ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink Driving Ban and Canadian Immigration

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archerlegend
Newly Registered

Drink Driving Ban and Canadian Immigration

Post by archerlegend » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi,

I have been convicted of drink driving in nov 2009 and was banned for 12months (9months) after doing the Rehab Course which is getting over in August 2010. I was seriously planning to apply for skilled worker category for Canadian Immigration. Will this ruin my application now, as I read any driving convictions can have serious affect and the person is considered Inadmissible to Canada...

I am qualifying with good points (72, only need 67) but, do I have to declare this stupid mistake I have done for the first time in my life and definitely not going to repeat again, which can jeopardise my application? What sort of Database the Immigration officers share? Will they be able to find out UK records in Canada?

Please advise! If there is any consultants or criminal lawyers who can help me??

Many thanks in advance for your kind advice and guidance.

Best regards,

Archerlegend

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:45 pm

If you are asked the question answer truthfully, otherwise it could be the second stupid mistake you make in your life.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Drink Driving Ban and Canadian Immigration

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:48 am

archerlegend wrote:Hi,

I have been convicted of drink driving in nov 2009 and was banned for 12months (9months) after doing the Rehab Course which is getting over in August 2010. I was seriously planning to apply for skilled worker category for Canadian Immigration. Will this ruin my application now, as I read any driving convictions can have serious affect and the person is considered Inadmissible to Canada...

I am qualifying with good points (72, only need 67) but, do I have to declare this stupid mistake I have done for the first time in my life and definitely not going to repeat again, which can jeopardise my application? What sort of Database the Immigration officers share? Will they be able to find out UK records in Canada?

Please advise! If there is any consultants or criminal lawyers who can help me??

Many thanks in advance for your kind advice and guidance.

Best regards,

Archerlegend
Canadian immigration process requires that you send in a police certificate from any country where you have lived for 6 months of more. If the information is on the police certificate, Canada immigration will know about it.

As the previous poster recommended, tell the truth.

Ray

archerlegend
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by archerlegend » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:02 am

Many thanks for your advices guys. But, do you think this offence will disqualify me from the immigration process?

Best regards,

ArcherLegend

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 am

archerlegend wrote:Many thanks for your advices guys. But, do you think this offence will disqualify me from the immigration process?

Best regards,

ArcherLegend
To qualify you have had to be rehabilitated. You need to check with what the process is for that. You may want to check with a lawyer. You may also want to look at http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33 as there are few posts regarding that on there.

Ray

archerlegend
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by archerlegend » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:32 am

Many thanks Ray, that was very helpful!

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

<original post deleted>