ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

4real

After Appeal

Post by 4real » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi everyone,

The judge stated that he is not fully satisfy that the mirage has lasted for at least three years even though we had a document showing that from the day of mirage which is dated may 2003 to March 2006 does not show it lasted for three years.
Please my question now is, can I get more information from the tax office showing my step dad actually excersice treaty right to around 2008 working and paying tax in the country, as i definately no he was working to around 2008.

troubled

Post by troubled » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

So what is the outcome of the appeal,allow or dismiss? Is the judge concerned about exercising of treaty rights by your father or the lasting of marrige for three years or both? Give more details for advice.

4real

Thanks

Post by 4real » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Is not allowed,

He only said we can appeal againts is decision so the upper tier can also look into. He said we need to prove that he was working excersicing treaty right, which will obviously show that the mirage has lasted for three years also.

troubled

Post by troubled » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:51 pm

What documents did you supply that your step dad exercised treaty rights during the three -year period? Did you provide his P60`s for the three years in question and also evidence to show that he was still exercising the treaty rights between the period the divorce proceedings started to the period decree absolute was granted? If you can yes to the questions then I think appealing to the upper tribunal is the best option, but it all depends if the immigration judge made material error in his judgement.Wait for others to share their views.

bobobo

Re: After Appeal

Post by bobobo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:35 pm

sorry but i am confused, the judge refused the appeal as he thought the marriage did not last for 3 years... you say that you want to prove that your step dad was exercising rights around that time. if the judge is not satisfied with the duration of the marriage I am not sure if proving that your step dad exercised his rights here will help you. Also I am not sure if the Tax office can give this info out due to data protection...you need to be clear on what the exact reason is for refusal.
4real wrote:Hi everyone,

The judge stated that he is not fully satisfy that the mirage has lasted for at least three years even though we had a document showing that from the day of mirage which is dated may 2003 to March 2006 does not show it lasted for three years.
Please my question now is, can I get more information from the tax office showing my step dad actually excersice treaty right to around 2008 working and paying tax in the country, as i definately no he was working to around 2008.

pat1111
Newly Registered

solicitor

Post by pat1111 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Was it paper appeal or did you appeal with a solicitor?