ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration raided my Advisor!!! HELP PLZ!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandrix_007
Newly Registered

Immigration raided my Advisor!!! HELP PLZ!!!

Post by mandrix_007 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

My immigration advisor helped me to apply for my EEA2 application, we gave him all the required documents and he applied as our representitive on according to him on the 26th of June, after waiting a week I tried to contact him via email to check if they sent him any acknowledgement from the home office regarding my application but he did not reply. After waiting another day I tried calling his mobile and it kept on going on answering machine.

Finally I managed to get in contact with him today and he said that Immigration raided his house and took all his laptops, mobiles etc.. I then questioned him if this will affect my application and he said "No, it will not" and he has still not recieved any acknowledgement letter from them. He said to be patience and he will contact me once he gets any answer from them..

Now I am very scared and don't know what to do. I don't even know if my application got submitted or not... Can anyone please tell me what should I do??? :(

troubled

Post by troubled » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 pm

What do you mean by immigration raided his house? Was it UKBA that raided his home? If that is the case then you must be cautious as he may be involved in something contrary to the norm.Ask him for prove( receipt of posting or tracking number) that your application was sent to HO.It is difficult to trust him. The date you mentioned 26th June, it is 2009 or what year? If it was last year then you must be worried for not receiving COA let alone the resident card.

677ano

Re: Immigration raided my Advisor!!! HELP PLZ!!!

Post by 677ano » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm

mandrix_007 wrote:Hi everyone,

My immigration advisor helped me to apply for my EEA2 application, we gave him all the required documents and he applied as our representitive on according to him on the 26th of June, after waiting a week I tried to contact him via email to check if they sent him any acknowledgement from the home office regarding my application but he did not reply. After waiting another day I tried calling his mobile and it kept on going on answering machine.

Finally I managed to get in contact with him today and he said that Immigration raided his house and took all his laptops, mobiles etc.. I then questioned him if this will affect my application and he said "No, it will not" and he has still not recieved any acknowledgement letter from them. He said to be patience and he will contact me once he gets any answer from them..

Now I am very scared and don't know what to do. I don't even know if my application got submitted or not... Can anyone please tell me what should I do??? :(
call the UKBA office they will ask for your name, date of birth, address and nationality then ask them for an update on your application. That way you will know if your application was submitted or not.
we can all change our stars

mandrix_007
Newly Registered

Thanks for quick response..

Post by mandrix_007 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

@Troubled

Yes, it was the UKBA that raided his house, when I took his advise I was not aware if he is doing some dodgy business aswell.

It was 2010 not 2009, so according to him he submitted the application on 25/05/2010..

@677ano

Thats what I am planning to do tommorow to call the UKBA office, the problem is that he applied as my representitive and they will send any responce to him not me and I would like to change that...

Anyways fingers crossed lets see what they say when I call them tommoz...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:51 pm

You can tell UKBA that you no longer want him to be your representative.

You can also ask them for the status of your application.

Why did you use an advisor for an EEA2 application?