ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR O query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soniet247
Newly Registered

FLR O query

Post by soniet247 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi all,

I am very new to this board not so sure if is right place to put my questions. I did my flr o application on 5th jan 2010, and according to my understanding is supposed to take 14wks now is 17wks and no answer mind you i did not even get a confirmation that they have received my application and was sent thru recorded delivery. My case was not straight forward but even though is it supposed to take this long? Anyone who is going thru same frustrations ? Can someone shed some light to me please. Thx. x

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Re: FLR O query

Post by HRY2005 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

soniet247 wrote:My case was not straight forward
Can you shed more light for people to understand what you mean? Did you apply yourself used a representative?

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:42 pm

HRY2005 wrote:
Can you shed more light for people to understand what you mean? Did you apply yourself used a representative?
Hi HRY2005, i did use a representative but as you know these solicitors sometimes they mess you about he was very nice before when he was putting my case forward to the HO, but after that he talk to me soo rudely in such away that i have no energy to chat with him, mind you i have just finished paying him all the money he needed so i cant change him to another one as that means i have to pay again. Thats why i am looking for some advice and then i know what to do next. Thank you.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 pm

soniet247 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:
Hi HRY2005, i did use a representative but as you know these solicitors sometimes they mess you about he was very nice before when he was putting my case forward to the HO, but after that he talk to me soo rudely in such away that i have no energy to chat with him, mind you i have just finished paying him all the money he needed so i cant change him to another one as that means i have to pay again. Thats why i am looking for some advice and then i know what to do next. Thank you.
Hi,
I really dont understand the problem with solicitors. You should be able to speak to your solicitor no matter what. I speak to my solicitor whenever I need to and she's always happy to answer my questions (may be I'm lucky). Your solicitor might have the acknowledgement letter because all correspondence from the HO goes to address 1 on the FLR(O), which might be your solicitors' address.

My advice is to ask your solicitor for any evidence that he actually submit your application. I have seen it happen (especially in London), where solicitors would take money up to £3k and never submit any application. Dont be afraid to speak to him, because you have paid him, you deserve to know the progress of your application. I believe the HO would always send an acknowledgement letter when they receive an application, so take no for an answer until you see evidence of submission. I dont think you can make any enquiry from the HO without the REF NO. which would be on the acknowledgement letter.

Good luck

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:22 pm

HRY2005 wrote:
soniet247 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:
Hi HRY2005, thanks for your advice i called my solicitor last thursday to enquire about the acknowledgement letter and luckily enough he told me there was a letter from HO requesting some documents from me and my partner and i should receive it by Monday. He did not say what documents am just waiting to see what they are.

Hi,
I really dont understand the problem with solicitors. You should be able to speak to your solicitor no matter what. I speak to my solicitor whenever I need to and she's always happy to answer my questions (may be I'm lucky). Your solicitor might have the acknowledgement letter because all correspondence from the HO goes to address 1 on the FLR(O), which might be your solicitors' address.

My advice is to ask your solicitor for any evidence that he actually submit your application. I have seen it happen (especially in London), where solicitors would take money up to £3k and never submit any application. Dont be afraid to speak to him, because you have paid him, you deserve to know the progress of your application. I believe the HO would always send an acknowledgement letter when they receive an application, so take no for an answer until you see evidence of submission. I dont think you can make any enquiry from the HO without the REF NO. which would be on the acknowledgement letter.

Good luck

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 pm

soniet247 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:
soniet247 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:

Hi HRY2005, thanks for your advice i called my solicitor last thursday to enquire about the acknowledgement letter and luckily enough he told me there was a letter from HO requesting some documents from me and my partner and i should receive it by Monday. He did not say what documents am just waiting to see what they are.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Sun May 09, 2010 7:37 pm

please can you shed more light on ur FLR O application? Was it an application based on marriage, article 8 grounds or extension of a discretionary leave to remain?

I also applied for an extension of my 3 yr discretionary leave on 8.01.10, based on marriage to a BC, but I've not heard from the HO since then.

Thanks

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes my application is based on marriage and is hell of time waiting as i am not allowed to work. I hope it goes well soon as i am running out patience.

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 pm

sorry i forgot to mention i applied under article 8 too.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 am

Many thanks for ur response. Pls r u able to share the contents of ur letter from HO when u receive it? i.e wht documents have they requested etc?

thanks

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:39 am

kennieg wrote:please can you shed more light on ur FLR O application? Was it an application based on marriage, article 8 grounds or extension of a discretionary leave to remain?

I also applied for an extension of my 3 yr discretionary leave on 8.01.10, based on marriage to a BC, but I've not heard from the HO since then.

Thanks
Hi
Would you be able to share why you apply under article 8 of ECHR and not directly for a spouse visa? I'm only trying to learn from your experience, though I have an article 8 application already pending on DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN AS A PERSON EXERCISING RIGHT OF ACCESS TO A CHILD.

My partner and my son are both British but we are not married yet. We are meeting my solicitor next week to sign our COA application forms but my partner is still under 21, we just want to get married because we love each other and prove our commitment.

would like to hear more from you, thanks.

