ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Naturalization Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amna10
Newly Registered

Spouse Naturalization Question

Post by amna10 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:54 pm

My husband is due to apply for naturalization next month. We have a couple of questions if someone could please help:

1. Last year we were behind on our council tax and arranged repayments with council, we have now cleared the balance and are up to date with this years payments. Will this affect application under the "good character criteria"

2. At interview will they ask my husband anything about all direct debits form my account and pay ins. If so then he can learn them.

Thank you.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Naturalization Question

Post by f2k » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 pm

amna10 wrote:My husband is due to apply for naturalization next month. We have a couple of questions if someone could please help:

1. Last year we were behind on our council tax and arranged repayments with council, we have now cleared the balance and are up to date with this years payments. Will this affect application under the "good character criteria"

2. At interview will they ask my husband anything about all direct debits form my account and pay ins. If so then he can learn them.

Thank you.
1/ If the council didnt take you to court then you should be ok

2/ What Interview are you talking about?

amna10
Newly Registered

Post by amna10 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm

No they did not take us to court. I think it may be the interview when you get your passport or get your nationality, not sure. Someone mentioned there was an interview at some stage during the process.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:15 am

amna10 wrote:No they did not take us to court. I think it may be the interview when you get your passport or get your nationality, not sure. Someone mentioned there was an interview at some stage during the process.
There is an identity interview when your husband applies for his passport. At that point he needs to know about what bank accounts you have, but won't need to know about details of direct debits, etc.