ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can T1 Dependent travel to UK before Main Applicant?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

npanglia

Can T1 Dependent travel to UK before Main Applicant?

Post by npanglia » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:55 pm

The question might have been repeated in the past, however wasn't able to search through.

Can my Tier 1 Dependent (Wife) can travel to UK before Main Applicant (i.e Me)?

The reason is that since I am serving my notice period in my organization, I won't be able to travel within 28 days period of getting Visa.
My wife dependent can:
1. help avoid second extension, since I am planning to move to UK from settlement purpose? - Somebody please confirm if that can be done.
2. search for a Job in the meanwhile I reach UK.

Please advice.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

1. The visa extension depends on the visa expiry date and not on the residence duration. If you think that you will not be qualified for visa extension because you were not in UK long enough, the dependent's stay in UK is irrelevent. Even ILR qualification depends on the main applicant's stay in UK and not the dependent's.

2. I doubt that 28 days would make any difference from job perspective. As it's bad anyways.

Is your wife lived in UK before or have close friends/relatives in UK?
Last edited by sachin_4646 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm

sachin_4646 wrote: 1. The visa extension is based on the Main applicant's residence status and not the dependent's..
I was thinking from the following prospective:
My wife enters within 28 days of getting Visa.
1st Extesntion - I will be applying for that after 2 years
2nd Extension - (3 years post 1st extension) Since my wife would have stayed for 5 years by that time, we can directly apply for ILR with she being the main applicant for ILR.

Any suggestions?

sachin_4646 wrote: Is your wife lived in UK before or have close friends/relatives in UK? If not, it does not make sense to let her struggle of her own.
She has been to UK before for 1 year and I do have some relatives/friends as well within UK.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 pm

[quote="npangliamy wife would have stayed for 5 years by that time, we can directly apply for ILR with she being the main applicant for ILR.

Any suggestions?

[/quote]

Your wife is your dependent. She cannot apply for ILR as main applicant.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 pm

You (Tier 1 visa holder) will need to file for ILR and your wife can be included in your application and not the other way around.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 pm

sachin_4646 wrote:Dependent can travel before the main applicant.
I am surprised to know this!! Are you sure that dependent can travel before the main applicant? that for the first time entering into the UK?

Thanks

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:00 pm

If in doubt, check with the Home Office.
Last edited by sachin_4646 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:13 pm

sachin_4646 wrote:The dependent visa is issued after the Main applicant provides documents to establish that he is settled in UK and can support his dependent financially.

But from OPs post, it seems he has managed to get the dependent visa for his wife already.

I dont think you are entirely correct sachin. The main applicant need not be in the UK and settled so that he can apply for his dependents.
He can do so from his home country even before travelling to the UK.

karpu

Tier 1 Dependent before main applicant.

Post by karpu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Friends,

I have checked with Home Office regarding this and they have updated me saying that the main applicaiton should travel first or both can travel together at first time.

DONT TAKE ANY RISKS

I have sent a mail to home office regarding this but i have not received any mail update but instead they have called from Chennai office and updated me about this. i have received call from this number
+91 44 42192151.

any one have any other experiences plz let me know.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm

sachin_4646 wrote:The dependent visa is issued after the Main applicant provides documents to establish that he is settled in UK and can support his dependent financially.

But from OPs post, it seems he has managed to get the dependent visa for his wife already.

Totally incorrect - A Tier 1 applicant can also include dependents at the time of Tier 1 visa application and thus secure visas for his whole family. There is no meaning of first securing Tier 1 and then, later, paying additional money and getting visas for dependents. The Consulate wont stop you if you do this, its just that you have to pay the visa fees again which is stupid.

KP

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 am

kenfrapin wrote:

Totally incorrect - A Tier 1 applicant can also include dependents at the time of Tier 1 visa application and thus secure visas for his whole family. There is no meaning of first securing Tier 1 and then, later, paying additional money and getting visas for dependents. The Consulate wont stop you if you do this, its just that you have to pay the visa fees again which is stupid.

KP
True. First time, both should travel.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 am

DELETED