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:53 pm

I have not received the letter yet but i am sure i will get it not later than Wednesday and i will let you know exactly what documents are needed. Regarding your question why i did not apply directly as a spouse is because we are not married yet also my partner is british but i am not.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 am

soniet247...

hv u recvd the letter from HO yet? pls can u share contents...many thanks

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Kennieg

At last i received the letter today and the documents are: ALL DOCUMENTS SHLD BE ORIGINALS.

1. Passport for my british partner
2. Detailed bank statements covering the last number of months.
3. Most current Council Tax Bill
4. Further documentary evidence of co-habitation from the time you started living together.
5. Any additional information.
6. Documentary evidence you have been living together as a couple. A total of 20 items if not possible to produce 20 atleast you should have 10 the most solid e.g water bill, gas bill etc

I am sending them tmrw as I am given seven days. I hope that info helps. If anything comes up will keep you posted.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Wed May 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Many thanks for sharing the content of ur letter.

It looks promising that u will be granted if u are able to submit all the requested documents. I submitted almost all of thesame documents when I made my original FLR application (article 8) in 2006 and was then granted the DLR for 3yrs.
As stated in my previous post, I've now applied for an extension of the DLR and awaiting a response.

Wishing you all the best in ur application and pls keep me posted.

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Kennieg,

Can i ask you how long did you wait after submission of your documents?

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 pm

soniet...

I submitted all the documents with my original application in September 2004 via an immigration solicitor, HO acknowledged receipt. I didnt hear anything from HO for 1year, I then involved my MP who wrote the HO to expediate my case, nothing happened for a few months.

Then all of a sudden, in October 2006, 2 immigration officers visited our home just to confirm the marriage was genuine (I think becos I was an overstayer by the time I applied for FLR (based on marriage to a BC,...article 8), and also interviewed my husband and myself.

December 2006...I was granted the 3yr DLR! So it took about 2yrs to get a decision!

But it looks like your case will be quicker as they have requested further documents already, so I guess they are looking at ur case or in the process. I feel it shouldnt be a long wait for you!

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:02 pm

soniet247 wrote:Kennieg

At last i received the letter today and the documents are: ALL DOCUMENTS SHLD BE ORIGINALS.

1. Passport for my british partner
2. Detailed bank statements covering the last number of months.
3. Most current Council Tax Bill
4. Further documentary evidence of co-habitation from the time you started living together.
5. Any additional information.
6. Documentary evidence you have been living together as a couple. A total of 20 items if not possible to produce 20 atleast you should have 10 the most solid e.g water bill, gas bill etc

I am sending them tmrw as I am given seven days. I hope that info helps. If anything comes up will keep you posted.
Hi, didn't you send all of the above with your initial application? From your original post, you submitted in Jan, what date was on your letter, I 'm trying to calculate how long it took the HO to respond to you.

I only submitted in March (22nd) and got acknowledgement within 10 days, dated the 25th of March. Nothing else, think I've got a long time to wait, hehe

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Kennieg,

No i did not send documents with my initial application the reason being the form only requested 3 current payslips/bank statements. My application was sent on 5th of Jan 2010 and i did not get anything until 06.05.10 when i received that letter requesting documents.

Thx Kennieg for wishing me well i hope they wont take long too. Just be positive things will be ok soon too.

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 pm

[quote="soniet247"]Hi Kennieg,

Hi Kennieg,

I got my discretionery leave to remain today for 3yrs am soo happy, i hope u get it soon too.

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Soniet247,
Congratulations.........I'm really very happy for you...I also hope mine comes thru soon as well

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

[quote="kennieg"]Hi Soniet247

Thank you very much, was a hell of wait but at long last it has happened! Am glad i can go ahead with my wedding preparations now. Just be positive and i`ll pray for you too.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:38 pm

soniet247 wrote:
soniet247 wrote:Hi Kennieg,

Hi Kennieg,

I got my discretionery leave to remain today for 3yrs am soo happy, i hope u get it soon too.
Congratulations Soniet247, I am so happy for you. Following your first post you submitted your application in January 2010 (that would be 5 months, you are so lucky).

Congratulations once again.
Live and let live

soniet247
Newly Registered

Post by soniet247 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

[quote="HRY2005"][quote="soniet247"][quote="soniet247"
Hi HRY2005

Thank u very much, you are right it was exactly 5months and is true i am lucky i have nothing to say apart from giving God glory. I would like to enourage everyone who is waiting to remember God has no limits i could not beleive it when i got it, as i have only lived with my partner only 11 months and yet we are not married, wasnt this a miracle? I was very worried when we were submitting our documents as you can see i thot they had to say we must have to produce 2yrs cohabitation prove but they were happy with 11 months. All the best to those who are waiting.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:47 pm

soniet247 wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:
soniet247 wrote:[quote="soniet247"
Hi HRY2005

Thank u very much, you are right it was exactly 5months and is true i am lucky i have nothing to say apart from giving God glory. I would like to enourage everyone who is waiting to remember God has no limits i could not beleive it when i got it, as i have only lived with my partner only 11 months and yet we are not married, wasnt this a miracle? I was very worried when we were submitting our documents as you can see i thot they had to say we must have to produce 2yrs cohabitation prove but they were happy with 11 months. All the best to those who are waiting.
I am sending you a private message. Check your PM
Live and let live