ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will this new English Language test requirement delay EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

P&T

Will this new English Language test requirement delay EEA2?

Post by P&T » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Anyone wondering how this new rule English test requirement for spouses of settled people in the UK ie EEA citizens exercising treaty rights in the UK will affect the EEA2 applicants?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... equirement

Any more delays would be just frustrating :roll: ! Its now going into the fifth month and still no sign of the our documents and RC!

Any ideas wonderful people?

Regards,

P&T

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Compulsory English language tests will be introduced for non-European migrants applying to come to the UK to join or marry their settled partner, the UK government announced today.
This requirement does NOT apply to EU citizens or to their non-EU family members. So it will have NO affect on EEA2 applications.

tati*

Post by tati* » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Compulsory English language tests will be introduced for non-European migrants applying to come to the UK to join or marry their settled partner, the UK government announced today.
This requirement does NOT apply to EU citizens or to their non-EU family members. So it will have NO affect on EEA2 applications.
HI!
Would you be so kind to tell me whether this requirement will have an affect if my fiance is Italian and I apply for EEA family permit from Ukraine to join him?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm

tati* wrote:Would you be so kind to tell me whether this requirement will have an affect if my fiance is Italian and I apply for EEA family permit from Ukraine to join him?
I have seen no indication that this requirement applies to family of EEA citizens.

Are you planning to marry before applying for the EEA Family Permit, or have you already been living together as a common law couple for a while?