ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relative dilemma

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

onja2009
Newly Registered

Relative dilemma

Post by onja2009 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Hello All

I need your advice on what steps can be taken. My mother comes around to the UK on visit,and lately she has been assisting us look after our newborn baby. I am on a spousal visA,WIFE is a briton.
What steps can be taken? what application do i put in to make her stay over here and also can my wife apply for dependant visa for her.
thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:15 pm

You cant.

It is not possible at all to switch from a visitor visa to any other visa here in UK.

Furthermore I wouldn't even bother applying for a dependent visa (which is what she wants) as it will only make her job to get a visitor visa in the future even harder.

The ECO might assume that if your mum goes to the UK, she will not probally return

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Also remember that's it's fine for grandparents to help the parents look after the grandchildren whilst in the UK on a visitor visa because after all that's what grandparents do. It is not though ok for them to look after the children on their own so that both of the parents can work or study. That is classified as work, and if the UKBA suspect it is happening they can refuse the granting of visitor visas or entry into the UK.