occasion, you only have 5 months stay left in this country, your father hasn't any savings and you haven't got sufficient accommodation in the UK, I am sorry but you are not going to like what I am about to say and that is the chances of getting your parents for a short visit is practically nil in view of the above.

Sorry :cry:
Does that mean if there is no reason we can't call parents or any dependent ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 13, 2010 2:46 pm

You can always visit them.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sachingpt
Newly Registered

Post by sachingpt » Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

The thing is my father is retired from his job and hasn't got savings but my mother got property in her name and I am sponsering them.

About the house, ite not mentioned in the rent agreement that its a one bedroom flat so I am not sure if they will find out about it any way

Is there any way to make it work ???

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Thu May 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:You can always visit them.
Not helpful, Wanderer. That's a reasonable response to serial immiogration offenders who squeal about Human Rights, but not to someone who would (apparently) like to bring his parents to the UK for a visit.

sachingpt, my guess is that your parents would need to show booked (hotel) accommodation in the UK.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Does that mean if there is no reason we can't call parents or any dependent ?
Yes because you have to a reason to call them in te first place. You have to explain that reason in the application on which teh ECO will decide whether to grant the visa or not.

Everything we do is because there is a reason to do it in the first place.

In view if what you have stated in your post, I have given you my opinion. It is up to you to decide whether you want to follow it or not.

sachingpt
Newly Registered

Post by sachingpt » Fri May 14, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks a lot for all this info.

This is the first time I am calling my parents over so I am not sure what reason should I state in the application. I just want to call them to visit me and I do not have any special purpose. I am sure lot of people calls their dependents with no reason but to visit them.

Do you know what can I write in my application?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 14, 2010 8:40 am

I dont think your problem is going to be looking for a reason to bring your parents, its the other things that I have stated above, where I think you will have difficulty

sowmyareddymca
Newly Registered

Post by sowmyareddymca » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:39 am

sachingpt wrote:Thanks a lot for all this info.

This is the first time I am calling my parents over so I am not sure what reason should I state in the application. I just want to call them to visit me and I do not have any special purpose. I am sure lot of people calls their dependents with no reason but to visit them.

Do you know what can I write in my application?
hi sachin,

definently you can invite your parents for short period like 3 months or less.

you need to write saying to spend holiday in london with you, during their stay you will take care of their accomdation and expenses. i have my friend who had similar situation., his parents got visa within 3 weeks time for 3 months valid visa. so you can apply. but you should show enough funds on your name here, and show properties whatever your mom has on her name, and show family tie ups also

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 am

sowmyareddymca wrote: definently you can invite your parents for short period like 3 months or less.

you need to write saying to spend holiday in london with you, during their stay you will take care of their accomdation and expenses.
I support that opinion. A lot of people get visa for no big reasons than sight-seeing London and England. You can invite your parents but need to prove you can accomodate and maintain them adequately.

Your parents as well needs to show ties to their home countries. Their age may be a factor in minimizing ECO's suspicion on their intentions. No need of a big occassion or reasons, you can state that you want your parents to holiday with you and experience the UK for a reasonable period (2 weeks to 1 month, depends on your plan)

You or any other close family members can pay (with proves) for their travel expenses and costs, in this case their savings or financial capabilities does not matter but must show other ties to their home country (families, properties, investments, ongoing projects etc).

Good luck
Live and let live