ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anon Mouse

Fiancee Visa Interview

Post by Anon Mouse » Thu May 27, 2010 11:31 am

My Girlfreind who was applied for a Fiancee visa to come to UK had an interview today in relation to her application and now she seems to think it will be refused.

It seems the person who interviewed her at Consoulate in China did not introduce herself, was horrible to her and left my Fiancee with no confidence. Our age difference was questioned and the lady asked her if she thought the 7 year gap was too big, and told her she did not accept my Fiancee's reason for joining the website (asian freind finder) that we met on and accused her of joining the website with the sole intention of getting a foreign husband.

I don't know if the person who interviews applicatants is supposed to ask harsh questions and seem nasty, or if that person does not want to issuie visa however she was asked to leave her passport so maybe there is still chance of it being accepted. Our relationship was not questioned so we still have some hope, but my fiancee is really upset and also myself.

Has anyone had the same experience or can give some advice on what happens next?

cheers

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu May 27, 2010 1:16 pm

How many times have you met in person and do you have evidence of the time spent together?

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm

4 times in total. In her application we gave full details and evidence of my sponsorship, we gave photos, tickets, letters, emails, bills everything.

thanks

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Can't believe she was questioning a 7 year gap, hardly unusual. Just wondering what reason she gave for joining asian friend finder? As I would thought most people who join those types of sites are at least thinking about finding a relationship, so stating you weren't might be a little difficult to believe.

It does seems some of the interviewers can be a bit nasty, maybe they think they can get to the truth that way. Though to be honest the person who interviewed my wife (then my fiancee - 8 years younger by the way) was very nice, though maybe the fact that they knew I was waiting outside helped.

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm

her reason was to meet new freinds and practise her English skills and apprently the officer said she did not belive her. They also asked strange questions about me and took her passport without a recipt or any guidence about what to do next. Understandably we are both devistated even if there is still a small glimmer of hope my Fiancee seems convinced the visa is going to be rejected

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 27, 2010 11:48 pm

No point pondering over about the possible outcome. Lets wait to see what the actual outcome is and then take it from there. :D

Anon Mouse

Post by Anon Mouse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:36 am

Panic over! my girlfreind has had her fiancee visa accepted and we gonna get married in September, so thanks for everyones help its appreciated.

Right, next step.......after we get married, we need apply for Marriage visa. What is the procedure for this, fees and timescale for applying for this, the information online seems contridictary.

cheers

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:13 am

Anon Mouse wrote:Panic over! my girlfreind has had her fiancee visa accepted and we gonna get married in September, so thanks for everyones help its appreciated.

Right, next step.......after we get married, we need apply for Marriage visa. What is the procedure for this, fees and timescale for applying for this, the information online seems contridictary.

cheers
Congratulations, glad it worked out for you.

After you get married and before the visa expires you need to apply for FLR

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... pe/flr(m)/

Currently £475 postal, £730 in person. Requires identities documents, proof of finances, etc.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am

Bear in mind that your wife be unable to work legally until after the 2 year spouse visa - FLR(M) is granted. Postal applications are taking around 14 weeks to process at present.