ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI Card, NHS card and Council Tax are mandatory for ILR !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajesh1319

NI Card, NHS card and Council Tax are mandatory for ILR !

Post by rajesh1319 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 pm

For ILR application SET (O), I am gathering all require docs,

While collecting docs, I have observed that following docs are missing

1. My NI card is missing (Though I have 5 year original P60, salary slips, and bank a/c statements)
2. My wife NHS card is missing.
3. Original 2007-2008 council tax bill is missing. (I have photocopy and all receipts of payment). Also I have other original utility bills for that period.

Are these docs are mandatory for ILR set (O) application.

Rajesh

rajesh1319

Post by rajesh1319 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Are these docs are mandatory for ILR set (O) application ?

Any comment ?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:54 pm

rajesh1319 wrote:Are these docs are mandatory for ILR set (O) application ?
Not mandatory.....

No where in the application they ask for these info...

umbala
Newly Registered

Post by umbala » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Please do you really need payslips for 5years??? and bankstatements for that long? I have payslips for 4 months isn't that enough evidence? Please let me know, my interview is on Friday. Thanks

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 pm

umbala wrote:Please do you really need payslips for 5years??? and bankstatements for that long? I have payslips for 4 months isn't that enough evidence? Please let me know, my interview is on Friday. Thanks
You don't need 60 payslips, but I find it surprising that you only have 4 payslips out of 60 months...

umbala
Newly Registered

Post by umbala » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 pm

To be honest, I do have more but I'm just wondering if it is necessary to take them all. I plan on taking just 4, is that OK? Thanks

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:21 am

umbala wrote:To be honest, I do have more but I'm just wondering if it is necessary to take them all. I plan on taking just 4, is that OK? Thanks
they usually ask for three, to be safe, I'd take six payslips + bank statements plus ALL P60s...

umbala
Newly Registered

Missing P60s

Post by umbala » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks so much for your help. My interview is tomorrow. I'm applying under work permit but i've lost 2 out of 5 of my P60s...I'm hoping this wouldn't be too much of a problem because nowhere on the form did they ask for P60s? Thank you

John

Post by John » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 pm

What interview? You are going along to the PEO, but no way is that for an interview! The word "interview" simply does not sum up what happens .... which is :-

After an initial check, to make sure everything is on order, you will pay. After that, yes you do present the form and evidence, and you might get asked the odd question to clarify something, but to describe that as an interview is simply inaccurate. For you it is a much more laid-back process.

Enjoy! Hope it goes well.
John

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:24 pm

John wrote:
Enjoy! Hope it goes well.
If its WP you don't need P60s... Last few months payslips bank statements should do the job!

Good luck; keep us posted

umbala
Newly Registered

Post by umbala » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks John but I think it was highly unhelpful that you didn't try to answer my question but instead picked on the fact that I said 'Interview'

Anyway, Thanks all for your help. My ILR application on friday 18th June was successful. They didn't ask me for anything, I just submitted the documents I had which was sufficient for them I guess.

My case was fairly straight forward:

Applying as work permit holder for 5 years
Lived in the UK for 9 years (4 as a student at University)
Documents handed: Letter from Employer (which the UKBA kept)
Letter showing when my work permit was granted (given to me by employer)
All passports
4 months pay slips
P60s (which I don't think was necessary)
Bank statements (which again I don't think was necessary because payslips already show how much you earn and you can keep yourself I guess) My bank statements were printed off the internet and stamped by the bank.

And that was it, waited 3hours every one nice and friendly and I was done with my passport handed back to me. Watched the Germany v Serbia match which was lively as we all oooed and arghed as we waited:-)

I wish everyone else good luck with applications etc.